First Review by Sungardener

Beautiful, with room for improvement - Edit

PSI is one of the nicest vegetarian restaurants in Lisbon, for the setting and the food. It is true, however, that the vegan choices are rather limited and having more or less choices will also depend on the daily specials. Worth trying in any case!

Not sure if it's worth it. - Edit

First of all, PSI has the best location in Lisbon. It's situated in a park-type area in what looks like a greenhouse. It's a beautiful place to eat but that might be the only thing PSI has going for it.

The main reason I say this is because the vegan options are severely limited on a fairly extensive vegetarian menu, which doesn't make any sense to me at all as is extremely disappointing to see. Maybe 2 of the 8 or so desserts are vegan and 3 out of the 10 main courses. The special wasn't vegan, either.

The vegan meal I did have was pretty average, which is a shame because it wasn't cheap. Also, the staff took ages to serve us. We saw three tables come and go before we were even asked what we'd like (and we were in the middle table). I think this might have been because the Portuguese speaking waitress was doing most of the work and the English speaking waiter was rarely around, but still. We weren't offered menus either so we had to pick them up ourselves.

I think PSI has great potential, they just need to cater to vegans and give us more options! Especially because some of the meals were like, 'oh, did you have to put cheese in that? That could so easily be made vegan.'

Pros: great location

Cons: not enough vegan options, waited a really long time to be served, expensive for average food

Excellent Setting - Edit

To begin with, the restaurant itself is fairly impressive, being situated in an outdoor glass conservatory with an equally pleasant interior area next to it for times when it gets particularly full. However, food-wise, this was one of those places that doesn't do a lot for me - expensive food for small portions, trading off the idea of being 'cordon bleu'. Consequently, I can only really give it an 'OK' rating - the food was nice enough, but I was left feeling a bit unsatisfied. If you're more of a 'fine dining' kind of person than I am, you might prefer this though...

Disapointment... - Edit

I went there once. The ambiance is great. Beautiful, zen, for sure. But the food was horrible. I had heard many good reviews about it but i hated absolute everything (i tried the dishes from the people going with me).
Also, a bit pricy. For me is this kind of place that takes advantage of the zen vibe to try to upsell ordinary food.

I talked with some friends that went there several times, they say that the problem of the restaurant is that the quality of the food is very inconsistent...is one day it may be great in other day may be not that good.

Most of all, is not the place to go with non-vegetarian people, the dishes are not the attractive type to someone that is not a vegetarian.

Pros: The ambiance

Cons: The food, The price

Good Restaurant - Edit

The place is really beautiful!
I like the food but I really wish they had more vegan options. You can try to ask to change some dishes (ask for dishes without sauce or cheese) but you need to be clear or they would forget (it happened to me a couple of times).
The service is nice and doesn't take long. The price is reasonable.

Nice food nice atmosphere - Edit

The food was great. About 11€ for a main course which makes you nicely full but nothing had to go to waste. It is in a small park and the mane room is like a pavilion in the park.

Excelente - Edit

Comida: o melhor. Adorei em todos os sentidos. Começamos pela sopa de creme de cenoura e quinoa (2,80€). Saborosa, bem passada e no ponto.
Como pratos principais, decidimos ir para os pratos do dia e decidimos muito bem. Eu fui para o seitan de legumes (10,90€) e gostei de tudo. Dose muito bem servida, legumes no ponto e nas proporções adequadas. Adorei o pormenor das sementes de girassol que estavam pelo prato todo e que davam um toque, ainda, mais interessante ao prato. O melhor para mim e que confesso que me surpreendeu foi mesmo o seitan. Estava tão saboroso! Bem preparado, o molho perfeito. Gostei mesmo.
Para a mesa veio também o Caril do Srilanka (10,90€) com lemon grass, cajú, lima kaffir, lentilhas, cogumelos cenoura tudo acompanhado com arroz basmati e uma espécie de pão mini papad. Provei e estava mesmo no ponto. Caril bastante saboroso, no ponto e com um sabor que nunca tinha visto. Ponto de destaque também para as lentilhas que estavam muito saborosas.
O menos bom foi mesmo a sobremesa (mousse do deserto) penso que cerca de 4euros. Não sou apreciadora, mas provei e não fiquei fã.

O espaço: adorei e fiquei rendida. inserido num jardim, aqui está a prova de que um pequeno espaço - quando bem aproveitado - pode ser interessante. O local tem um espaço interior bonito e acolhedor mas o seu ponto forte é mesmo a esplanada. Adorei a esplanada coberta. Adorei a decoração, os pequenos pormenores. Enfim, acho que tudo combina.

Atendimento: rápido, eficiente e prestável. Mesmo com casa cheia, fizemos os pedidos rápidos, fomos atendidos rápidos e a comida chegou rapidamente.

Contas feitas a refeição - já com bebidas incluídas - ficou nos 30 euros. Se recomendo? Sim. Para todos: vegetarianos ou não. É talvez dos melhores vegetarianos a que fui. Gostei, adorei e sei que vou voltar.

