Red Brick Pizza - Ventura

805-658-2828

4990 Telephone Rd Ste 100, Ventura, California, USA, 93003

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pizza franchise that uses local produce and bio-degradable paper products, and offers filtered water for guests. Has a separate menu for vegetarian/vegan dishes with vegan cheese option (call to check if in-stock). Lounge features recycled barn wood for table tops and menu boards. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:30pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Italian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by SBG

Tasty pizzas rather fast! - Edit

A special veg friendly menu is available or you can build your own pizza. Gluten-free is also available. And veg selections aren't just limited to pizzas - there is also a tasty chickpea salad I would recommend. Beer and wine also available - not necessarily vegan. You might want to search the internet before you order.

Would love to see an option other than Daiya cheese shreds, but not a major complaint.

Red Brick also has fundraising options and now uses organic ingredients. Bonus!

Pros: Topping options, Price , Taste

Cons: Not completely veg, Loud some nights

Speedy service - Edit

I went to this place because it was heralded as a Friend of Happy Cow, and the reviews were so positive here.
Pros: Got my pizza quickly. Cost $8 for a 2-item build-your-own small pizza with red sauce.
Cons: The crust so well-reviewed on this site did not impress me. Cracker-like, thin. Roasted red peppers were not roasted. A few leaves of artichoke hearts. Daiya cheese, not my favorite vegan cheese (I prefer Follow Your Heart).

Pros: Speedy service, Decent price, Clean

Delicious Pizza - Vegan choices - Edit

I love this place and would give it 5 Happy Cows if it was Veg place..Pizza is fresh, has some organic, GF option, and entirely seperate menu for Vegetarians and Vegans! i saw microbreweries on tap as well as homemade root beer. They use Daiya Cheese and have about 4 Vegan sauces: Chiptole Pesto, Tomato, Bbq sauce, and Garlic and Oil. Place feels clean and kinda cool set up of tables. Family friendly place- noted a lot of kids. The pizza deserves a big thumbs up !

Pros: Veg Menu , GF options and eco friendly, Tasty!

Cons: Not all vegetarian place

Great pizza - Edit

Healthy, wholesome, filling pizza with lots of fresh options. Friendly service. Would rate 4/5. Will definitely return.

Vegan Pizza! - Edit

My family is very excited to have a pizza place in town that offers a vegan cheese option (and gluten-free if needed). And the pizza tastes great too. We've eaten some vegan pizzas that where, well, let's just say interesting! This actually tastes like pizza. The red sauce is amazing, the topping choices are abundant. And the crust tastes pretty good too. It's the only place we can go out for pizza without having to tear the cheese off. However, it's kind of expensive. For the four of us, I think it was well over $40 (for just the pizzas). The other problem is that the crust is super thin (like 1/4" thin) and you just don't get filled. So, the value is a big issue for us. I wish they had a deep dish option for better value. But, it's still nice to have an option!

Pros: Vegan Cheese, Nice variety of toppings, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Crust too thin

great change of pace from typical West Coast pizza joints - Edit

Crust is really good (I've noticed) and being raised in the East Coast...I tend to be particular about my pizza. The crust makes or breaks a pie to me. Great options for veggie pizzas. Never had a bad experience at this particular Red Brick. The gelato is good too...especially the Tiramisu one when they have it.

Pros: variety of veggie pizzas , Consistently Good, fairly priced

Cons: no delivery

One of my favorite Vegan pizzas EVER! - Edit

The Vegan Pizza I had was so good and filling. I customer ordered mine. I had a Gluten Free dough with Vegan Cheese and with all the veggies topped on it. I ordered 2 small size pizzas both of them being the same. The price was still pretty cheap even for 2 pizzas. If your a Vegan hungry for pizzas then this is the place to go. I'll be back for more!

Pros: Price, Vegan friendly, Fast service

Cons: Not enough stores in town

Favorite Pizza! - Edit

I love this pizza place, they have every possible combination, from dairy free cheese to gluten free crust to organic beer. I'm in! My husband and I love eating outside, it's cozy with flower planters and dog friendly. It's casual but high quality food. Last but not least, the staff is awesome, they really go out of their way to make your experience the best.

Pros: excellent food, healthy, friendly staff

Return to Ventura Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Red Brick Pizza - Ventura closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.