Rhonwen's Eyeries Bistro

( 1 review )
027-74771

Eyeries, Beara, West Cork, Eyeries, Ireland

Serves meat, vegan options available. Reported the kitchen is careful to avoid cross contamination and uses seasonably sourced produce. The vegan choices includes starters and desserts. House-made bread is vegan and organic Open Wed-Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, European, Irish, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by fimct

Great choice, great attention to detail - Edit

My husband and I went with friends who live locally, in early January; all four of us were blown away by the food, wine and service. All of us are vegan, with one being gluten-intolerant also, and they catered for all of us on-menu rather than having to search around for something they could make suitable. I don’t think I’ve been anywhere other than a specific vegan or vegetarian restaurant where there’s been such a choice.

I can particularly recommend the tempeh salad starter – it’s really flavoursome and yet not too filling. Attention to detail is something most eateries seem to forget about, but not here – there was chilled water on the table when we arrived, chips - often not that great in many places – which we ordered as a side dish were just right (not too thin, not too fat, just crisp) and when I couldn’t decide on dessert I was able to order two, one to take away, which they are also prepared for. I had the upside-down apple pie (really sticky and sweet – just right) and the banoffee pie (lots of textures and gorgeous flavours).

I should also mention the wine was amazing too – especially the Horgelus rosé. I’m not often a huge fan of rosé as it can be neither one thing nor the other but this was definitely a classic. The wine is clearly marked on the menu if it is vegan, and most are.

The service was attentive and friendly but not over-the-top; the atmosphere was cosy and convivial (the restaurant was full or almost-full) – not too formal but it felt like a ‘proper night out’ rather than a casual bite.

Certainly a far cry from your standard restaurant with nothing but meat – a real gem, especially for rural Ireland. Long may it flourish! Would have given it an 'Excellent - 5 cows' rating but Happy Cow does not allow it for non-veggie restaurants (understandably).

Pros: Excellent choice of vegan food , Friendly staff, Great atmosphere

Return to Eyeries Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rhonwen's Eyeries Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.