Orange

Contact 213424873

Rua da Esperanca 33, Lisbon, Portugal, 1200-425

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vegetarian items include couscous, soja, pasta. Full menu for approx 10 to 14€ including "all you can drink" sangria, etc. Frequented by young people and students living in the area. Tue-Sun 7:00pm-11:00pm

Category: Western, Beer/Wine, Portuguese, Non-veg

First Review by veggie coeliac

Nothing special - Edit

I went here with some non-veggie friends so that everyone would be happy with the choices on the menu. We paid 10 euros a head for a main course and unlimited sangria. It was fine and we enjoyed the sangria but the food was a little boring and basically seemed like re-heated canteen food. It came out very quickly. My veggie meal was a soya steak (obviously shop bought and just heated up) with cream sauce and rice and chips. Basic fast food really. The service was good and our waitress was really friendly but for the price and quality there are plenty of better (veggie) places to go in Lisbon.

Pros: Meat and Veggie options, Unlimited Sangria

Cons: Not much choice, Not great quality food

Rua de San Pedro de Alcantara - Edit

We went to the other branch near the Museu de Sao Roque. Had passed it a few times and walked across town one day to see if it was the same as the one we had read about. It was so we chose this one.

The charming English speaking hostess/manager/owner opened the place early as she saw us looking at the menu. It was a set menu of about 8 options for 9 euros with free drinks.

The veg options were soya steak in a cream sauce (omitted for the vegan in our group) which came with fries, rice and salad and I think the other option was veg fusilli. At the time I did not know how amenable the lady was so did not ask for a gluten free option for myself but I am now confident she would have put together some veg with my rice and chips.
Nice food and the San Gria kept coming! Our meat eater friends got their first traditional Portugese dishes too so all were pleased.
LOVED the Creme Caramel and the Chocolate mousse (extra 2 euros ) and they brought some sliced fruit out for the vegan too.
Probably not enough variety to go back again in one week but the easiest to find, most friendly, tasty and the cheapest meal and drinks we had on our trip

Pros: Friendly Staff, Good Value, Unlimited San Gria

Cons: not a great variety for vegans

Return to Lisbon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Orange closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2872 times since Feb 2010.