Revolutionary Lounge

Contact 732-608-7819

1776 Hooper Ave (at Church Rd), Toms River, New Jersey, USA, 08753

Serves meat, vegan options available. New American restaurant offers a wide variety of vegan choices, including a tofu scramble for breakfast. Uses fresh ingredients in all dishes. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-9:00pm, Sat 10:00am-9:00pm, Sun 10:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Delivery, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by aveganjourney

Vegan options are a win - Edit

Usually in this area "Vegan options" means french fries and a house salad. Revolutionary Lounge always has true Vegan options that are planned and prepared for those who live a cruelty free lifestyle to have proper choices available on the menu. In addition to their Vegan menu items they also have a dessert case which features a very prominent selection of Vegan desserts and sweets.

Pros: Vegan menu items, Vegan deserts

it's ok - Edit

it has a nice atmosphere but the vegan options are super limited and very blan.... tofu or tempeh... I got the tempeh sandwich and it just tasted like they coated it in cheap store bough BBQ sauce. nothing fancy

Pros: cute shop, nice quiet place

Cons: no options!!

Coffee is good, but food just boring - Edit

I found myself in Tom's River for some work related business and planned to have lunch here since I had seen the menu online. I enjoyed the atmosphere and vibe of the place and see how this could be a fun place to hang out and catch a music show. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed in my meal. I wanted to try something new and not go for the scramble since or portabello sandwich since I make those at home. I ordered the Lemon Basil Tofu sandwich hoping for something exciting and instead I got a plain boring tofu. It is not really grilled just cooked on the Flattop. I guess I expected grill marks if it says grilled. The tofu was boring with no flavor whatsoever. It had a lemon basil sauce and greens and a lemon wedge full of seeds. The side options are pita or tortilla chips. I went with the pita, but it came with nothing to dip them in and just made my mouth feel dry. Thankfully the coffee was great. I wish this place had better food, but with such a large menu in a tiny kitchen it is hard to deliver quality.

Pros: Great Coffee, Friendly Service, Hip Atmoshphere

Cons: Bland Food, Boring Food, No creative menu options

Worth A Stop For The Scramble - Edit

We had the tofu scramble with a side of home fries which was very good. They have vegan items on the menu but this is the only dish we had for brunch. The coffee was excellent. Don't expect soft jazz as the name is revolutionary. Loved the art work. Earlier in the morning I would have preferred the music was a notch softer. By 11am I would expect the music they play although if too loud it might turn off the average traveler.

Pros: Tofu Scramble, Stmosphere, Location

Return to Toms River Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Revolutionary Lounge closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1994 times since Jun 2013.