Red Chateau

289-302-0321

5815 Main St, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada, L2G 5Z6

Serves meat, vegan options available. Eastern European cuisine with vegan options (mostly labeled) such as vegetarian Hungarian goulash. The owner does all duties so expect to spend some time. Best to reserve ahead.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, European, Hungarian, Non-veg

First Review by slithers

Great food and service - Edit

Very enjoyable meal, and there are vegan options. Owner is very friendly and accommodating. Not cheap, but worth it.

Pros: Fantastic, friendly owner, Excellent food, Awesome, intimate setting

organic garden - Edit

First time officially trying Hungarian/Czech food. Very healthy herb flavors. I had the vegan goulash with Czech dumplings. It was really good. The best part of the meal was the rye sourdough garlic bread. My husband (omnivore) had the smoked dumplings and loved them. Apple struggle was good. The only thing was that the food is very pricy but worth it. The owner/chef is delightful. The place is adorable.

Pros: vegan healthy, options clear, lovely ambiance

Cons: pricy

hidden gem! - Edit

Our taxi driver hadn't heard of this place, but it was fantastic once found. It's a ways off from Clifton Hill (the tourist area), but well-worth the effort. Most (all?) of the veggies & herbs are local & organic (some from owner's garden) & you can taste it.

Most vegan items are clearly marked, but a few non-marked are vegan or can be made so. The owner/cook/waitress is very familiar with "vegan" & can help.

I had the Achocha salad with garlic bread (homemade European-style whole wheat bread) and Vegetarian Hungarian Goulash w/ perfectly roasted potatoes as my entree. The Goulash was extremely flavorful with tons of fresh herbs, one of the best vegan meals I've had (in 20 yrs as vegan). My partner got the Czech Potato Dumplings which were good but not so amazing as the goulash. We both loved our appetizer & our dessert, the Apple strudel.

I'll upload some pictures to this listing.

Pros: Delicious & fresh, Old world charm, Plentiful vegan options

Cons: Small (reservation recommended), Slow/leisurely, limited hours

Return to Niagara Falls Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Red Chateau closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.