CLOSED: Relish India

Contact 02-93104800

460 Cleveland Street, Surry Hills, New South Wales, 2010

Offers Indian food which represent different parts of India - Punjabi, South Indian, Mumbai, and Delhi. A lot of chat snacks and quick dishes as well as traditional Indian ones like dosa, drinks like lassi, and Masla tea and coffee. Food is fresh and not too oily. NOV 2015 REPORTED SHUT BY COW MEMBER. Open Mon-Fri 10:00am-10:00pm, Sat-Sun 9:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by MarkB

Not the best but tasty food - Edit

I think I caught them on a bad day... it was very quiet yet the server went through the vegan options on the menu at the speed of light! (they are not marked) I couldn't really remember which ones but decided on a pancake. No complaints about the food itself, very tasty. Maybe mark the vegan options on the menu to make it easier? Atmosphere a bit lacking so would go here for a quick bite to eat rather than a romantic meal!

Vegan Thali for the win - Edit

Much like all the other reviewers I loved this place. So accommodating and friendly. We asked if they were able to do a vegan Thali for us and they were more than happy to make substitutions and ensure we were well satisfied. Such great value, I cannot rate this place highly enough.

I had a good time - Edit

Very friendly staff, I let the waiter know I was vegan and he showed me the vegan options. I had Tala Pulav (Fried rice) with extra steam rice. I said I was high carb low fat vegan and he brought out the extra rice for me no worries. I've got a video review on youtube, see my profile.

Pros: Good service, Good food, Good times

so many vegan options - Edit

Awesome Indian street food. Owner is extremely nice, went through all the vegan options on the menu with us, which was almost everything. All food is prepared when you order so it's possible to make almost anything on the menu vegan. Food was fresh and delicous! Will deff be attending regularly.

Also very cheap!

Pros: friendly staff, many vegan options, fresh, tasty, and cheap!

Cons: none!

Absolutely delicious - Edit

This is without doubt our favourite Indian restaurant in Sydney. The food is fresh, healthy and delicious. Everything served is vegetarian with lots of vegan options. The owner is in the process of writing a vegan menu so hopefully that will be ready soon. The prices are really reasonable too.

Pros: Delicious, healthy food, Friendly staff, Sparkling clean

Scrumptious - Edit

A change to usual Indian Food available and reasonably priced .Fast service with a smile and served promptly .Uday Kapadia the manager was friendly and courteous .We had the tavapilav ,veg grilled sandwiches and masala chips and all were great .Love the can do attitude of the manager ,he was able to provide for the special needs of my sister who ca not have onions.
looking forward to new dishes to be added to the menu and we will be definatly make this place one of our regular eats. The presentation of food was good .Relish is able to cater from very mild spicy to super hot spicy needs.

Pros: food , variety , taste.

Cons: small place

A Traditional Indian Street Eatery - Edit

It is great to find a restaurant which serves authentic traditional vegetarian Indian street food at an easily-accessible location (immediately opposite the BP service station in Cleveland Street in trendy Surry Hills).

The food is beautifully spiced and certainly not greasy in a clean ambience. Service is fast and friendly with plenty of menu options like dosas, puris, chats and samosas along with a wide range of drinks like lassi and masala chaas.

There are also snacks like grilled sandwiches and potato chips. All the food is priced very reasonably. It is a great place to drop in if you feel like a quick snack or something more substantial.

Pros: Quality food, Good location, Fast and friendly service

Return to Surry Hills Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Relish India closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.