First Review by veganperson

Great - Edit

Been twice in 2 years and both times had the best vegan pizza I've ever tasted. Staff helpful and happy to point out what's vegan (or can be) on the menu. Vegan deserts also delicious. Well worth a visit if you're in the area.

Muchas gracias!

Pros: Vegan puddings!, Decent price, Nice and cool to sit in or out.

Cons: -, -, -

Average - Edit

I've been twice to this restaurant and needless to say I'm kinda dissapointed. The first time was fine, I didn't have many issues but it was ridiculously overpriced however the food was quite nice, maybe not quite worth the price but decent. The second time I asked to make the tex mex burrito vegan (so not include the cheese) and low and behold I got given it with cheese and was half way through with a sick stomach before noticing. I got lied to 3 times there was no cheese before it eventually got changed. I was crying in the middle of the restaurant (probably a bit dramatic but it was upsetting at the time) and got no sympathy or anything from the staff or so much an an apology. Honestly, if you're vegan make sure you give everything a good check before eating. Fine if you're just veggie tho.

Pros: Easy to find , Can make most items on the menu vegan

Cons: Overpriced, Not trustworthy

Not many vegan options - Edit

Almost all of the dishes had cheese in them or otherwise were not vegan. Also they didn't have paella on the menu, which would have been nice because there's not many vegetarian restaurants around and local food would have been much appreciated. Although the food was tasty, probably we wont go there any time soon again

Pros: Good location, Fast service, Tasty food

Cons: Not many vegan options, Expensive

But our favourite part was the waiter :) - Edit

I was excited to discover this veg restaurant here in Torrevieja (and had to laugh when I realised that if we had just continued up the street about half a block the night before we would have found it on our own).

I went with my kids (7 & 5) and we started off with the nachos, which were good. For our main course we shared the Waikiki burger and the salad platter. The presentation of all the food was lovely. The salad platter had about 10 different kinds of salads on it, from curried rice to cole slaw; it was excellent. (We ended up taking home about half of it.)
The burger was so-so; I probably wouldn't order it again. The flavour was alright but it was too pasty in texture.
I peeked at the table next to us, and they had ordered the wraps (they have a whole menu section dedicated to their wraps) and they looked great. Next time I will probably go with one of those.

For dessert we had the decidedly non-vegan cheesecake with passion fruit and raspberry sauce... the slice was huge and it was really good.

Our waiter was lovely. He was attentive and friendly and joked with the kids. He was encouraging as I practiced my Spanish and switched to English when needed.

Generally we don't eat out that much, but all in all, if I had friends or family coming to town I would take them here.

Pros: Large portions, Friendly staff

VeganVenturer 30 Jun 2016 - Thanks for the review, will definitely visit this restaurant soon. ;)

Nice fresh food - Edit

This restaurant was a nice surprise! Traveling and dining with a non vegetarian, that who also liked the food very much is always an extra compliment for the restaurant in question I think.

Many of the dishes are presented as vegetarian, but can be served as vegan dish. We agree with the earlier comment that portions are quite big. Keep that in mind when you order.

Service is friendly and quick. Restaurant is clean. The food is nice and fresh.

I'd like to recommencement the fresh juice drinks, I was trying one with beetroot, selery and carrot. It was lovely.

Pros: fresh, clean, customer friendly

Cons: portions are quite big

Delicious, fresh and creative - Edit

Visited this cosy restaurent three times during our one week stay. The menu is very varied. The quality of the food and resturant is in the higer/finer end and all we tasted was really delicious and tasty. Also several of the dishes were different from what we have tried before which was very nice.
Just be aware that they do use eggs in several of the dishes and you have to ask which ones(unfortunate also the burgers..). Many of the dishes have cheese as an ingredient, but mostly you can ask for that dish just without the cheese.

Big meal - Edit

The food was good (7 salads mix, as a starter for two, and tagine for me), but I'm surprised nobody says nothing about the quantity...If you don't want to roll like a ball, I would recommend SHARING! And for pizza lovers, must be said that are thick style, not italian thin base. My mother hated it...She asked for pizza with egg, and was in pieces, afer boiling it...not what you would expect at all...Despite everything, I enjoyed it.

Pros: Flavour, Terrace

Cons: Quantity

Fantastic - Edit

(Visited August 2010)
We stumbled across this place by accident and ended up eating there several times as it was only place to serve vegan food. The waiter we had each time was really friendly and spoke good English and helped us select the vegan options (there was plenty of choice although only one vegan dessert).
The quality of the food was fantastic, one of the best restaurants we've ever eaten at. Beautiful salads full of flavour. The pizzas were great but I'd recommend not going for the tofu topping (they offer this instead of cheese) as there was such a huge amount of tofu it swamped the whole pizza.
We'd love to go again but it's unlikely we'll be in this part of Spain again.

Pros: Really tasty food, Friendly staff, Good vegan selection

treehugger 29 Jul 2012 - What's the vegan dessert? Can you remember?

Nice little restaurant - Edit

I went here twice during my 1 week trip to spain. The lunch sandwich I got was not very good, the second time I had a full dinner and the entree and vegetarian pizza with avocado was very good.

Very nice location in the middle of the city, nice and colorful interior and clean bathrooms.

Note: there are more stuff on the menu than listed on the wall outside the restaurant.

Pros: Good food

Cons: A bit pricy

A great start to the year - Edit

My partner and I had a really good meal here on the 2nd January 2009. We were so excited to find a veggie restaurant and this one certainly didn't let us down. To start, a delicious chickpea and spinach soup warmed us up on that chilly evening. Then we shared two main meals both of which were excellent, we couldn't decide which was best! The pizzas can be made with a thick tofu mixture topping instead of cheese. Under this yummy tofu was a layer of very fresh broccoli, avocado and other vegetable goodies. Our other main meal was the tagine which was delicately fruity and a bit spicy. I couldn't stop saying 'mmm...!'. The only thing was that there weren't any vegan desserts on offer. I do hope that enough vegans go to this restaurant in future that they decide to make some of their tempting desserts vegan-friendly.

Pros: vegan-option pizzas with tofu are great

Cons: no vegan dessert

GREAT Vegetarian Restaurant - Edit

I'm lucky enough to be able to visit this restaurant regularly and I can happily recommend it to anyone. The restaurant is clean and simple, decorated in good taste with vibrant orange and turquoise walls and really nice art. The toilets are immaculate and the staff are all friendly and helpful, but this restaurants best points are definitely the food. All freshly made and every meal simply divine.
The staff speak English so be sure to check with them that you don't eat dairy or eggs and they will oblige. The Ensalada Gringo has to be the BEST Salad I've ever had. ALL the Pizzas come with a Vegan version where Tofu is used instead of cheese.
Overall - a FANTASTIC restaurant but could definitely do with some vegan dessert options - though their fresh juices are lovely - sometimes you just gotta have CAKE!!

Pros: fresh ingredients, friendly staff, quick service

Cons: needs more vegan options

Lovely resaurant with fantastic food - Edit

I visited Restaurante Vegetariano twice and can highly recommend it. There is lots of variety in the menu including beautifully presented salads, delicious fajitas and tofu-topped vegan pizzas. I loved the vibrant colours of the walls and the art they held. The prices were very reasonable and the waiters were fast, friendly and efficient. It has an n-shaped layout which splits the space up nicely and gives diners a choice of two different areas to enjoy the evening. If you visit Torrevieja, you should definitely visit Restaurante Vegetariano for a meal.

Pros: great food and decor, efficient waiters, centrally located

Return to Torrevieja Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Restaurante Vegetariano - temporarily closed closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.