CLOSED: Red Velvet Cafe - Fashion Show Mall

702-369-8382

3200 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, 89109

Serves meat, vegan options available. Their second location, situated in the Fashion Show Mall. Offers the same menu with salads, sandwiches, and other lunch items. Most dishes can be ordered vegan with vegan cheese or meats. Prices inexpensive to moderate. Confirmed closed, Jan 2016. Open Mon-Sat 10:30am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Non-veg

First Review by jenpic1

Great and then not so great - Edit

Panini was amazing, one of the waiters there was so nice, that's why I went back. I gave two cakes a try but they use the same base which is pretty thick and not fluffy. I believe they used vegan cream cheese. That topped with frosting can be overwhelming. Definitely share one with someone. :-)

Pros: Lots of vegan options, they can make everything ve

Cons: Cakes all pretty much the same. Wish they would ex

Cakes & coffee - Edit

There are some awesome cakes, specially the mocha one when it is heated up. Coffee was pretty good for America, go there earlier during the day as the options start to run out about 2pm. Staff are great and happy to point out what's vegan/veggie (which is usually a lot).
Top stuff.

Pros: Tasty cakes

Delicious mocha cakes! - Edit

Whilst in Vegas I tried the following cakes:

Mocha
Banana Creme
Raspberry
Chocolate Cookie and Strawberry

All were tasty but the Mocha and Banana ones were incredible!

The cakes are too much to eat in one sitting so either order one to share or do as I did and take the second half away to enjoy later with another cup of tea!

I didn't get a chance to try any of their savoury food but there were some very tasty looking vegan options on the menu!

Pros: Vegan cakes, Large portions

Really nice cafe with plenty of Vegan options - Edit

The best thing about this place is that they will make every dish in the menu Vegan upon request.

Pros: Plenty of Vegan options, All the cakes are vegan, Good service

Cons: They serve animal derived products

favourite! - Edit

One of the best places I've ever been. So many vegan sweets! Try the chocolate chip cookies - they somehow taste so buttery and delicious.

Pros: accomidating, vegan sweets

great! - Edit

I was told everything could be made vegan. My wrap had vegan turkey and vegan cheese. I didn't get around to dessert. :( the wrap was delicious though! The staff was knowledgable about veganism.

Cakes Cakes Cakes - Edit

Want cake? Go here :) Nuff said :)

Try the Red Velvet cake or the mocha chocolate cake, both are delicious. Wish I could try even more.

Pros: Cakes, Cakes, Cakes

Cons: Need more cakes?

Sweet Surprise! - Edit

UPDATE:
Went back June 2015 and tried their vegan Chicken & Brown Rice Wrap, and their vegan tuna. Both were excellent! The vegan tuna is the best that I have ever tasted! Try the tuna with baked tortilla chips. Yum! Can't wait to go back again!

---------------------------------
After days of junking it up w/ fried foods in Sin City, I needed something light and green in my life. I ordered a vegan Buffalo Chicken wrap. The wrap was large (I could only eat 1/2 of it) and it came with a simple green (think super greens) salad with a balsamic dressing. The wrap was mostly shredded lettuce, but it also had a fair share of the soy chicken, and the buffalo sauce was yum! I was good, and it was just what I needed. The next time I'm in Vegas I will go back to try some of their other vegan options.

Now, on to desserts. OMG First of all, there were not just one or two vegan options. There were MANY options for cakes and cookies. I finally settled on three (yes, 3):
1- Hot Fudge Sundae Cake: I don't know if I should say anything, because I don't want to ruin the surprise for anyone. The icings were reminiscent of chocolate and vanilla ice cream, it had a chocolate ganache (the hot fudge), sprinkles, vanilla cake, and a surprise filling inside, which made me want to do back flips. So rich, I could only take 1 bite.

2- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cake: a chocolate cake, chocolate icing, strawberry, a chocolate chip cookie piece on top, and the surprise chocolate chip cookie dough in the middle. SO delicious and very rich; again, I could only eat 1 bite. You could easily split this with 4 people, or have enough to last a few days.

3 - Lemon Raspberry Cream Cake: lemon infused cake and icing with raspberry. The perfect sweet & tart combination.

The cakes were $6.50 each, and very much worth every penny. This place should be a "must do" on every vegan's list, esp those with a sweet tooth.

They have their own little area with sitting just for their customers, and the employees were nice and very helpful.
Updated from previous review on Monday July 07, 2014

Pros: delicious/amazing vegan cakes, many vegan food options, nice/ helpful employees

Mehhhh... - Edit

I really really want to like this place, but I just can't quite get there. Some of their food is pretty good. I wish the fries were done differently, but I like the vegan chicken sandwiches.

Their cake frustrates me! I've had some flavors that I couldn't even eat, and even when they aren't bad...they aren't great. There are wayyy better places in Vegas to get vegan desserts, but if I'm at the mall, I guess I might make a stop here.