Pros: Qualidade, Diversidade, Espaço

Amazing vegetarian restaurant - Edit

We (3 vegetarians and one meat-eater) came across this gem of a restaurant pretty much accidentally because it was the closest vegetarian restaurant to our hotel. We were staying in Lisbon for less than a week but ended up eating dinner here for three consecutive evenings. It was incredibly delicious! We tried everything from starters and main courses to all kinds of deserts and there was not one dish we didn't enjoy. We particularly loved the cheesecake crumble. And there are a variety of freshly squeezed juices that are awesome as well. Furthermore, the staff were very friendly and helpful, even though neither of us spoke a word of Portuguese. It was an amazing experience. If this restaurant were in my home town, I would eat there at least once a week. I cannot recommend it enough!

Pros: friendly staff, great food, fresh juices

Good for vegetarians: bad for vegans. - Edit

Basically it has almost nothing for vegans: unfortunately, they use very cheese and milk.
When I went there I still eat cheese and I can say that for those who are vegetarian, it's a great space with great food. For anyone who is a vegan I don't recommend.

Great Food, Good Choice - Edit

Nice to see the variety on the menu. Had the dish of the day - a chimichanga. Tasty and filling. No alcoholic drinks for sale though. Final bill was about €32 for couvert, 2 mains, 2 desserts, 2 coffees and some water.

Pros: Range Of Food, Quality Of Food, Atmosphere

Cons: No Wine Or Beer

Excellent service and mouthwatering dishes - Edit

In 2013 I stayed in Lisbon for a week. We found this restaurant just by passing by. We ate there 3 times! Not only because of the extremely good food, but also because of the great service and really kind owner of the restaurant. The restaurant is fully vegetarian and they don't serve alcoholic drinks. However, I didn't miss that because they have a great variety in drinks: all sorts of tea and juices. The main courses are all really good and you HAVE to try the chocolate salami as desert. All dishes are really healthy, well except for the deserts, but they're also not that bad for your health - comparing it with the normal desert dishes. Oh, before I forget: it's also pretty cheap.

Pros: healthy, tasty, cheap, good service

Cons: no alcoholic drinks

.... - Edit

Não fui lá muitas vezes mas lembro-me que adorei uns hambúrgeres de feijão da primeira vez que lá fui. Acho que a comida não é muito saudável pois fazem muitas vezes coisas fritas. O preço também não é muito acessível. Contudo, tem um bom ambiente, calmo e oriental. Atrevam-se a experimentar!

Pros: Boa comida , Ambiente, Simpatia do atendimento

Cons: Preço , Não muito saudável

An Island in the City - Edit

Set in a fairly bustling part of the city at the back of a tranquil green area with trees and grass. From the street you probably wouldn't even realise it was there. To be honest we were disappointed. After trying to come here in Feb 2010 to find it closed the anticipation of coming back in Aug 2012 was short lived. Very poor and expensive limited lunch menu with only salad as a vegan option and a pretty shameful evening menu consisting of the usual burgers and various side dishes. Maybe I'd give it a chance for a night time meal purely because of the lovely setting and rustic interior but would never return for lunch. I will retain an open mind on this one. It's also worth checking if they serve alcohol for that special evening dining experience.

Pros: location, premises

Had a nice lunch there - Edit

Nice place in a garden. Their menu is not big and the food was average/good. Service was excellent and its a nice cute ambiance. Only vegetarian option. They have seitan, lentils (side), veggie burger, salads..

Pros: decoration, service, food was good

Cons: small menu

Mediocre - Edit

This restaurant was a disappointment. Although it was nice to sit outside and enjoy live piano, that was about the best of it. My partner had seen thali listed on the website, but that was scored through on the menu. We both ordered stuffed rotis - his was better than mine. I had the 'vegetable' filling, which turned out to be mostly peas. There were a few other items, all of which appeared to be fresh out of a freezer bag. Frankly, it was not something a restaurant should be serving. I had lentils on the side, and they were pretty good, but that was only a small consolation. My partner's aubergine filling was quite good, which made mine rather perplexing.
Generally speaking, there was no indication on the menu what was vegan versus vegetarian, and only one of the desserts didn't have dairy in it. I would certainly not go back.

Pros: Pleasant outdoor setting

Cons: Food did not seem fresh, Unfriendly service

Indian food dressed up - Edit

We headed here based on high ratings. Admittedly the veggie scene in Lisbon is bland, so yes this is a front runner.

But once again the price was too high for what you get. The smallest bottles of drink ever to begin with. The bread with cereals is, well seeded bread. The stuffed roti is not quite as it should be but I suspect it passes for an Indian sandwich.

The location is nice but doubt we'd go back.

Pros: Location

Cons: Price, Taste

Very atmospheric - Edit

Nicely decorated restaurant with outdoors seating in a beautiful little garden. The food is delicious (with quite a few Indian items) and the prices are very accessible.

Pros: Delicious food, nice setting

Veggie in the Garden... - Edit

Had a nice thali. Good service. Nice atmosphere in the garden. Would be great in the sunshine I'm sure.

Pros: Good fresh food, Good portions, Reasonable Prices

Return to Lisbon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has PSI closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5440 times since Aug 2007.