Ricemarket Asian Bistro

Contact 35357530

Hausergade 38, Copenhagen, Denmark, 1128

Serves meat, vegan options available. Laid back Thai food restaurant in the city centre, affiliated with Kiin Kiin restaurant. Could ask for tofu as substitution for meat in a dish. Try the red curry. Open Mon-Sun 10:30am-10:00pm.

Category: Ovo, Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Asian, Non-veg

First Review by piffelina

WARNING - all the curries have FISH SAUCE - Edit

I was previously recommended to go here and try their red curries.

Upon arrival, I asked if it was possible to veganize their curries by choosing to add tofu instead of meat. I was told yes. I then inquired about fish sauce in their dishes, and was then told that it was a part of all their curries and could not be omitted.

The waiter offered to make me noodles with veggies instead. I was there with a friend and it was raining a lot, so there wasn't really an option to leave.

I also ordered a glass of freshly squeezed mango-orange juice (prized 50 dkk).

My dish was noodles in soy sauce with sprouts, (very hard) peanuts and cilantro. It was pretty uninspiring, but I was starving and the dish was edible.

My tiny glass of juice was clearly regular store-bought multi-vitamin tropical juice. My friends pineapple juice (40 dkk, not freshly squeezed) tasted like it was diluted with water. She (meat-eater) said that the red curry was delicious, but said that the chicken had a rubbery consistency.

I was unpleasantly surprised to see that they charged me 145 dkk for my less-than-average meal.

Won't be coming back, and frankly don't understand why this place is featured on Happycow.

Pros: Could acommodate to make me a vegan dish

Cons: All their curries have fish sauce, Boring, over-priced vegan option, Market their juice as freshly squeezed - isn't

Return to Copenhagen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ricemarket Asian Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.