Reel Pizza Cinerama

• Veg-friendly
Contact 207-288-3828

33 Kennebec Place, Bar Harbor, Maine, USA, 04609

Serves meat, vegan options available. A two screen movie theater that serves pizza, nachos, and typical theater fair. Has vegan cheese for the pizza and nachos, with tofu as a topping choice, and gluten free crust option. Nutritional yeast and olive oil is available in the theaters to top the popcorn. Uses some local, organic produce.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by cwantumleep

Great for a rainy day - Edit

My husband and I came to Bar Harbor for our honeymoon, but it rained almost everyday. This put a damper on our hiking plans, but we got a tip from locals about Reel Pizza Cinerama. Come an hour before opening, regardless of when you film starts. Grab a seat, then order your pizza. Good thing we listened because the place filled up fast, someone seemed to be having a small birthday party with their friends, and our pizza was done literally as the movie started. The place is pretty low-key, nothing fancy. There is a fun repurposed bingo light up board that lights up when your pizza is ready so it isn't too distracting.

There are lots of great options, some locals beers (some vegan some not) and lots of vegan options for the pizza. We got a cheese-less pizza but I happily sprinkled some nutritional yeast on top, which they provide. They have soy cheese and lots of interesting veggie toppings. I believe they do take out as well, so you don't HAVE to watch a movie for the pizza, which is also rad.

Pros: Great crust, Soy Cheese, Great rainy day activity

Cons: Super popular (hard to get tickets), Limited Film selection

a reel/real fun night - Edit

My wife and I have been visiting Bar Harbor for a number of years - and Reel Pizza is always on our must so list. Whole wheat crust, vegan cheese substitution, fun veggie add ins - what more could one want? Draft beer is also tasty and they generally have fun movie choices at very reasonable prices.

Yum But CALL AHEAD - Edit

The people were nice, the pizza itself was delicious and there were so many options (I got a WW crust with sauce, soy mozzarella, onion, zucchini, roasted red peppers and pineapple, but there were even cooler ones like tofu and peanut sauce!). We waited almost an hour for it though! Definitely call ahead!

great vegan pizza options - Edit

they offer daiya cheese on their pizzas and nachos, and they even have nutritional yeast out in the theater as a popcorn topping! several of their pies can be easily ordered vegan just by selecting daiya, or you can build your own. the pizza movie theater concept is awesome too.

Pros: vegan options are easy to order, vegan popcorn toppings available, comfortable atmosphere

Cons: still a lot of meat and diary, very few kid friendly movies

Year round vegan pizza!! - Edit

Pizza is literally my favorite food in the word and I was so happy to hear when Reel Pizza decided to start offering vegan cheese. Their pizzas are amazing. The ingredients are really fresh, there is an option of white or wheat crust, the topping options are really interesting (like avocado, tofu, summer squash). Sauces can also be swapped out. A favorite custom pizza of mine is bbq sauce with tofu, vegan cheese, and onion. Many of the featured pies are veg and delicious too. The nachos aren't the best. They are slightly stingy with the cheese on them to be honest. I do really enjoy all the topping options for the pizza, popcorn, and nachos though (including nutritional yeast)! They also show great movies and are locally owned so yay for that!

Pros: great crust, diverse toppings, friendly staff

Cons: expensive, nachos, too much meat

Return to Bar Harbor Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Reel Pizza Cinerama closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1286 times since Jul 2012.