República Empanada

• ( 5 reviews )

204 E 1st Ave, Mesa, Arizona, USA, 85210

Serves meat, vegan options available. Empanada restaurant offering vegan empanadas, salad, sides and a labeled vegan platter. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm. Closed Sun.

Categories: Lacto, Take-out, Caribbean, Latin, Non-veg

First Review by Megandewar15

CarlGregory

Points +16

04 Oct 2021

The owner threw dead meat on my table and laughed!

We have supported this business for years particularly through the pandemic we eat here at least three times a week and have brought many patrons. We will never frequent this location again. The male owner is a patriarchal [censored] and unless he is removed I would not support him. I was literally sitting at my table he knows we are vegan he carried a huge slab of red Dead flash and slammed it down on my table while he laughed. I have been vegetarian or vegan since 1975 this was very traumatizing for me please tell everyone you know

SteveRice

Points +47

17 Nov 2019

Fantastic find. Plenty of flavor.

The empanadas were delicious, the service was spot on.

Pros: If it was delicious, loved the service., Prices reasonable.

mamimoo

Points +22

29 Sep 2019

Amazing! The food was delicious and the service was so friendly and quick!

My husband and I were in Mesa for a concert and ate here. He’s vegetarian and I’m vegan, we both had empanada platters and were impressed! The flavors were outstanding and the platters was fresh and filling. They have a great dessert and beer selection to boot. 10/10 will eat here again! Would give 5 stars but they do serve meat so the app won’t allow it :(

Pros: Vegan options , Vegetarian options, Delicious!

Erika

Points +1803

18 Sep 2019

Great spot in downtown Mesa

They have a really awesome vegan platter with your choice of empanada (I love the potato achiote), caramelized plantains, rice, beans & avocado. Everything is fresh and flavorful. Prices are decent & they have a good selection of beers.

Megandewar15

Points +362

01 Aug 2019

Delicious

I always get the platter with no cheese/crema. They have 2 vegan empanadas, a veggie/chickpea and a potato. I always get both and that green salsa that comes with is so good! They also have pbj and pb banana empanadas for dessert. They also have a cute patio and serve beer.

Pros: Friendly employees

Return to Mesa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has República Empanada closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.