Restaurant Pekin

20, rue de Russie, Nice, France, 06000

This long-established Asian food restaurant converted to being fully vegetarian in 2017. Most dishes are vegan, a few contain egg and are marked as such. Has all-you-can-eat option. Close to the train station. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-2:00pm, Mon-Sat 6:00pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Buffet, Take-out, Asian

First Review by MichaelDiRamos

Authentic Beijing taste.. Spring Rolls very Authentic - Edit

Simple, honest not flashy, or well presented but surprisingly good.

Excellent food, great host! - Edit

We saw this in Happy cow the other day so we went there for dinner. It was rather non-descript so I had my doubts in the beginning.

But the hostess looked so eager to serve us so we obliged. And we were so happy that we did!

The food was very good, fresh ingredients and cooked so well. We enjoyed the fresh spring rolls, the fried rolls, the noodles, the noodle soup - everything was superb.

The only thing we didn't like about the place was the white lights (makes the food look pale) but everything else was good.

Don't be put off by the looks. This is genuine, honest to goodness vegetarian food. We're coming back before we leave Nice!

Pros: Good value for money, Excellent hostess, Really delicious food

Cons: White lights - so unflattering to the food

A very pleasant surprise - Edit

We went here because it was the closest to our hotel. When we arrived the owner was so friendly telling us how the buffet works. Fist we started with appetizers of fried dimsum (which they cooked and served hot) and sushi. The sauce of soy sauce, ginger and sesame oil was delicious. The fresh spring rolls were so good I had 3! Then she asked us what kind of soup and noodles and vegetables for our soup which was served piping hot. Then we had stir fried vegetable noodles with our choice of vegetables and noodles again served freshly cooked! Then we had dessert from the dessert bar and she included ice cream cake from the kitchen! Love this place. I hope more vegetarians will come here. We will be back!

Pros: Friendly owner, great food!

Cons: Family owned kind of restaurant so not so elegant

Return to Nice Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Restaurant Pekin closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.