Rebel Donuts

• Bakery Bakery
505-293-0553

2435 Wyoming Blvd NE, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA, 87112

This donut shop typically offers 3 vegan donut varieties each day - made in the usual fried donuts method. Be warned that it also makes donut with bacon. Also a shop on Coors Rd. Open Mon-Fri 7:00am-6:00pm, Sat-Sun 7:00am-4:00pm.

First Review by Bourqueee

the best vegan donuts! - Edit

I've had quite a few vegan donuts in my time. I've lived in socal almost my entire life, trying a number of different places that carried donuts, and I've been to the iconic Ronald's donuts in Las Vegas a couple times, but I honestly think these are the best donuts, vegan and non vegan, I've ever had. I've been to both locations although happy cow only shows this one, I've been to the second one twice and this one once. Every time they've had at least 3 vegan donuts, last time they actually had 6 different flavors. Some classic flavors, and some really fun ones. If you ever come across the guava it's a must-have. The shop is cute and always busy. Everyone has been friendly and attentive. Prices are amazing, classic donuts coming out to $1 and fancy $1.60. No extra charge for the vegan ones! They also carry non dairy milks for coffee. I will come here again and again, reliable and so damn good.

Very Good! - Edit

I have mixed feelings about this place. The first time I went (as soon as they opened) they told me they wouldn't have any vegan donuts that day. No reason, they just wouldn't. It was pretty disappointing.

I gave them another shot, and that time they did have some vegan options. Three flavors (chocolate iced, maple, and maybe vanilla iced). I enjoyed my donuts, but they were a little hard around the edges. Maybe they were sitting out for awhile? Still, pretty good.

I wish they were as creative with their vegan offerings as they are with their non-vegan ones. I had a vegan Boston cream donut they sold at a local vegetarian festival and it was amazing! So I know they CAN do it, just wish they would more regularly.

Updated from previous review on Wednesday May 20, 2015

Updated to add: They have really stepped up their game! They now have filled vegan donuts everytime I go in. Boston Cream, coconut filled, jelly...yum! Really excellent, and it has been months since I've gone in and they didn't have vegan options. Huge improvements, and because of that I go much more regularly now. Definitely worth checking out this place!

Updated from previous review on Monday February 22, 2016

Delish - Edit

Real vegan donuts. Yumm. Have been craving these for a long time. They were delicious and the staff was super friendly and treated me very well. Will be back way too soon.

Return to Albuquerque Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rebel Donuts closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.