Redi-et Ethiopian Cuisine

Serves meat, vegan options available. Ethiopian food restaurant. Menu includes around 10 vegetarian main entrees, a customizable vegetarian platter. Has vegan soup, bread, and salad. Tue-Fri 4:00pm-10:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 1:00pm-9:00pm

Category: Take-out, Ethiopian, African, Non-veg

First Review by Peter Knight

Every Vacation for Years! - Edit

I first discovered Redi-Et about 9 years ago when they were still located in Surfside Beach. I went there for my birthday and loved it! Every time we come back to Myrtle Beach for vacation, it has become tradition to dine here at least once. We have an Ethiopian restaurant in our hometown of Pittsburgh, PA which we love (we had 2 Ethiopian restaurants for a time but are down to one now), but Redi-Et is even better! Best Ethiopian food I have ever had! PS. For those who may not know (which I didn't realize at first), Happy Cow does not allow reviewers to give a restaurant five stars if it serves meat. Although Redi-Et does serve meat, it's vegan dishes are out of this world, and I would certainly give it 5 stars if I could. I have given it the maximum amount of stars that Happy Cow allows (4 stars).

Pros: Delicious, Affordable, Family Friendly

Cons: Seems to be a well-kept secret--wish more people k

Great Food - Edit

My family and I stopped in for dinner. Their vegetarian menu is 100% vegan which was awesome. Their shorba soup and the vegan platter was all great. The service was a little slow but that seemed to be because they had one person working.

Pros: vegetarian menu is 100% vegan , you get to eat with your fingers

Cons: slow service, they do serve meat

Worth visiting - Edit

This place was a nice find. I ordered the miser wat and my husband ordered the kik alicha and shiro. Everything was delicious and filling.

Pros: Fresh, Filling, Whole foods

Cons: Injera wasn't as spongy

New experience - Edit

This is a new experience if you have never dined at an Ethiopian restaurant before. My favorite is injera, a plant-based spongy bread, and they put very "soupy" and "creamy" veggies on it for you to sop up with the bread. It is unique and tasty!

Excellent Food - Edit

My family visited Redi-et while vacationing in Myrtle Beach. The wide variety of vegetarian dishes are strict vegetarian. We loved all of the food we tried- atkilt alicha, misir alicha, gomen, & various appetizers. The bread that was brought out to us before the appetizers reminded me of choerag. The coffee was the best we'd ever had. My 6-year-old daughter thoroughly enjoyed eating without flatware.

Pros: Excellent food, Affordable , Pleasant staff

Cons: Not located back home!

Relieved! - Edit

First of all, let me tell you that there is no standing Ethiopian eatery where we live in Asheville....YET. My wife and I had a chance to go out on a date and thank God for happycow, we found this one. We had been craving Ethiopian food for a very long time. Upon seeing this place, it was a cute little, but comfortable place. It was not set up for us to eat on the floor with our hands, but we liked it nevertheless. The first bread our waitress brought to us was not exciting in the least. I was hungry so I ordered a side of french fries; she laughed at me ;o) When our food came out, my wife and I were overjoyed! The food was the bomb! No forks or spoons needed thank you. She even gave us a side of bread to take home with us. (Don't even bother asking, lol) If I am ever on a family vacay in Myrtle Beach, we know where we are going out to eat.
p.s.: GET THE VEGGIE COMBO (You get 3 choice sampler!)! If you're on a date or with a friend, you get that and have her/him get the yummy spinach dish! Share the love yall.
Peace

Pros: injura, spiniach, everything

Cons: long wait

MMM Good - Edit

This is my Favorite restaurant in the Greand Strand area. The food is fantastic, I have had everything on the vegetarian menu and can not decide what i like best. Redi-et is a must for any vegetarian in the area!!!

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff

Cons: semi-complicated parking

neat place to eat and celebrate - Edit

I spent my birthday there and the owner made all of the food herself and did a really neat presentation. She made really yummy vegan and vegetarian food. She even played happy birthday in her native Ethiopian language. Very fun to try new things and lots of veg stuff :) Plus it was reasonably priced. They do not have a liquor permit, but you can bring your own beer, wine or champagne like we did!

Non Vegetarian

Contributions +4

What a nice suprise! - Edit

My wife and I recently moved to Surfside Beach and were very excited to discover Redi-et at the intersection of Hwy 17 and 544. The menu is extensive and includes a full page of vegetarian options, as well as a number of non-vegetarian dishes. (They also offer subs, for anyone who sadly misses out on the Ethiopian eats.) Our lunch arrived on a large platter and came with "injera," traditional Ethiopian spongy flat bread that you can use to eat the other food. The dishes are delicious, the portions are generous, and the prices are moderate. The owners are very friendly and are eager to satisfy their customers. This is the first and only Ethiopian restaurant in South Carolina. So, if you're like us and appreciate authentic ethnic food, visit Redi-et soon and help spread the word.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, good value

Return to Myrtle Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Redi-et Ethiopian Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3787 times since Apr 2008.