Rice Thai Cuisine

805-641-3573

387 E Main St, Ventura, California, USA, 93001

Serves meat, vegan options available. Typical Thai food menu in a casual modern setting. With each dish, you have a choice of protein: meat, vegetable, tofu. Be sure to specify your requests (no fish sauce, egg, etc.) Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-9:30pm.

Categories: Ovo, Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by DannyMac

yummy food! - Edit

Downtown Ventura has a gem here. Vegans are treated like royalty. They do serve meat but as a vegan I appreciated the fact that non of the sauces have fish or oyster sauce in them. The kitchen is completely dairy free. Very reasonable prices and a large drink menu. Homemade vegan coconut ice cream available for dessert. Delicious Penang curry.

Pros: lots of vegan options and a knowledgeable staff

Cons: none

Maybe...someday. - Edit

I never actually ate there. On a sunny weekend afternoon I sat on the patio. There was one outside patron eating and several inside. Both the manager and two waitresses looked at me, but no one ever came out. When I decided enough was enough, I went to leave. A waitress was cleaning the foyer. I asked if they were closing, and she said "We are closed until 5 pm." Nice service!

Whatever. Maybe I will try them some day. I went across the street and had a great, authentic Thai meal at their much less pretentuous competition.

Updated from previous review on 2016-10-26

Pros: It smelled good.

Cons: The hours are obviously incorrect here!, Very poor service and signage when 'closed'.

Return to Ventura Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rice Thai Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.