Revolution Brewing Co

Contact 773-227-2739

2323 N Milwaukee Ave (at California), Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60647

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vegetarian and vegan options denoted with a V on menu. Has vegan pizza, several vegan sandwiches, and rotating vegan specials.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by SynthVegan

Great Date Spot, Vegan Food Meh - Edit

Popular Logan Square spot. The atmosphere is great for a first date or meeting with a bunch of friends.. fun, lively, not hip more mainstream with just a slight leftward lean. Gets very crowded. Bar in middle & tables on the sides. Bike rack out front.

Needs more vegan selections. Yummy jumbo pretzel as appetizer comes w cheese sauce (no vegan cheese option) and mustard. Breaded deep fried mushroom appetizer is good but nothing to write home about. Even the kale salad is not vegan (you have to ask to hold the cheese).

Located next to The Chicago Diner. Go there to eat & here for drinks! : )

Amazing beer, not many vegan options - Edit

We tried some fantastic beers. And despite the wait there was a nice atmosphere. The food is nice - but as it's right next to the AMAZING Chicago Diner it is a bit disappointing (maybe that's an unfair comparison, but...) The menu didn't mention anything vegan, but the (very helpful) staff gave us a couple of options that could be made vegan by leaving stuff out. The food wasn't memorable - nothing wrong with it but we can't remember what we had, and as foodies that's not a good sign! (Or is that to do with the beer?)

Would be a great place to go for a social with people who refuse to try vegan food!

Note to the people running the place - it really is nice to have it made clear on a menu what is vegan (if we hadn't read about RB on Happy Cow, we'd have assumed there was nothing for us and left).

Pros: Excellent beer, Great they have vegan food

Cons: Menu should be clear, More options would be good

Good beer, okay food - Edit

If you can get past the atmosphere in this place--and often 2 hour wait--you can get some good beer and okay food. Vegan options exist, but they aren't that good. There seem to be more vegetarian options. The menu changes occasionally so hopefully new items will appear. The pizzas and the tempeh Reuben are quite good. The beer is excellent!

Pros: Beer, Good portions

Cons: Atmosphere, Loud, Long wait

Revolution Brewing Company - Edit

This place is loved by the locals, believe me - RB is usually packed during the weekends. The first time I went I ordered the tempeh ruben and didn't like it. But my bf loved RB so much that I decided to give it another shot since they have so many other vegan options. Well I fell in love with their tofu scramble, it originally came with polenta and a plethora of veggies but they've since discontinued the polenta (bummer!). Minus the polenta, the tofu scramble is still pretty awesome and I love the basil sauce they top it with. This is definitely a cool place to check out if you're in town, it's also conveniently located near the California Blue Line stop.

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Revolution Brewing Co closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1409 times since Jun 2012.