1 Review

First Review by theNumberOfTheBeast

Not Vegan - Edit

Looking for vegan food in KL, I found this counter service cafe in a corporate office park a few miles from center and decided to make a visit. The staff was extremely friendly, and the cafe immaculate. I asked if everything was vegan and was told yes. Then, I was directed to a hot rack of assorted small bites. One was a cabbage filled sticky bun and the other a lentil filled millet pastry. Both of these were delicious covered with a generous (self-serve) helping of garlic chili sauce. Before choosing my entre, I pointed to a picture of an egg on the menu and asked if it were a real egg? The proprietor told me that some people can eat eggs. Confused, I asked for my entree without egg to be safe. I selected the Pan Mee which came out as wide noodles with various veggies and some sort of flour cakes and little crispy bits. As I was eating Pei Pei (the server) came over and made a special effort to inform me the cafe is vegetarian, not vegan. Which I appreciated. However, it stressed me out, wondering if the noodles I was eating contained eggs too. Food was delicious and spicy! However the stress caused me to have immediate indigestion which was unfortunate. Hopefully that’s all it was, and not animal product. This would have been a better experience if the cafe were 100% vegan and I wouldn’t recommend a special trip. If you’re working in the office towers, sure I’d come for lunch, as long as the indigestion wasn’t a regular thing and I wasn’t looking for authentic local food, but rather a polished westernized experience.

Updated from previous review on 2018-01-12

Pros: Friendly, Clean, Delicious

Cons: Not vegan

Return to Kuala Lumpur Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Reborn Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.