Red Curry Vegan Kitchen

Contact 928-864-6471

8-10 N San Francisco St, Flagstaff, Arizona, USA, 86001

Casual place, opened Jan 2014. Offers Thai and Vietnamese vegan food. Reported pre-made sauces for the rice & noodle dishes contain gluten; a few of the curries can be made gluten-free - ask. Open Mon 11:00am-9:00pm, Wed-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Thai, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by saj3

Delicious dinner - Edit

The place is nice, staff are friendly and food VERY good. We had Tokyo rolls (sushi with a veggies and Veganaise filling topped with quinoa), that were AMAZING. Then we had a super rich dish including a spring roll, a samosa, veggies, rice and salad. So much food, so good and inexpensive! Super recommended'

Pros: great food, inexpensive

Delicious! - Edit

Our airbnb host recommended this place and we were delighted. My omni boyfriend loved it. We ordered two items to share and were more than satisfied with leftovers. Super tasty, laid-back vibe, and friendly staff.

Pros: great food, friendly staff

Authentic Thai, but not very gluten-free friendly - Edit

I was initially very excited to see a new vegan listing for Flagstaff that was vegan and mentioned that most dishes could be made gluten-free. This place has awesome hours too for us late-night diners. I stopped in because I am a pad thai and noodle lover, and usually can get vegan and gluten-free pad thai at many places. None of Red Thai's noodle or rice dishes can be made gluten-free, nor can any of the appetizers accept the kale chips (who wants kale chips at a Thai place? Weird...) because of the sauces they use and like most hardcore Thai chefs, they refuse to modify anything. 5 of the 6 curries can be made gluten-free, but that's it. Though it took me some time to get this answer, because the waitress thought everything except the fried rolls was gluten-free. I learned the hard way and had the pad thai and the pad woon sen. DEFINITELY had wheat, I got quite sick. The waitress later said that she was mistaken, and that there was soy sauce in my dish that contained wheat. But I can say, the noodle dishes were both very delicious and authentic, my only complaint was they needed more vegetables! I wish I didn't have to be gluten-free, because I love me some good Thai food.

Pros: Authentic Thai food, Extended hours, Downtown location

Cons: Not very gluten-free friendly, Gets busy at prime meal times, On-street parking fills up fast

a gem in flagstaff - Edit

My partner and I stopped in on the last day of our road trip, around 4:30pm on a Thursday. Seating was quick but patrons started flowing in as we were dining. It smelled so good! Service was fast and the food was delicious. You can customize most orders in terms of spiciness, what protein (beans, tempeh, steamed or fried tofu, mixed), and omissions. Most of the cooks are Thai and prepare the food very well & proper. I highly recommend the sampler plate, P.E.T, and date bites. I also thought the prices were quite good. The staff is very small but courteous. Would come again!

Pros: good prices, fast seating, yummy food

Cons: bathroom meh

Good quality and fair prices - Edit

The food is of decent quality and the prices are decent too. I love the pad thai!

The seating in the restaurant is uncomfortable - the backs to the benches are too straight. We'd rather get take-out instead of eating in and that's sad.

Pros: Food quality, Prices

Cons: Seating awkward, Servers seem uncomfortable

Black Beans or Red Kidney Beans!? OMG So Cool - Edit

The Flavors of Asia dish that I tried was really good and healthy which is hard to find at a restaurant. The Flavors of Asia came with brown rice, salad, veggie roll, and samosa wonton. I thought that would be a lot of food but the portions were good and I felt like I ate but I didn’t overdo it. I ordered the tofu as my add in but they also offer black beans or red kidney beans which is something I’ve never experienced.

fantastic Thai food! - Edit

Got stranded in flagstaff for a couple of days and was happy to find there were plenty of vegan options around town. Red curry vegan did not disappoint! Had the red curry and the sampler platter. I had it with tofu but they offer several protein options including tempeh. A must try for any vegan in the area!

