Red Wagon Pizza Company

( 1 review )
612-259-7147

5416 Penn Ave S, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, 55419

Serves meat, vegan options available. Neighborhood pizza restaurant with a few vegan labeled items including a roasted veggie pizza and a roasted vegetable appetizer which is also gluten-free.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Italian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by Dr.G

great neighborhood pizzeria that cares about veg and gluten free - Edit

This is a local pizza place I started frequenting because of their amazing tap list and wine list. This year they have added a vegan pizza and now it’s a place I go to eat too.

As with most neighborhood pizza places they don’t specialize in vegan but they have taken care to make sure there are a couple clearly labeled vegan items on the menu. A bonus- these items aren’t boring cheeseless versions of veg pizzas. They are unique and good.

Their main vegan offerings are a roasted veggie appetizer that I like as a meal. Recently they unveiled their new vegan pizza. It’s really unique- roasted squashes, carrots, eggplant, potatoes and chickpeas with Harrisa sauce. Instead of cheese they created a coconut cream for the top. Sort of an Indian flavor with a Thai flavor too. As I said really unique- they definitely didn’t try to make a boring veg pizza to s**t up the vegans but wanted to impress us. They also have gluten free crust.

I might be overly excited because there is finally vegan pizza in my neighborhood. But this really is delicious. My Omni BF agreed.

Pros: good atmosphere, awesome patio, the BEST tap list

Cons: a little pricey , only one vegan pizza, no vegan cheese (but a good homemade cheese like s

Return to Minneapolis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Red Wagon Pizza Company closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.