Relish Gourmet Burgers

Contact 506-454-9331

248 King Street, Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada, E3B 1E3

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mostly meat burgers but has a handmade vegan patty made with chickpeas and quinoa. The veg patty is cooked in a frying pan, separately from meat patties. Bun is also vegan. Limited seating, and busy at peak times. Advisable to call ahead to order. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-8:00pm.

Category: Lacto, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Anex

Good Burger Spot - Edit

We headed to Relish on a recent trip to Fredericton. The burgers and sides were great! We did have to modify the toppings (mostly removing the cheese) on the standard menu options but were still happy with our meal. The staff was very accommodating and the atmosphere was neat.

Tasty but Pricey! - Edit

If you want to treat yourself their veggie burger is vegan as long as you tell them to make it vegan. The buns are vegan and so is the patty but the burger toppings aren't automatically vegan so tell the staff and they will take care of you.

Pros: Fresh tasting, Vegan Options, Can eat indoors or out

Cons: Expensive, Must request a vegan burger

A great treat on payday - Edit

While their prices are a little high I am in LOVE with Relish gourmet burgers. I love the atmosphere. They are an energetic staff. If you don't like this aspect there is now a relish gourmet up on prospect that is a "proper" sit down restaurant.

Pros: Atmosphere, Variety of Toppings, Vegan

Cons: Lack of Seating, Prices are a little high

Delicious, Yet Very Overpriced - Edit

Definitely the best veggie burger I've had. The mushroom/chickpea/quinoa patty is amazing and they top it with great fresh toppings.
The servers in the restaurant are very over-the-top and enthusiastic, to the point where it's annoying; they yell out your name when you're order is done and it all feels really awkward. This may not be a big deal to some people and you could always just get it delivered if you don't want to deal with this annoying aspect, but the biggest issue with Relish is the price.
After taxes and a tip, I'd be prepared to spend around $18 per person. I understand that it is gourmet, fresh ingredients but $18 for a burger and fries is outrageous.
I am fine with spending extra to treat yourself or loved ones on occasion, but the atmosphere in the restaurant is on par with Chuck E Cheese, so it's definitely not a good place to relax or go on a date.
If you're looking for an incredible veggie burger and price is no option, then this is for you. However if you are on a budget, I would pass on this.

I have gone to Relish a few times since they opened and I have found that their veggie burgers improve each time. I'm not sure if they tweak the recipe or if they're simply getting better at preparing them. I have heard people say that they tried it when they first opened and didn't care for them, but I would suggest trying it again because they really have improved.

Pros: Amazing burger, Amazing toppings, Great sides

Cons: Very high price, Not healthy, Atmosphere is terrible

One veg option, which didn't make me want to go ba - Edit

I went to Relish as I noticed a veg option advertised outside of their restaurant. I ordered their veg burger, and was disappointed by what I received; a dry, wafer thin veggie burger. I like the decor, but wouldn't go back for their veg burger. I make a better one at home.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Local, not a chain

Cons: Poor veg burger, Waiters yelling when your meal is ready

Return to Fredericton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Relish Gourmet Burgers closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1410 times since May 2010.