PSI

+351-213590573

Alameda Stú António dos Capuchos, Lisboa, Lisbon, Portugal

Restaurante vegetariano offering a mixed Asian and international veggie food variety. Open Mon-Sat 12:30pm-3:30pm, Mon-Sat 7:30pm-10:30pm. Closed Sunday.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Take-out, Asian

First Review by Sungardener

Great food, exotic touch - Edit

The restaurant is located at a small public garden. You can sit outside or in their round, glass room (overlooking the garden).

We ordered soups and two daily specials: a Korean Tofu Bowl and an Ayurvedic Salad. Both were very good and the portions generous. The vegan pannacotta was also tasty.

Staff was fine.

Good price-quality ratio!

Pros: Great food, Price-quality, Location

Amazing food, a bit expensive and not-so-nice staff - Edit

Psi offers many vegan options and the food is beautifully cooked and presented. I think they could serve slightly bigger portions. Staff is quick but not so nice and sometimes they don't know what are some ingredients on the menu (which isn't very nice when you're paying a bit more than normal restaurants). Location is quite nice, next to a small garden. I recommend sitting in the terrace. I ordered hummus as starters and green curry as main dish - it was super tasty!

Pros: Tasty vegan food

Cons: Staff needs to be nicer and study the menu

Food is OK, staff needs training - Edit

High prices for the size and quality of the portions, although it has nice fusion cooking. The staff also could be better prepared to handle with customers questions.

Updated from previous review on 2017-03-14

Pros: fusion cook

Cons: staff needs training, over priced, small portions

A special place - Edit

This is a very peaceful and romantic place. I normally go there on special occasions. The setting is wonderful and the food is really good.
The amount of vegan options varies depending on the seasonal menus. But there's still a lot to chose from. And the portions are usually big, with salad.
Service is ok. May take longer on busier hours but nothing special.
They have all sorts of delicious infusions and juices too.

Pros: tasty food, great ambiance

Cons: a bit pricy

Good food and cozy place - Edit

This restaurant is a must visit. I think this was the 1st vegetarian restaurant I went. Always loved the food, looks really good, tastes even better. Not cheap (for us locals) but for the quality of the food its ok.

delicious! - Edit

The food, setting, and staff were great. I loved especially the starters. I really enjoyed my dinner here and, by the looks of it, many others did too so definitely make a reservation before going!

romantic vegetarian restaurant - Edit

Quiet and very romantic setting :)
Has a car park 50m from the restaurant, which comes very handy!

Pros: quiet, romantic , nice staff

Cons: not many vegan options

Very good! - Edit

This is a great vegetarian restaurant in a pavilion in a little park/garden. It is very popular and as we had no reservation we had to wait for a table – booking recommended.

As others have pointed out, the majority of dishes are not vegan. But the menu offers so many dishes, that there is still plenty to choose from! Most of the daily specials were vegan (you have to inquire, not clearly marked). The prices are “normal” for Lisbon, about 11 € for a main dish that is creatively put together with many different components on your plate.

The food tastes very good, at least our two main dishes were really excellent. Most dishes are Asian-inspired. If the menu says that a meal is spicy – it isn’t really, it is just that most people in Portugal don’t eat spicy at all. Sadly, the chocolate mousse was disappointing, therefore only 4 stars.

Note: At PSI, they don’t offer alcoholic or soft drinks, just juices, water, infusions…

Pros: Very good food, Nice ambience

Amazing place - Edit

I love this place. The food is absolutely fantastic. They have seasonal and daily offers in addition to the usual menu. I had a super good filled mini pumpkin with lentils and millet along with delicious side dishes. The flavors are new and interesting, ingredients high-quality. Atmosphere is very sweet and relaxing, location is great.

Pros: delicious food, plenty of vegan options, nice atmosphere

Cons: a bit pricy

Restaurante Vegetariano Psi - Edit

We enjoyed eating outside in late October. We are vegans in our 60's. This is the oldest Vegetarian Restaurant in Lisbon. It is located in a park past Capuchos Hospital. People in the area know where it is, if you get a bit lost. All the vegan dishes are clearly marked and there are a lot of them. I had tofu, broccoli and mango in a peanut sauce. The dishes come with salad and rice. My husband had the Goa curry. Both were excellent. Dessert was mango mouse topped with mango sauce...I could have taken a bath in it! YUM. Worth the trip to get there...we walked from the main tourist area about 20 minutes.
We will be going again. Reservations are recommended for the weekends.

Pros: varied menu, Vegan options clearly marked

Cons: a bit hard to find the first time but worth going

Beautiful, with room for improvement - Edit

PSI is one of the nicest vegetarian restaurants in Lisbon, for the setting and the food. It is true, however, that the vegan choices are rather limited and having more or less choices will also depend on the daily specials. Worth trying in any case!

Not sure if it's worth it. - Edit

First of all, PSI has the best location in Lisbon. It's situated in a park-type area in what looks like a greenhouse. It's a beautiful place to eat but that might be the only thing PSI has going for it.

