Real Food Daily

310-289-9910

414 N La Cienega Blvd (at Oakwood), West Hollywood, California, USA, 90048

West Hollywood vegan restaurant serving contemporary vegan-vegetarian cuisine. Weekend brunch. Has other locations in Southern California. Street parking. Open Mon-Thu 11:30am-10:00pm, Fri 11:00am-11:00pm, Sat 10:00am-11:00pm, Sun 10:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, International, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by Meganfrolic

best vegan high class restaurant in West Hollywood - Edit

an extordinary atmosphere. the menu is impeccable. the service at the front bar is incredible and the food is all vegan. how good. they have a taste or sandwiches, a macro bowl, copious amounts to drink. it's one fine placd

Pros: the reuben, the real food burger, the real food meal

a SOLID - Edit

I chowed down on the cashew cheese quesadillas with a nice bean filler. Service was great, and the green juice was super as well.

Delicious bowls - Edit

Good Mexican vegan options. I particularly like the bowls with three, five or more ingredients. Their blackened tempeh, seaweed and soba are particularly good. The walnut lentil paté is a must. The monthly and weekly specials are usually good and very fresh.

fresh and healthy eats - Edit

One of my favorites, RFD has a great option the daily 3 or 4 etc. I love the almond tuna and daily veggies with garlic greens. You feel great and healthy eating it! This is a great spot for fast casual eats.

Amazing food but a bit too oily for my taste - Edit

On our visit to LA we had to check this place, as Chloe Coscarelli recommends it, so we had high expectations, and it delivered :))

The place is really nice and relaxed, service is good and friendly and was happy to get some recommendations.

We ordered the Real Food Burger with house salad with all the toppings (19$) and one of the brunches Sea Cake Benedict(15$).
Both had great presentation,smelled and tasted heavenly.
I think this is a perfect place for omnivores, but to me the food was a bit heavy and oily. Otherwise the place is perfect.

I agree with the previous review, it's more expensive than $$, more like $$+1/2$ :)

Pros: all vegan, fresh, recommended by Chloe

Cons: expensive, food a bit too oily

Food is good, but the prices are way high for $$. - Edit

The Real Food Burger starts at $17.00 and the Burrito meal for a man with an appetite is $16.00 and 2 Mexico City Tacos are $16.00.

The place has cloth table coverings and wine glasses are part of the standard setting, to be removed if the patron's not having any. Yes, not our kind of joint, but the name and food descriptions were enticing. And the $$ symbol on the HappyCow App was misleading. All of our other choices that we've found via HappyCow's app for $$ had entrees that topped out at $14.00.

That meant there were sides and options that would suffice for less. Will have to check the menus for the actual sites before we head out toward a find, next time.

We drove 2 miles in 24 minutes in LA traffic yesterday to find good food to eat. We were all pretty hungry, and so we ATE the hit.

Pros: clean food options

Cons: expensive and beyond a $$ ranking.

Love this place - Edit

You can't really go wrong at RFD. Everything is made well and delicious. Plenty of options if you want a calorie splurge or keep it light. And brunch is always a hit.

Great! - Edit

Like the one in Santa Monica, excellent. Hearty, happy eats you can easily live on. So much yummys to choose from. Creative, tasty and nutritious. Always remember the cornbread and soup and salads. We need one in San Diego where I live now!

RFD has still got it - Edit

It's been at least four years since I ate at RFD and I was not disappointed. The yucca fries with aioli were delicious but the best was the quesadillas. A unique flavor and served with guac and fried plantains.

Best Vegan restaurant in So Cal - Edit

I had the Caribbean Quesadilla. It was absolutley delicious even though it was a bit spicey for my taste(I'm a spicyness lightweight), but still loved it. My partner and I have been coming to RFD for years and have never had a bad meal. The wait staff is always very knowledgable and helpful. Food is very consistant, interesting and tasty. I can't say enough good things about this place and the Santa Monica store as well.

Fantastic - Edit

The food is simply the best vegan in the area. Always very tasty and satisfying. The staff is really nice and helpful. They are kid friendly and accommodating. Great place for Sunday brunch. I highly recommend the French Toast.

Pros: All Vegan, Friendly, Delicious

Cons: Parking

Healthy Food, Yet Generally Bland - Edit

Super-nice staff and helpful with their selections. We have been here a number of times. The burrito is a standout, both in texture and flavor. Other stuff we have had (grain bowls) are healthy, yet super-bland.

Portions are customarily large. When they describe something as being garlicky, it's too mild for us. They need to use more herbs and pump up their sauces and dressings with much more flavor.

the saitan taste like dog food ! - Edit

try the saitan ( dog food ) and let me know if I'm wrong (-;
The rest was ok ..

Old Faithful - Edit

I love RFD! They have been around for a long time and really have stayed faithful to their vision on vegan cuisine. No Gardien 'meat' here. Reccommend the RFD Burger with the works or their tacos! The ambiance is casual but fancier than most vegan joints, especially in the evening with some classy-ish lighting.

I always leave feeling healthy yet full and satisfied.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday October 08, 2013

Pros: Excellent cuisine, Excellent service, Nice lighting

Cons: Wish they had a rewards program of some

Hearty and Healthy - Edit

I have really enjoyed eating at this restaurant a few times... The portions are very generous and the food is very healthy. I like that they include a macrobiotic option. Most places don't bother to consider this option and title it as such... The meals feel more traditional than most other vegan places I go to but it's still great!

Pros: location, service, portions

Cons: i don't crave it like other places, still very good though.

Pretty good indeed - Edit

This place was within walking distance from our hotel; it was a no-brainer for us to come here for dinner after a long day of travel. It was a weekday and was still early, so we had no problems getting seated right away. Our waitress came swiftly after, who was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu.

We ordered two soups (one miso, one mixed vegetable), two mains (the tacos and the rice salad dish), and the chocolate tart for dessert. Everything was good, but both my partner and I were most impressed by the rice salad. It looked boring to me on the menu, so I was well surprised that it came out so nicely. The miso soup was strangely sweet, but my partner liked it. The chocolate tart was my least favorable dish - the taste was fine; it was the texture that was wrong. The filling somehow felt like jello when it should be creamy. It wouldn't stick to the tart shell and would come off in one piece. The $7+ price tag was a bit hefty for such quality and portion (just a minor point in the grand scheme of things).

As a whole, we enjoyed our evening a lot. If there weren't so many places to try out in LA, we would have definitely come back during our trip!

Pros: food, service

Again I love this food - Edit

The food is excellent I love it. And the prices are resonable the staff is great. Would I go back to this place for sure. I love the T.V. Dinner it is the best and there lemonaid and water. It's crowded but, I like to see a busy place. And guess what no MSG yeahh. I called the place and talked to the manager and she was awesome she knew what I was talking about. I am glad she even answered my call right away I wasn't expecting that. Thank you. For a great place to hang out with and do I miss this place too.

Pros: nothing , The food was , was awesome

Cons: Nothing to improve , on.

I loved this place - Edit

I adored this place. I wish they had a Real Food Daily in Sydney! I loved my pizza, so delicious. The drinks were amazing too. Very friendly staff and cute decor. My boyfriend loved his burrito. I would totally recommend this place to anyone. Lots of GF options too.

Pros: DELICIOUS FOOD, friendly staff, loads of choices

Return to West Hollywood Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Real Food Daily closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.