Rendez Vous Ristorante

Contact 06-98189957

Via dei Gracchi 19 (at Ottaviano), Rome, Italy,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has a nice selection of clearly labelled vegan dishes, including a bean burger, tofu/veg stir-fry, breakfast, brunch, and desserts. Wi-fi. Call for hours - tell us.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Pizza, International, Italian, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by shapesh1ft

go there if you want to be disappointed - Edit

My girlfriend and I decided to eat breakfast around the Vatican this morning but the places we wanted to eat at were all closed unfortunately. We then decided to eat at rendez vous as there was no other option open in the area, even though we saw the bad ratings. I decided to write a review since the last review is from 8 months ago. So update: this place still sucks to say it politely. Well, we both had the burger and it was a joke. Tasteless, no sauce, a bean burger that tasted nothing with a bit of avocado and red onion. The burger costs 12€ and is not worth it at all. We got a pressed potato that tasted like pressed potato, boring, I don't think that these guys can cook, wondering if they've ever tasted this burger or if they ever heard of spices. But well, at least we aren't hungry anymore :)

Ps: we had a coffee which was instant coffee, so not good either

Pros: nice outside sitting

Cons: everything else :)

You want to avoid this place if you're a vegan - Edit

The menu includes only a few vegetarian meals and just 2 or 3 vegan options. Unfortunately the chef doesn't know how to prepare them. The taste was very poor - salty pasta with vegetables in loads of olive oil. Unfortunately I have to second Misantropia's opinion that the owner just wants to follow the latest trends but without giving it many thoughts. Also the interior of the restaurant is very used and at the time we went there, the ladies restroom was out of order. The only positive experience we had was with the staff, who were professionals.

Pros: Professional staff

Cons: Limited selection of veggie meals, Poor taste of veggie meals, The interior is used

Nice try... - Edit

Absolutely disappointing! I went there with my boyfriend, since we saw that they offer a vegan breakfast menu and it was the worst food choice I made in a long time. I present to you the breakfast menu: a few salad leafs, a slice of avocado, some walnuts on top, all spiced up with dry bread. You get a small bowl of plain cornflakes and a glass of absolutely chemical tasting juice with that. Calling this a vegan breakfast is quite impertinent, the only way to make it worse would be serving a load of hay. I guess the owner heard that there is a vegan trend and wanted to catch up with it, without putting any afford in informing himself.

Great from breakfast to dinner - Edit

We visited Rendez Vous two times. We ate nice vegan breakfasts and later some main courses. The food was good and the service very friendly and empathic. They have vegan options all the way from appetizers to desserts. The vegan ragu pasta and carrot cake were delicious! The prices are very moderate in Roman standards. When we finished dinner, our waitress offered us free limoncello drinks served in frozen glasses! The place is probably pretty new and hasn't yet found it's customers, because it seems a bit quiet. It's pretty near Vatican and still off the most crowded tourist restaurant streets, quite near the Ottaviano (good area for shopping) metro stop. Definately worth the support!

Pros: Many vegan options all the way, Excellent service, Lot of cozy seats inside

Cons: Some dishes perhaps a tiny bit too salty

Return to Rome Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rendez Vous Ristorante closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1439 times since Sep 2014.