The main reason I say this is because the vegan options are severely limited on a fairly extensive vegetarian menu, which doesn't make any sense to me at all as is extremely disappointing to see. Maybe 2 of the 8 or so desserts are vegan and 3 out of the 10 main courses. The special wasn't vegan, either.

The vegan meal I did have was pretty average, which is a shame because it wasn't cheap. Also, the staff took ages to serve us. We saw three tables come and go before we were even asked what we'd like (and we were in the middle table). I think this might have been because the Portuguese speaking waitress was doing most of the work and the English speaking waiter was rarely around, but still. We weren't offered menus either so we had to pick them up ourselves.

I think PSI has great potential, they just need to cater to vegans and give us more options! Especially because some of the meals were like, 'oh, did you have to put cheese in that? That could so easily be made vegan.'

Pros: great location

Cons: not enough vegan options, waited a really long time to be served, expensive for average food

Excellent Setting - Edit

To begin with, the restaurant itself is fairly impressive, being situated in an outdoor glass conservatory with an equally pleasant interior area next to it for times when it gets particularly full. However, food-wise, this was one of those places that doesn't do a lot for me - expensive food for small portions, trading off the idea of being 'cordon bleu'. Consequently, I can only really give it an 'OK' rating - the food was nice enough, but I was left feeling a bit unsatisfied. If you're more of a 'fine dining' kind of person than I am, you might prefer this though...

Disapointment... - Edit

I went there once. The ambiance is great. Beautiful, zen, for sure. But the food was horrible. I had heard many good reviews about it but i hated absolute everything (i tried the dishes from the people going with me).
Also, a bit pricy. For me is this kind of place that takes advantage of the zen vibe to try to upsell ordinary food.

I talked with some friends that went there several times, they say that the problem of the restaurant is that the quality of the food is very inconsistent...is one day it may be great in other day may be not that good.

Most of all, is not the place to go with non-vegetarian people, the dishes are not the attractive type to someone that is not a vegetarian.

Pros: The ambiance

Cons: The food, The price

Good Restaurant - Edit

The place is really beautiful!
I like the food but I really wish they had more vegan options. You can try to ask to change some dishes (ask for dishes without sauce or cheese) but you need to be clear or they would forget (it happened to me a couple of times).
The service is nice and doesn't take long. The price is reasonable.

Nice food nice atmosphere - Edit

The food was great. About 11€ for a main course which makes you nicely full but nothing had to go to waste. It is in a small park and the mane room is like a pavilion in the park.

nur vom Feinsten - Edit

auf keinen Fall verpassen, wenn man in Lissabon ist.

Pros: freundlich , lecker , schönes Lokal

Cons: eher etwas teuer für Portugal

Excelente - Edit

Comida: o melhor. Adorei em todos os sentidos. Começamos pela sopa de creme de cenoura e quinoa (2,80€). Saborosa, bem passada e no ponto.
Como pratos principais, decidimos ir para os pratos do dia e decidimos muito bem. Eu fui para o seitan de legumes (10,90€) e gostei de tudo. Dose muito bem servida, legumes no ponto e nas proporções adequadas. Adorei o pormenor das sementes de girassol que estavam pelo prato todo e que davam um toque, ainda, mais interessante ao prato. O melhor para mim e que confesso que me surpreendeu foi mesmo o seitan. Estava tão saboroso! Bem preparado, o molho perfeito. Gostei mesmo.
Para a mesa veio também o Caril do Srilanka (10,90€) com lemon grass, cajú, lima kaffir, lentilhas, cogumelos cenoura tudo acompanhado com arroz basmati e uma espécie de pão mini papad. Provei e estava mesmo no ponto. Caril bastante saboroso, no ponto e com um sabor que nunca tinha visto. Ponto de destaque também para as lentilhas que estavam muito saborosas.
O menos bom foi mesmo a sobremesa (mousse do deserto) penso que cerca de 4euros. Não sou apreciadora, mas provei e não fiquei fã.

O espaço: adorei e fiquei rendida. inserido num jardim, aqui está a prova de que um pequeno espaço - quando bem aproveitado - pode ser interessante. O local tem um espaço interior bonito e acolhedor mas o seu ponto forte é mesmo a esplanada. Adorei a esplanada coberta. Adorei a decoração, os pequenos pormenores. Enfim, acho que tudo combina.

Atendimento: rápido, eficiente e prestável. Mesmo com casa cheia, fizemos os pedidos rápidos, fomos atendidos rápidos e a comida chegou rapidamente.

Contas feitas a refeição - já com bebidas incluídas - ficou nos 30 euros. Se recomendo? Sim. Para todos: vegetarianos ou não. É talvez dos melhores vegetarianos a que fui. Gostei, adorei e sei que vou voltar.

Pros: Qualidade, Diversidade, Espaço

Return to Lisbon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has PSI closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.