Reverie Cafe and Bar

Contact 612-353-5252

1931 Nicollet Ave S, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, 55403

Small menu with salads, tempeh, and jackfruit dishes. Selection of beer, wine, and cider. Daily soups and baked goods. Live music and open mic on a regular basis. Free parking in back. Formerly The Nicollet. Reported January 2017 to be 100% vegan and no longer using dairy or honey. Open Mon-Fri 7:00am-10:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Mexican

First Review by EverydayTastiness

One of my favorite spots - Edit

I've been to Reverie several times and always have trouble deciding between the Cubano, the TLT, and the jackfruit tacos. Their Caesar salad is a new fave, especially because of the delicious tempeh. The staff is friendly, and I love that all the food is vegan. And now they're offering baked goods regularly, and are working towards offering breakfast soon!
They often have live music at night, too.

Pros: Delicious food, Laid-back atmosphere, Reasonably priced

AWESOME!!! - Edit

It was my first few hours in Minneapolis after a long/sleepless night/flight from AK, so I must have been a bit dazed (I certainly felt out of it, being up that many hours)...but the staff were totally amazing and helpful.

On tap beer selection is excellent (I got the Schwandtoberfest - well-balanced body and bite). Ordered my first ever Cubano sandwich - vegan or otherwise. The seasoning and toppings were out of this world - marinated red onions that I'd happily eat a plateful of, on their own (but I've been told I'm odd), a cashew-based cheese sauce that was sharp and smooth, not at all gritty...so good. And jackfruit "pulled pork" for the filling - seasoning was spot on - tangy, spicy, savory, and complex.

Food was more than reasonably priced. Atmosphere is comfortable, casual, and pretty user-friendly, as those things go. Great place - you should totally visit!

Pros: Just about everything

Cons: Nothing, really

Good today, maybe great tomorrow - Edit

Reverie is a cool cafe-bar that's evolving toward restauranthood. Half the current menu space is consumed by alcohol, with just a few food options at present . Fortunately, all the food is vegan (though some of the beverages are not).

Looking at the menu, the only dish that appealed to me was the jackfruit carnitas tacos. Thankfully, they did not disappoint. I also grabbed a chocolate chip cookie from the case, and it was quite good.

I'm told the owner plans to roll out a breakfast menu, and eventually more. Surely a more extensive food menu would increase the already promising appeal of the place.

My two suggestions:
1. Rotating daily/weekly specials to test out new dishes.
2. Fresh-squeezed juices would be a huge plus.

Enjoy!

Reverie at Nicollet Surprise for a Meateater - Edit

IN Minneapolis for a long weekend walked away from Museum down Nicollet and found this great place for lunch. Great coffee made me hungry. Had a Cuban sandwich that made this confirmed meat eater forget that this is an all plant food place. Delicious.

Pros: tasty food, modest price, great beer selection

Great space and Food for the Future - Edit

I am visiting from out of town. Walked into Reverie by chance. Very relaxing venue during the day . This is my first time in a restaurant that offers all plant-based foods. I had the tacos(jackfruit) and my friends had cubanos(mock duck, jackfruit) and soup. All unique and delicious!!! Commend chef for putting food choices out there that address environmental and animal industry problems by offering delicious and healthy alternatives!!!!!

will be back for music in evening!

Pros: great space, healthy food, friendly staff

Shows great promise - Edit

This place is a bar with a small menu. They went "plant based" a few weeks ago and are trying out some things to see what works. The people are nice, the food is limited but good, there are lots of beers and drinks to choose from, there's live music at certain times, and they have parking and free wifi. I wish them the best.

delicious vegan options - Edit

I've had a bite of all four of their Feb dishes and they have been fantastic. A great space on the corner of nicollet and franklin. They recently converted to a 100% plant-based menu. There is a small parking lot on the north side of the building. I can't wait until they open up the full menu. Staff is also really friendly and free wifi is fast. grab some food and enjoy some music.

Pros: all vegan food!

Return to Minneapolis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Reverie Cafe and Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.