Restaurante Delicia

Sabana Sur. 25m South from AMPM, right behind AMPM (at Avenida 12), San Jose, Costa Rica, 10108

Simple Asian restaurant offering buffet est. 2009. Alternative phone number: +506 8510-1822. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-7:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Buffet, Juice bar, Take-out, Asian

First Review by Longina

Friendly service near park - Edit

We went there at 4 on Saturday and it appears we missed the main meal time. The woman working there didn't speak English so I couldn't find out the hours they normally operate. She was very very friendly and made us up two plates of food. It included a cabbage dish, a tofu dish a faux meat dish and a potato dish. She microwaved it to warm it up.

We also had two smoothies for only 1000 colones each which they made from fresh fruit as we watched.

It was good but not great. Perhaps if we went back at the main hot buffet time we would have liked it more.

The location was a bit sketchy and the atmosphere not terribly welcoming.

Pros: Friendly service, Huge servings for price

Cons: Atmosphere bit sketchy

Good food at fair price - Edit

Delicias is a no frills taiwanese veggie place. Food is buffet style and varies depending on the day. You get your choice of 4 items from a choice of about 12 or so. The installations are pretty bare bones. There is indoor and outdoor seating. The staff is very friendly. The food is very tasty and the portions are very generous. I've been twice and was super full by the end. They also have bubble tea and different natural fruit drinks that are made on the spot. All really refreshing and I like that they are super sugary. You can actually taste the ingredients.

The price point is good, especially for an area of town where it can get pricey to get veggie fare.

My coworkers and I go at least once every 2 weeks now since the value is pretty great.

Pros: Big portions, Good Value, Friendly Staff

Cons: Very basic installations

Return to San Jose Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Restaurante Delicia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.