Restaurante Mezze

C/ Molino del Viento 9, Fuengirola, Spain, 29640

A restaurant serving creative mainly vegan food. At mid day there are several set menus to choose from and for dinner a mezze selection. Located behind the Eco Parque. Focuses on the slow food philosophy. Open Mon-Sat 1:00pm-4:00pm, Thu-Sat 8:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Organic, Take-out, European, Fusion, Spanish

First Review by ClareMacro

Fantastic! Don't miss! - Edit

Went here by chance as it was one of the only vegi/vegan places open at this time of day & was absolutely blown away! Fantastic healthy fresh large mezze plate with dessert & tea/coffee for around €10 - haven't had a meal this delicious in a long long time.
Do go check out if you're in Fuengirola or anywhere on the Costa del Sol - it's worth it!

So So good! Don't miss out! - Edit

*Warning* long review so if you can't read it all know its alllllll gooood!

Me (vegan) and my omni partner came here after seeing it on happy cow. There was just the owner there. We sat outside and he explained the set up where he cooks and you help yourself to tea and coffee or drinks out of the fridge..this was a first for me but I imagine when it's busier the B&B vibe would be really lovely and social.

When the food came we were blown away! (my partner is use to by default eating 80% vegan so knows good vegan food too). The plate consisted of three salads..one warm, two cold all fresh seasonal organic produce he buys daily (making the menu changable) falafel..two homemade dips- a peanut type sauce and a salsa, warm white and purple potatoes and a bowl of gazpacho. It was all so tasty, filling yet light and healthy at the same time. Really can't fault a thing. To top it off for us was a choice of dessert either a (still warm) almond chocolate brownie or a coconut pana cota. Both to die for.

The owner was friendly and obviously passionate he explained he used vegetarian in the name even though his menu is always vegan when needed because he wanted to attract more people in the opening of what is still quite a niche in Spain but he understands after chatting how (like it almost did with me) it can put vegans off but please don't be it is so good!

He clearly understands flavours and the balances of sweet, acid & salt in his meals. I gave him some tips on Instagram as it's become such a great medium for vegan/veggie world and he kindly gave me the rough recipe of his brownie! (something I've struggled to get right since going vegan).

Make sure you check this place out! Do ittttt!

Pros: Fresh organic seasonal vegetables. Tasty. Freshly

Excellent price quality - Edit

I had the lovely lunch menu. Tasty yellow dhal lentil with 3 variations of rice brown, red and white. A nice fresh ananas chutney with egg corn peas frittata. Included in price for a bit less than 10.00 EUR lovely tea and coffee as well as succulent chocolate banana brownie and all of this gluten free. I couldn't ask for more.

Best Vegetarian Meal Ever? - Edit

A 15 Minute walk from Fuengirola train station.
Just up from the old bullring is this gem of a restaurant.

I have been coming to Fuengirola for many years now and the options for veggies fine dining out are limited so when my wife told me she had found two new places I was keen to try them out.

We first tried the 'Libelula' which was very nice but was totally eclipsed by 'Mezze' when the food arrived we both said 'WOW'
10/10 for presentation and quality of ingredients.
This is modern vegetarian food.
The number of flavours from the strawberry Gazpacho to the vegan alioli are fabulous.

Go there and be delighted.

Pros: Superb Food, Excellent Value, Very friendly staff

Cons: Don't be surprised if its not open exactly on time, Not open on Sunday

Very good platter of food - Edit

Ate lovely food. Varied platter. Freshly cooked and good price. Sat outside under cover, but was also a very nice inside area.
Highly recommended
reasonable price.

Pros: Great food, Excellent service, Good price

Tasty & fun! - Edit

Being veggie/ vegan is Spain is difficult but to my delight I found " Mezze" which has really tasty & enjoyable food, a great atmosphere, & a quick & friendly service. And for anyone macro ( like me!!!) there is even kukicha tea!!
I can highly recommend this place!

Pros: Good value for money, Organic veggies & gluten free, Place very clean.

Cons: At night there is a meat / fish option , Desserts sometimes have sugar/ honey

Return to Fuengirola Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Restaurante Mezze closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.