First Review by misssakura

Delicious and cheap! - Edit

I love Revive. Now that I work 1 min away from one of their restaurants, I go there once every week at least. It's a must. I just love the different choices of salad, my favourites being israeli couscous, pad thai and winter mingle. They just have the best salads ever. I also love their lasagnes. And any curry dishes they have. My non veg friends also go there and love their food!

Pros: Delicious food, Great variety, Good value for money

Perfect for uni - Edit

As a hungry Uni student this place is a godsend! Fantastic selection of vegan and vegetarian food!
Had a medium bowl full of raw / mixed salad and lasted me two meals! Love how they use very environmentally friendly bio pack takeaway containers!

Pros: Great for summer / winter, Good prices , Awesome location

Great lunch spot downtown - Edit

This is just the place for a quick bite in the city center. Food is mostly vegan. I got a box of three choices—the date & lentil dahl, the beet & carrot salad, and the potato salad—for $12.60, which was very reasonable, especially at the current exchange rate to the dollar. Everything was good, fresh and healthy tasting. The dining area is clean and spacious with plenty of seating. I just found the pricing system a little confusing. The hot meals were priced at $11.60, which appeared to me they were independent from the salad bar. But in reality you can order them as one of your salad box choices. Just a minor issue in the grand scheme of things.

Pros: good food, location, inexpensive

Cons: confusing system

Good place for cheap lunch - Edit

If you go to their website and/or subscribe to their email, you may find discounts that you can print out and take along. These discounts can make the lunch very cheap, between $6 and $7 for a meal that normally costs around $11.50.

Lots of vegan options.

Pros: Cheap-ish, Hearty meals

Cons: Can get repetitive for regular visits

A second revive, same as Lorne St - Edit

I have written my comments in the Revive Lorne St review. Wyndham St, however, is a bit smaller and does not have as big a selection as Lorne St.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday September 16, 2014

Pros: Central location, Wide selection, hot and cold, Reasonable price

Awesome (Still - in 2013) - Edit

All I can say is thank God for Revive! The Auckland scene has been dying for a place of this calibre, and finally it's here! Great salads, juices and mains. Can't go wrong here!!!
Updated from previous review on Saturday December 30, 2006

Been back many times and still very good. Wouldn't say you "can't go wrong", as I find some of their dishes better than others, but still there is plenty for vegans here and it's still mostly yummy. So happy it's in Auckland. Fair value also. Not cheap but you get plenty.

Pros: Options, Labelling, Good food.

Love it - Edit

I discovered this place many moons ago when visiting Auckland. Now I've moved here and love being able to come to Revive for a great meal in the city! Pity I don't live in the city and they are closed on Weekends. They're open til 8pm though so q few times when venturing out we make a dash for a quick meal. Especially if we've just scored some great vouchers. $6 voucher for a massive plateful of yummy food is a steal! Just bought their recipe book - its a winner.

Pros: 2 locations, generous with vouchers, awesome food

Cons: not open weekends

Healthy, delicious and reliable food - Edit

Although my visit to Auckland was only for a week, I visited this cafe several times. I find that getting delicious, healthy vegan fare that is full of flavour to be difficult whilst travelling, especially when it comes to fresh vegetables. No one knows how to make an appropriate sized meal out of vegetables! This cafe is great because there's a range of foods, from salads to comfort foods, to keep even the most health-conscious vegan happy, without sacraficing on flavour. Perhaps I am boring, but I loved the Thai ginger rice the best. I had it every time I visited, and even tried to replicate it at home. I highly recommend this as a stop whilst walking around the city. It's not a place for fine dining, but it is a place where you will feel revitalised at the end of the meal, and you also won't spend too much money.

Pros: Taste, Health, Price

Cons: Sterile setting, Not a great 'sit down' cafe

Tasty! - Edit

Really like the food, however can get a bit repetitive as seem to repeat the same dishes over and over. However there are some delicious hot pots and everything is really healthy. Great vegan choices.

Pros: Yummy, Healthy, Good price

Cons: Menu a bit repetitive, Shut on weekends

Great lunch option for those who ride the bus! - Edit

With one of the vouchers that crop up regularly on bus tickets, Revive provides a cheap, healthful and yummy veg*n meal. The hot pots tend to taste similar, but are hearty and comforting. Salads vary but are consistently good - the potato ones, israeli couscous and green salads are always yummy. Lorne Street branch has sort of a foodcourt vibe; Fort Street is really nice to sit in. Service is always friendly and helpful.

Pros: Healthy meals, Clean environment, Good selection

Cons: Expensive without vouchers, Closed on weekends

healthy vegan fare - Edit

I had expected Revive to have much more of a cafe atmosphere, but instead it felt more like an upscale Subway, so more suited to takeaways. I ordered the vegan hotpot (a kidney bean potato dish) plus two small salads on the side - a steal at $7.80, due to my $5 discount from the back of an Auckland bus ticket. Everything was pretty tasty but tasted like they should perhaps have been kept cooler.

Pros: Fast, Bus ticket discounts!, Healthy & fresh

Limited vegan options - Edit

Had some kind of chickpea hotpot,it was very good. The vegetarian options looked great so kind of disappointing that they only really had salads for vegans. I'd hope they would explore vegan cooking a bit more.

Pros: clean, efficient

Cons: limited vegan

What an awesome cafe - Edit

Just visited the downtown store of this cafe (they have one up by the library in Lorne St too). Amazing food - super healthy but you would not know it!!!! This one has a nice decor - very cosy, brick wall and wooden floors. Friendly staff too. This time I had the spinach frittata - amazing - especially the apricot sauce on the side. There was a bit of a queue when I got there - however we were served pretty fast.

Pros: Nice decor, Great tasty food, Close to the train station

Cons: I can't make it into the city every day, There was a bit of a queue

Juice and Salad - Edit

Generic juice and salad bar, ideal for the weight conscious who just finished a workout at the gym and wanna keep those pounds off. Nothing special here, nor many vegan options, but a nice tidy pleasant place to sit and enjoy some scrambled tofu and a healthy juice for breakfast. The price may be getting a little high, but the food is fresh and clean tasting. No complaints with the service either.

Pros: Clean, tidy, fresh

Cons: Variety, price

Good food - Edit

I liked the food here quite a bit, but it seemed too high-priced for what I got. Just a slice of quiche, and a carrot salad was NZ$15, about US$10 with nothing to drink. They are making a lot of money at this place! But the food was good and if you want to eat healthy, that's what it costs. Would go back. There's also a new location on Lorne Street.

Pros: Tasty food, Good selection, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Price

revive - Edit

I love this cafe-i joined the mailing list and they are always sending out money off vouchers for the dishes I got a free lunch for my birthday-they have a vegan dish everyday and the food is to die for-healthy, tasty and always leaves you wanting more-staff are friendly and efficient -go there now

Pros: excellent food, healthy, friendly

Luxury food that's healthy - Edit

I was hesitant to eat at Revive after seeing the prices on their menu. Although the ordering system was a bit confusing, and the price was high, i'd go so far as to say the food is the best I've tasted in Auckland. It's fresh, healthy and delicious. I had the sweet potato salad bowl with a mushroom filo pastry. Unfortunately the pastry had egg in and the vegan labeling wasn't very good but the eggs are organic at least. The juice was fantastic and the decor is amazing. If you can afford it definitely give revive a chance. Take a friend. Take 5. It's worth the money.

Pros: Fantastic cooking, Beautiful restaurant, Wide variety

Cons: Expensive, Bad labelling of food

Return to Auckland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Revive Vegetarian Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3820 times since Aug 2007.