Red Bowl Asian Bistro

843-669-6788

2417 David H McLeod Blvd, Florence, South Carolina, USA, 29501

Serves meat, vegan options available. Asian cuisines. Has vegetarian section on menu. Dishes with meat can be swapped for tofu. Has vegetable sushi rolls but check for mayonaise or egg. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Ovo, Thai, Take-out, Asian, Non-veg

First Review by ransomedbyfire

Omni But Yummy - Edit

Drove through Florence on the way from FL to VA, and my omnivorous GF and I enjoyed the build-your-own stir-fry. I ordered it with tofu, broccoli, and teriyaki sauce. The tofu was nice and crispy and the portions were more than we could eat.

Pros: Inexpensive

Cons: Small selection for vegans

Pretty Good for Florence - Edit

I ordered the sesame tofu lunch plate. It was really cheap and quite a bit of food. The spring roll was okay but tasted a little to "planty". The fried rice was average. They did allow me to order it without egg and honored that request. The sesame tofu wasn't as firm as I would have liked it, but it was still pretty good. So far, Red Bowl is one of my two favorite restaurants to go to as a vegan in Florence. I would definitely go there again.

EDIT: We went back today, and I ordered the build your own stir-fry with tofu and no egg. It did not disappoint! And the tofu was much better this time. I had to take a double take because, for a minute, I thought it was pork or chicken. Nope! Just really well-cooked tofu! It was best vegan meal I've had at a restaurant in Florence so far.

Updated from previous review on 2017-11-05

Pros: easy to veganize, generous portions for low prices, awesome tofu stir-fry

Cons: The sesame tofu was too soft, the spring roll was a little too planty tasting

Return to Florence Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Red Bowl Asian Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.