Retro Bistro Kas

Contact 02428364282

Ibrahim Serin Caddesi, 13/A, Kas, Turkey,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Funky little bistro in the centre of Kas offering a mixture of food with several veggie choices. Different from the usual Turkish food.

Category: Turkish, Non-veg

First Review by kaminoge

Not bad - Edit

This place has a number of vegan/vegetarian options on the menu, and they clearly understand any questions you have about the food.

We tried the soba noodles and the veg. penne. The soba is listed as vegan although the pasta dishes have at least egg in them (home-made pasta), so if you want a vegan option here you can ask them to change it.

The food is quite tasty, and the seats out the back are in a pleasant area. The staff are friendly and helpful.

The prices are a little on the high side for what you get compared to some other places, although the food is quite well prepared.

Pros: Good quality food, Nice place & central location

Cons: A bit pricey, Not a huge amount of veg. options

A great place for veggies in Kas! - Edit

A really great find, I found this restaurant on a few vegetarian blogs and I decided to give it a go.

My girlfriend and I had a really great meal, it's not exactly a veggie restaurant but they had clearly marked vegan options and the quality was very high. we had the vegan pizza and the soba noodles. The staff are very friendly and knowledgeable about veganism, so you feel very at home.

I would recommend this restaurant to any vegetarians/vegans in Kas.

Pros: clearly understood veganism, Delicious food., Not so expensive.

Cons: Not entirely vegan/vegetarian.

A great option in Kas - Edit

We were lucky enough to be there on the day this place opened for the season (so if you're in Kas out of season you'll probably be out of luck). The fact it had a sign advertising vegan options caught our eye.

Both our meals were delicious (one soba noodles and one pasta dish) and we were also impressed with the service. We were asking questions about the mezze dishes and the waitress offered to talk to the chefs about what they could do to make all the options vegan (half were anyway, the other half were only vegetarian). The options they came up with were lovely.

Not all options are vegan/vegetarian but enough are and it makes a great change from the normal Turkish offerings for vegetarians. The dining space is all outside and I imagine it would be lovely on a summer evening (it was still a little cool when we visited).

If you're in Kas I really recommend you give this a try. There are dozens of eating places in Kas but they are mostly selling identical food... something different made a refreshing change.

Pros: Great food., Willingness to alter menu items, Lovely atmosphere

Return to Kas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Retro Bistro Kas closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 468 times since Apr 2015.