First Review by Veggie_chik

Glad it was there - Edit

There's nothing else vegetarian in this area, and I was hungry, so it was just the right thing. The pre-cooked food is displayed behind glass and you can get combo plates of 2 or 3 items. Everything was fresh and good.

Pros: quick, convenient, inexpensive

Cons: arroz naturel is not exactly brown rice

Good food, good location, good price - Edit

This place was good for a lot of different reasons. They don't have haute cuisine for pennies, but it's a great value.

First of all, I like the concept of the buffet where you can see the food you're ordering. This really helps when you're in a foreign country. Even if you don't speak Spanish, you can simply point to what you want.

The price is only 7 soles, as of October 2014. For that price, you choose 4 items in the display which they put on a plate, and that includes a glass that you fill with either sweetened or unsweetened tea.

The flavors were good on the 4 items I ordered. The only thing I didn't like is that the food wasn't very warm.

The location is good if you are in the historic center of Lima, where a lot of tourists go.

All in all, a very good value in this part of town.

Pros: Price, Location, Buffet style

Cons: Serving temp not hot enough for me

Great wholesome lunch - Edit

Easy to find off Plaza San Martin. Had a lunch buffet. It was good and basic. Food was tasty. Served warm found out out that they will heat with microwave. Had 4 portions for 7 sol and a Chinese tea. Also then had a piece of Chocolate cake lovely. Staff smiled and were friendly.Place was nice and busy.

Pros: Good food, Good value, Good basic

Food so so, service terrible - Edit

After finding this restaurant on Happy Cow decided to go there for lunch. There were three of us, we were on vacation. We started off with some juices that were good, but could have been better if cold. One person ordered the hamburgesa, which was okay but salty. The other person had the broccoli battered in egg dish, he said it was delicious. I ordered a plato economica, arroz jardinero con platano (rice with veggies and bananas). One person got his meal, but it took almost 20 minutes for the next dish to come out. They ate when they got their dish so the food wouldn't get cold. They had both finished and I still hadn't received my food. The waitress never checked in on us, so I finlly got her attention and ask about my food. She said they had run out of that dish. When asked why she didn't bother to tell us, she said she just found out, 40 minutes after we ordered. She was unapologetic. Fed up, but hungry I ordered the arroz chauffa without egg. It tasted fine, but the bad experience ruined the whole meal for me.

Pros: cheap-ish $2-3 per meal, close to tourists sights, food decent

Cons: terrible service, unfriendly staff

Return to Lima Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Afinidad Maravillosa Restaurante Vegetariano closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1568 times since Nov 2010.