Republica del Cacao

• Other Other
Contact 2553132

Joaquin Pinto Y Reina Victoria Esquina, Quito, Ecuador,

A modern style chocolate store filled with 100% organic cacao. It offers drinks, cakes and chocolate bars for dine-in or take away. All chocolate drinks contain milk as do most of the cakes. Samples galore. Also operates a small store at the airport. Wi-fi ready.

First Review by Deer Fields

Heavenly chocolate at astronomical prices - Edit

Republican del Cacao is a must-visit for lovers of the bean. There are several vegan dark chocolate varieties, two of which are certified organic. Large bars will set you back $9, but from buying almost directly from the source. Smaller bars are available for less, and there are attractive gift packs.

There are interesting wall displays about the process of making the chocolate, and a nice sitting area.

Pros: Top-notch chocolates

Cons: Top-drawer prices

Vegan chocolate and coffee - Edit

I'm sitting here right now on their wifi. It's a nice cafe to sit in, drink a coffee and get a free sample of dark vegan chocolate. The chocolate is pretty good, a bit expensive, but lots of vegan options.

Drinks don't seem to be that vegan friendly, minus straight up coffee's, tees, and natural fruit juices. Has nice couches and places to plug in....

Republica del Cacao, Quito - Edit

I've just been to this place. It bills itself as a chocolate boutique. From the front it looks just like a coffee shop and offers drinks and cakes. I asked if I get a chocolate drink without milk and was told no. I asked the same about the cakes and was told there was only 1 option. I was told that there are chocolate bars that they sell to take away that are dairy free.

Western prices.

Cons: Limited dairy free options

Republica De Cacao - Edit

What a nice store to stumble up on! We walk in and were greeted with lots of vegan organic chocolates to sample! I was buzzing from all the cacao! We bought a bunch too. Almost all of the chocolates are dark vegan and organic. There are a few chocolates that have milk, and we stayed clear of them. The woman there spoke english and she was friendly and happy to share the ingredients and how each was made. It was a chocolate heaven! They sell sandwiches too, but honestly, I did not pay much attention to them. The saleswoman said there is no meat in the store.

Pros: Yummy!!!!!!!1, Sweet!!!!!!, Wish I had more!

Cons: The price were kinda steep, wish we grew cacao in US!

Return to Quito Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Republica del Cacao closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1081 times since Apr 2011.