Little Restaurant with a Big Menu - Edit

You'd need about a month to sample everything on the menu here. This is the first all-vegan Thai restaurant we've eaten in, and what a luxury it was to have so many options to choose from. I ordered the Red Curry while my husband ordered the Mussamun (their spelling) Curry. Both were superb, though we liked the Red Curry better. Members of the staff were friendly and helpful, and the serving size was just right. If we lived here, we'd definitely become regulars. The only downside is difficulty finding parking, but that's true for most downtown Flagstaff restaurants. Or maybe it's actually a plus since it forces you to walk after overstuffing yourself.

Pros: Excellent flavor, Friendly staff, Plentiful options

Cons: No parking lot

great food!! - Edit

Absolutely loved their love and their environment. If in Flagstaff, it's a must try. I highly recommend their sweet and sour a la cartre dish with fried tofu and their wontons. It's delicious!!

Pros: vegan friendly , affordable , Relaxing music

great place, very tasty food - Edit

We ate here 4x during a one-week period, as we liked the food so much, and since it was so affordable. Tried 5 different dishes, none of which disappointed.

Pros: inexpensive, very tasty food, decent vibe

Cons: staff seems a bit rushed

Flagstaff has better! - Edit

We were visiting Flagstaff recently and were excited to see a vegan Thai restaurant was located there. Unfortunately the food was mediocre at best. Sweet was the predominant flavor in nearly every dish and none of the dishes we tried had the complex and balanced flavor profile Thai cooking is known for.

Flagstaff has an abundance of Thai restaurants and we had better veggie dishes at a couple of them.

Great Food - Edit

This seems like a healthier Thai/Vietnamese place compared to other places I've been to, but everything is still wonderful tasting. They use brown rice and have the option of red beans instead of tofu, which really made me happy. I also really like that I got a couple of sides with my entree: a spring roll and wonton. It makes it more fun. The restaurant atmosphere is pretty casual, but they do make an effort to present the food nicely.

Awesomeness place to eat! - Edit

Glad to find out Flagstaff downtown has a vegan restaurant when we came to town on June 18, 2014. We ate sweet and sour with a choice of tofu (which is number 42 on a menu), chocolate cup with almond butter and sushi. They're excellent foods that we finally can enjoy.
For your information, they do accept debit/credit card now.
We will go back again and again.
Updated from previous review on Sunday June 22, 2014

Pros: Good value, Friendly staff, Nice vibe with wonderful atmosphere

Awesome place - Edit

I could only go there once but it will be remembered. Starter was a seaweed+veggie soup. The main dish was vegetables and few pieces of pineapple with some coconut thai curry, served with with whole brown rice. A vegetable roll, cracker, and a sweet source and was also given as a side. Very delicious! I also had two mouth watering chocolate cups with almond butter. Yummm...

Pros: Great food, Nice ambiance, Friendly staff

vegan gem in flagstaff - Edit

This restaurant is vegan and curry lovers heaven! They offer the curry heat on a five star system, and you can choose to have the tofu in your curry steamed or fried. The red coconut curry and homemade lemonade are delicious!

Pros: vegan , vegetarian, spicy curries

Excellent! - Edit

Delicious food, affordable prices, ample portions, friendly staff--this restaurant is excellent. We had an appetizer, soup, the green curry meal, the mussamun curry meal, and a daily special dessert. My husband has very high standards about food and we both agreed it was one of the best vegan meals we've ever had in a restaurant. This is our new favorite restaurant in Northern Arizona. Please support it, so it stays open!

Pros: delicious food, great value, friendly staff

Cons: no outdoor seating

Yummy and cheap! - Edit

This spot is in the 'heart' of downtown Flagstaff...and well worth going to. We had a kale salad that was done well (pumpkin seeds, avocado, etc.). Every dish we ordered I would order again, especially a curry dish with pumpkin. I licked the plates clean! The salad greens were actually green (no iceberg lettuce here). Most dishes had a choice of tofu (tried to find out of non-GMO but waitress didn't know), black beans or kidney beans. And the table next to us had brought their own six-pack of beer (great idea). Just bring cash (no credit cards yet).

Pros: cheap, healthy, lots of vegetables

Cons: no credit cards

Return to Flagstaff Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Red Curry Vegan Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.