Rey Sol - Parque Central

502-22512588

8, Calle 5-36, Zona 1, Guatemala City, Guatemala

Central park branch of Rey Sol vegetarian restaurant. Daily buffet, fresh juices, salads, local specialties, organic coffee. Southwest side of the Central Park and near Paseo de Sexta. Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-4:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Buffet, Take-out, Guatemalan

First Review by coverseas

Okay - Edit

We got there closer to closing. They had a few things to offer; rice, collard greens, something fried , and 2 soups. We got the rice and collard greens and fried thing. They reheated it. It was very salty. They also have baked goods for sale, most of them are vegan! :) And a few smoothies. The staff was nice.

Pros: Vegan baked goods. Fast and friendly service. Big

Cons: Salty., Not the freshest (because it's a buffet).

Good option, if a tad bland - Edit

This is part of a chain, but I believe this is the first one at which I've eaten.

Reasonably-priced food for Guatemala and a steady vegetarian option. As far as I know, what I had was vegan, and they have mostly, if I recall correctly, vegan options, with some egg possibilities.

I had a soy-meat sandwich with 2 small salads with it. The taste was blander than I expected, but not bad. In addition to the menu, they have a small 'buffet' where you can choose items by weight, so I think that overall there is a fair variety.

The aesthetics were bland, too (no transparent windows), but the location is good as it's on the plaza. Would definitely go back regularly if I were in the area.

Pros: Reasonably-priced, More vegan than not, Reasonably variety of items

Cons: A bit bland, Aesthetics not terribly pleasing

Return to Guatemala City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rey Sol - Parque Central closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.