Red Duck

Khoktanod Rd 88/3, Kata Beach, Phuket, Thailand

Serves meat, vegan options available. Traditional Thai food. Has veg menu section with plenty of meals. Reported the owner knows about vegan food and will take time to talk to you. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-9:00pm.

Category: Thai, Non-veg

First Review by VanessaRaab

Friendly Staff, Tasty Food, Vegan Menu - Edit

We stopped here for dinner, in need of a tasty and nourishing meal after a terrible lunch at a different "vegetarian friendly" restaurant on the Main Street near the beach.

When the food arrived, it was exactly what we after - lots of varied vegetables, a good balance of spice and even a nice wine to enjoy.

The service was very good and we got to chatting with Marcello (one of the owners I think) who is vegetarian himself.

The menu has a full vegan section and if asked, apparently much of the rest of the many can be made vegan.

Highly recommended - worth 5 stars however Happy Cow
App prevents me from setting this.

Best vegan food on the island! - Edit

Definitely the best place we have been to so far on our holiday! I had the fresh pineapple curry and my other half had the coconut curry, and we were both really impressed with the taste and presentation. They only use high quality fresh ingredients, nothing frozen! The owner is a top lad who is also vegan. Also there is a separate vegan menu with so many options you are spoilt for choice! Prices are also very good especially considering the quality of the food. We stayed in kata so it was only a couple of minuets away, but we would both more than happily travel to the other side of the island to eat here! They also make a mean cocktail!

Pros: price , cocktails 🙌🏼, Friendly, understanding, helpful staff

Cons: only wish we found it sooner

Must go! - Edit

Really nice and cozy place that has a separate vegan section in the menu and all the staff know what vegan actually means. Owned by an Italian guy who was really sweet and even came to the table to tell me about the menu and reassured me that the food will be 100% vegan. I highly recommend a visit if you're in the area. Can't wait to come back! :)

Redduckrestaurant 11 Apr 2017 - Thanks, we wellcome both vegetarians and vegan friends and as we serve food made on the spot, it's easy for us to respect cistomers diet.
At Red Duck, " nothing with a face on your dish"!
Please come back .
Red Duck

Return to Phuket Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Red Duck closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.