Rescue Dogs - Food Cart

Contact 289-990-4834

201 St. Paul St, St Catharines, Ontario, Canada, l2R3M6

A vegan hot dog & street food cart that is mobile across southern Ontario. Operates at markets and events, and is stationed most days in downtown St. Catharines. Serves hand rolled hot dogs with option of house-made nacho cheese, tvp sloppy Janes, and tempeh BLT sandwiches. Open Wed 11:00am-3:00pm, Thu-Fri 11:00am-6:00pm, Sat 10:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Catering, Take-out only

First Review by HollyMilfhouseRogers

Great option if you crave hotdogs! - Edit

I came across their food stall at the annual Veg Fest event in Toronto. They had about 5 hotdog options. While it was tasty and smelled delicious, paying $9 was a bit too high for a hotdog. Would stop by here next time I'm driving through St. Catherines!

Pros: Non dairy options

Cons: Pricey! Basic hotdog went for $6!

jwhitmare 17 Sep 2016 - for context: Their Rescue Dog / Philly were both huge and fairly priced at $9 when you consider they donate to animal rescues and include tax on every order. As well, the basic hot dog was $5.

not to be missed - Edit

We drove to St Catharines to go to rescue dogs while visiting Niagara Falls. It was totally worth the drive. Not only did the owner make us delicious hot dogs, he also had vegan dog treats for my pup. He also recommended other vegan restaurants for us to visit while in Canada.

Best Street Not-Meat Ever! - Edit

KW is responsible for THE best new vegan start-up. Besides regularly driving from Toronto to St.Catharine's for his cooking, I'm excited to hire him to do some private catering. Great dude, great food, and a great cause.
Updated from previous review on Monday January 11, 2016

Pros: Delicious, Affordable, Fun

Cons: They can't be delivered to me daily

Great tasting vegan street food - Edit

I have had the protein dog, and the rescue dog so far. Both were delicious. I did find them a bit spicy, fine by me but if you don't like a lot of spice, it might be too much.

I'm really excited to have this truck in downtown St. Catharines, and look forward to seeing them at festivals and markets once the warm weather comes back!

Best Veg dogs - Edit

I had the rescue dog. The veggie dog was full of flavour, the best I ever had. The cheesy sloppy joe topping was a fun addition. They were pretty quick even though the place was packed. Plus, a portion of all their sales goes to local animal shelters. I will definitely be back.

Pros: Great Food, Not too expensive, friendly staff

Cons: Now I keep craving more

Delicious! - Edit

I tried the Jane Doe and the Protein Hot Dog and they were both delicious. The Jane Doe was my favourite and my friend loved the Protein Hot Dog! We already plan to come back for more soon!

Pros: Delicious vegan food, The buns tasted extremely fresh, Friendly staff

The Hexwich Haunts My Dreams! - Edit

The food was so amazing that I've been thinking about it ever since. We had a Plain Jane, a Hexwich, and two Vics. The service was prompt and friendly, despite the huge crowds on opening night. I will make Resuce Dogs part of my Saturday routine, and would recommend them to anyone including omnivores.

Pros: Quality , Friendly service , Timely orders

Cons: I can't hire them to cook for me at home

Return to St Catharines Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rescue Dogs - Food Cart closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.