Oh, the juice I had was awesome...like, a mixed fruit one or something. Really good.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Some items really good, Good Value

Cons: Lots of unimpressive food

Always a Pleasure! - Edit

This is a solid go to at both the Sahara and Fashion Show Mall locations! Obviously not every vegan dish at a veg restaurant is perfect but there are tons of solid options. Two of my favorites to satisfy my cravings are The Vegan Mac and Cheese and the Vegan Tuna Melt. Not to mention they change their specials monthly and have great bakery selections. ***they also have some the cheapest cakes and pies around the holidays, not like some of the other pricey vegan bakery options in town ***
Find your favorite dishes- don't believe the negativity surrounding this Vegas Original!

Really good! - Edit

Brunch here was amazing. A bit pricey, but worth it. EVERYTHING on the menu can be made vegan. Plenty of breakfast and lunch options to choose from, plus a display case full of wonderful vegan cakes and cookies to choose from. The food was fresh, filling, and delicious. We filled up and got red velvet cookies and a double chocolate cake to go. The cookies were a bit dry, but still good. The cake was heavenly! Loved the cake!

Pros: Everything on menu can be vegan, Lots of vegan goodies, Nice people working there

Cons: A bit pricey

Amazing! - Edit

I have been visiting vegas for about a week now, and hadn't really found any great vegan food up until now. When I visited here, I was blown away. I had the Chocolate Peanut butter Smoothie(vegan version) and a taco salad as well. Both were amazing! Next time if I don't get the same thing, Id probably try the baked (fake) chicken.
Updated from previous review on Sunday September 07, 2014

Pros: Great food, Affordable, Good Service

Perfect for us - Edit

The location worked well for us and the food was very good. They have lots of desserts and lots of menu items. The food comes out quickly enough as well.

Amazing Treats - Edit

What a great discovery when I visited Las Vegas in May. Everything I tried was amazing. I even brought some treats back with me on the plane.

Great Desserts (& Juice) - Edit

While I was not impressed withe the vegan savory food menu (which I did not try), I was very impressed with their huge selection of vega desserts (nearly everything they have) - see picture I uploaded. The cinnamon swirl cake I had was rich & delish! I also enjoyed several green juices on visits to the mall from my nearby hotel.

I went several times around Feb 9 weekend & my rating is based on desserts & Juice only.

Pros: Vegan Desserts, Healthy Juices, Convenient in mall

Cons: Limited vegan savory options, Somewhat pricey

yumm - Edit

Their website was down when i came into town so I wasnt sure what exactly was on the menu but knew they offered vegan fare. Boy do they. Their menu looks very traditional at first glance then you notice will will sub vegan meat/cheese for any dish. Their vegan tuna melt was amazing and stacks up there in flavor town so far as sandwiches I ever eaten goes. Its grilled panini style and is worth navigating through mall traffic if your like me and dont enjoy the mall. I also had a pizza vegan with faux chicken and daiya which was good. Pretty sure it was not gardein variety which was refreshing as vegas seems to have a stockpile of it somewhere. Good luck picking what kind of dessert to get with all the choices of yummy cakes. I had the strawberry and chocolate chip cookie dough cake which had chunks of strawberries in it. Drool. Do yourself a favor though and if you get cake (probably not the cheesecake) get it there rather than take out because they heat it up for you and it gets soo much better if thats possible.

Pros: smiling and happy staff, many vegan options, quick service

Greasy, fattening vegan - Edit

When the Sahara location opened, we went here all the time. The service was lackluster, but the food was pretty good. Then the Strip location opened. The food became greasier and then "cookie-gate" erupted (look it up at Las Vegas Review Journal). They lied about the number of calories and fat grams in their cookies. They sometimes have gluten-free options, sometimes the chef doesn't want to make gluten-free that day...it depends on her mood (says her waitstaff). Ingredients are often left off of items and sometimes they add them (for instance, they will add spinach to a vegetable pizza but leave the artichokes off when the menu says the opposite)- they experiment so much they now have a disclaimer on the menu. What is very sad is not many restaurants offer vegan and gluten-free desserts. However, with inconsistencies, "cookie-gate", and service that has gone down the toilet, it is well worth walking across the street to Wynn or Encore for a good vegan meal!

Pros: Vegan Tuna Salad

Cons: "Cookie-gate", Greasy food, Waitstaff was rude and careless

Great stop if you are in the mall - Edit

We have eaten here twice. Both times the food was good and LOTS of vegan choices. This last time we had a "chicken" and rice wrap that was just amazing. We had pretty bad service our first visit and great service the second visit - really just depends one the waiter you happen to get. Definitely worth a try though for vegans in the mall.

Return to Las Vegas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Red Velvet Cafe - Fashion Show Mall closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.