CLOSED: Revive Cafe and Whole Farms Market

Contact 559-492-0729

1807 Broadway (at Divisadero), Fresno, California, USA, 93721

Raw food cafe and organic grocery store. Offers primarily raw food with salads, juices, smoothies, raw desserts, a daily cooked soup, and espresso coffee. Changing daily specials are written on the chalkboard menu. Honey is used in a few items. Small and casual with free Wi-Fi. Sells fresh organic produce, which you could order bullk ahead for pickup, range of packaged raw food products (raisins, hemp seeds, spirulina, loose teas, maca powder, nuts, seeds, cacao nibs, spices, coconut oil). The owners maintain a 75-acre farm nearby. Reportedly moved to new location and merged with another restaurant.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by Rosanna

Nice little place - Edit

And I do mean little. The staff are very friendly. The menu changes daily. If you eat in, the server brings three or four already made entrees and explains each one. Then you pick and they dish it up behind the counter. That's really cool because you get to actually see what is going to be brought to your table. This particular cafe doesn't have a proper kitchen, so the food is cooked at their restaurant location on Parkway Dr. (Organic Fresno), and brought over to Revive Cafe. They do make smoothies and I'm going to try one next time I stop in.

Pros: everything organic, vegan, smooties

Cons: no kitchen

A Gem - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow and decided to eat here enroute to San Francisco a few months back. Here's my Revive Cafe review.

It's located in a very quiet part of town, but coming from Los Angeles, all these towns seem quiet... The inside is a very comfortable environment, small and friendly. The owners are a couple who grows organic vegetable and prepare all the food. They welcomed us and fed us well!

My husband and I tried the day's salad, a raw persimmon & nuts pie, and a rawte drink (cacao, almond milk, maple syrup). Everything was delicious and wholesome.

The customers who came in while we were here seemed to be regulars who really enjoy getting their raw food fix as well as getting some fresh organic produce to take home.

Highly recommended when in Fresno or driving thru.

Pros: healthy, delicious, organic, friendly

Soooo yummy and nutritious!!! - Edit

I was very pleasantly surprised by this place. Usually I don't get too excited with raw food restaurants but my husband and I left this one raving about the food and planning our next visit! Everything we ordered was delicious and we ordered 2 different meals, smoothies, and dessert so that we could try as much as possible. The meals had amazing flavor, texture, and color and yet we didn't feel weighed down and overstuffed when we left like you might feel after eating a cooked meal. Portions were generous and we were very satisfied. I also discovered Ta-raw's "cooking" class videos and really enjoyed them and found them informative. She really puts a lot of love and effort into making her food, everything she serves is unique and tasty, can't wait to go back and see what they have on the menu next time! Highly recommend this restaurant, truly a gem of Fresno!

Yummo in my Tummo... - Edit

This has got to be my new fave place to eat. I have not had a bad meal here. There are loads of options to try, sometimes too many which cause me to spend more than the $6 dollars I had planned. :)Everything is so very reasonable, and delicious! Also so very easy on the tummy, and energizing! I just love this place! Recommend calling ahead. This place is getting popular! The Thai salad is amazing! This place "Rawks!!"

Pros: Awesome raw meals, Decadent shakes, Energizing & healing!

Cons: Busy

Yum, Sooo Good - Edit

Frequented this place at least 4 times now with a friend for lunch. The first few times we visited it was pretty empty, but now we're thinking if we want lunch we need to call ahead, because there was actually a line the past 2 times.
The first time I went in they had RAW samosas. I tried their matt burger, also RAW. And more recently an indian curry salad dish. My suggestion is get the MOCHA BLISS, it's RAW as well and oh so yummy for that coffee boost. They have some amazing chocolate covered dessert items, all of which are crazy good.

Pros: Daily menu change-variety, Cold press coffee drinks, Samples

Cons: indian inspired-lots of spice-sometimes , Getting well known and small space, Kind of out there in downtown

Return to Fresno Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Revive Cafe and Whole Farms Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1047 times since Nov 2010.