REMOVED: Red Lotus Bakery and Cafe

Contact 718-819-0288

255-07 Northern Blvd, Little Neck, New York, USA, 11362

Serves meat, vegan options available. FEB 2014 reported no longer offering mock meats (removed from menu). Offers Asian inspired hot food, gluten-free baked goods, bubble tea, and soy milk might be available - check ahead. Reportedly no longer offers vegan options.

Category: American, Chinese, Take-out, Asian, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by rmark25

Vegan? - Edit

I went there about a year ago and they had a 'vegan friendly' menu. I asked about their mock meats, I said often they have either egg or dairy. The woman refused to let me see the wrapper to verify it being vegan. I walked out.

large vegan menu - Edit

I was very glad I stumbled upon this place while driving past it on Northern Blvd. What's great is that the menu is almost all vegan, except for maybe a few easily avoidable choices. I had the veggie chicken and bacon wrap. I told them I was vegan and she said they could easily substitute the honey dressing for the ginger. That was definitely a plus, because that means that they know what they are preparing and what vegan means. The vegan baked goods that they are able to prepare are not always on display for immediate purchase, but she assured me that they were available if i call ahead ( retail for vegan items is not as quick and they want to make sure it's as fresh as possible) Check their website for a menu. Luckily they had a slice of chocolate cake when I visited them. Another plus about this place was that they had soy milk for my bubble tea! that alone is a reason to visit. The place was clean and full of light with many choices. It was nice to just eat in and enjoy the food. I had a full conversation with the owner and she told me that she would love to be able to sell more vegan items on a larger scale if there were more of a demand for it. I hope this reveiw encourages people to at least support this type of place that is more likely found in Manhattan.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, friendly staff

Cons: no parking

Has REMOVED: Red Lotus Bakery and Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1021 times since Sep 2010.