First Review by Teo

scrumptious cruelty free donuts - Edit

We pick up a new flavored donut every week at the farmers market. They are delicious and I love the creative flavor combos. My favorite was the cute Easter addition where they put a colorful donut hole inside a sugar donut. Too cute! I also love the lavender Vanilla. Yummm

Pros: vegan , local, fresh

Great Donuts - Edit

You wouldn't know these were vegan donuts. Not too sweet either which was nice. The raspberry filling was a bit cornstarch heavy for my tastes. I would love to try these warm. FYI, the donuts were well stocked and even cheaper at Wheatsville than at the trailer. Oh well. The nice thing about the trailer is that you can try BBQ revolution next door.

Homestyle doughnuts - Edit

What vegan with a sweet tooth can pass up fresh doughnuts from a vegan bakery?? Well, if I run across that vegan, and we are in front of some vegan doughnuts from a vegan bakery, more for me!

Although a small operation, the flavors are not small in effect when consuming them with a huge smile and sticky doughnut happy fingers. Although I only tried the Austin Cream Pie, traditional glazed and sugar glazed, I was sold on the first bite… and then kept eating more. These doughnuts are fresh and airy, so they are easy to eat by the duo… which is great, so you can taste more.

The doughnuts also have a homemade flavor to them, in that good, nostalgic, I feel like someone's super-baker mother or grandmother made them.

With retail outlets/ stores that sell their goods and their own little trailer, umm… the only problem is when they run out and/or are closed…. aside from that, heavenly… So good and airy!

Pros: Light and airy, Delicious vegan sweet treat

Cons: Hours/ availability

Vegan Donuts! - Edit

5-Happy Cows (and chickens) just for offering Vegan bakery goods! The donuts were all gone by the time I arrived so, I had "Red Rabbit" Apple Fritter (from Wheatsville) instead. I immediately realized i would need to be planning future early-morning road trips to the various vendors carrying other "Red Rabbit" bakery items - in order to try all.

Pros: Cruelty-free, Vegan, Bakery goods

Cons: extra miles on daily run required, addictive

Return to Austin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Red Rabbit Cooperative Bakery - Food Truck closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1082 times since Apr 2012.