Red Koi Thai

+358-503878116

Lönnrotinkatu 27, Helsinki, Finland, 00180

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai and Vietnamese restaurant which has a vegan tasting menu available every day. Some marked vegan dishes on the menu and most things can be made vegan. Vegan options at lunch too. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri 11:00am-11:00pm, Sat 1:00pm-11:00pm, Sun 1:00pm-9:00pm. Lunch Mon-Fri 11am-3pm. Late lunch Mon-Fri 3pm-6pm. All dishes set price.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Thai, Beer/Wine, Asian, Fusion, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by SeitanSeitanSeitan

Communication issues with vegan food - Edit

Trying to order vegan options in English, we were told several times that the "vegetarian tasting menu" (which is a set menu) is vegan, but the noodles had egg in them, so I'm not sure how well they understood what we wanted.

That was the only option that looked vegan off the menu, and it wasn't cheap, but it was enough for two.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, dinner-restaurant., Next to our hotel., Reasonably good food.

Cons: Served egg in a dish we were told was vegan., Expensive., Few vegetarian options off the menu.

Delicious thai food - Edit

We had two vegan starters and two vegan mains and they all were delicious. Especially the vegan starters (barbeque tofu skewers with pineapple & crispy tofu and herbs with lime and chili jam) were really different compared to any other thai I've tried in Helsinki. Fresh and full of flavour. One of my new favourites!

Pros: Vegan tasting menu, Most of the dishes can be made vegan, Friendly staff

Return to Helsinki Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Red Koi Thai closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.