Real Food Daily - Pasadena

626-844-8900

899 E Del Mar Blvd (at corner of Lake), Pasadena, California, USA, 91106

Opened on May 22, 2012, this is part of the Real Food Daily brand with locations in Southern California. All vegan food menu and vegan desserts. Spacious with tables as well as bar seating. Weekend brunch on Sat-Sun available. Open Mon 11:00am-9:00pm, Tue-Fri 11:00am-10:00pm, Sat 10:00am-10:00pm, Sun 10:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Macrobiotic, Juice bar, Take-out, Bakery, Catering

First Review by Ginita

RFD is a great chain - Edit

I tried locations out in SM as well as Beverly Hills and they all seemed very good. The only negative I have is that I hardly ever find myself craving their dishes, however; once I go there I always leave happy lol

Food trumps price - Edit

I came here with my grandma and had one of the best meals! I ordered the green lemonade first and it was perfect! Not too green juice overpowering (not a fan of it where the vegetables are TOO pronounced). She ordered the lasagna with a side Caesar salad. I had that salad also, and the dressing was amazing! Crazy realistic! For my main I had the burger with the bacon and avocado. One of the best vegan burgers I've ever had! The sauce was creamy, the bun was soft, the burger had a nice favor, ad I usually hate tempeh but that bacon was yummy! Our waitress was very attentive and seemed knowledgable about the menu. For dessert we got the carrot cake to go: didn't taste like carrot cake as there weren't many carrots, and more like a gingerbread. Still good! We're also carrot cake snobs! Overall, I'd love to come here again but I think it won't be on the regular as the prices were very high.

Pros: good food, good service

Cons: high prices

Love this place! - Edit

The food here is excellent! The prices are a little high, but it's worth it for the portions and service. If you're too full for dessert, take something to go, you won't regret it!

Pros: All vegan, Varied menu, Large portions

Cons: A little pricey

Incredibly Good! - Edit

I had heard of real food daily, but not sure when or where or from who. I took 3 friends there on a hunch and a little worried because I was the only vegan and didn't want my friends to be disappointed.

WOW! This place was so good! Each of us ordered different entrees. I tried everyone's, and they were great. My friends were also very impressed with the food. The asian entree tasted a little standard (still great!), but everything else had a very high, chef-developed quality to it. We got dessert, which again was delicious.

Service was excellent. Our waiter was really nice and friendly. The food did take a little time, but it was a busy Saturday night, so that's gonna happen.

The environment was great as well. Great design, and clean nice bathrooms if that's something that worries you.

I'm from Santa Barbara, and I'm going to be taking friends down to the closest Real Food Daily to us. Too good to pass up!

Pros: Food is great, Waiter was awesome, Ambiance was excellent

Cons: Forgot my beer at first? Extra 3 min wait

Absolutely Amazing - Edit

Thoroughly impressed with this establishment. Nice outdoor seating area, great customer service and dog friendly!

While traveling through Southern California we stayed in Pasadena two nights. First morning I had the waffle with breakfast potatoes and tempeh bacon. My boyfriend ordered a breakfast burrito with a vegan cashew cheese queso on top. Both dishes were amazing.

We enjoyed our breakfast so much we came back the next day for round two! This time we ordered lunch. I grabbed a bowl of soup and side of corn bread. The soup was awesome but the corn bread was to die for!

We also brought along our family on day two. My boyfriends father ordered the granola cereal and he fell in love. So in love that he ordered 6 of their $12 bags of granola to take home with him along with an address to order more when he runs out.

I highly recommend Real Food Daily. Zero complaints here!

Pros: Large Portions, Organic, Delicious

Real Food Daily Pasadena - Edit

This place is fabulous! It was packed and I can see why. We had a delicious veggie burger and some incredible cherry pie for dessert. It totally rocked with the coconut milk ice-cream! I wish there was one in my neighborhood. I'd be there all the time!

Not-Chos were insanely good!! - Edit

The not-chos left my friend and I speechless. They have got to be one of the tastiest foods I've ever had. The serving was more than enough for the two of us. Actually the entree was tough to finish after getting full on the not-chos. My entree was the lasagna and it was also very good. The lasagna was a bit heavier than I prefer but I had a long active day so didn't mind it. I'll definitely be back here on my next trip to LA.

Pros: omg those Not-chos, pleasant ambience, friendly staff

Cons: none

Delicious food, great service - Edit

I took my mom and my aunt for a birthday lunch. This was their first visit and they absolutely loved it. I was very pleased to see that the portions have increased a little but so have the prices :) I think that the food does deserve the price though because it is very tasty, not greasy and not heavy. I had a piece of coconut cake and a peanut butter pie. The coconut cake was just decadent. Yes, most likely it was fattening but it was a special event. The peanut butter pie was also good but too soft for my taste.
I wanted to buy a whole cake and the manager came to my table to explain to me why I couldn't. She was very nice and offered me another type of cake instead. Our server was very attentive the whole time and had a positive, kind attitude. There was a Hispanic young man serving us water and tending on us as well and he was also very attentive and kind. The food came quickly to our table and it was fresh and hot. I will definitely come back and recommend it to everyone.

Pros: Delicious, large portions, service

Cons: price

great food and atmosphere! - Edit

We had a little trouble finding this place, we drove right past it! This is a very nice restaurant with good atmosphere, nice service and obviously the food is delicious. Our server had great recommendations. I had the lasagna and it was amazing. The appetizer was good, but too pricey for the amount of food. The entrees are good portions, so you really don't need an appetizer. Some of the tables are also pretty close together, so just hope you don't sit next to other loud guests!

Good but expensive - Edit

I have to admit that I go to Real Food Daily very rarely and it's just down the street from me. When it first opened in my area I was really excited to have another vegan restaurant in my city. The food is hit or miss for me. Sometimes I love it and sometimes I think it's ok. One thing is always consistent though, the price. I always walk out of there wondering how the hell I spent so much money when I only went in for lunch. Their drinks are expensive, as in $7 lemonade, so it's easy for things to add up. I'm most impressed by there desserts, which are heavenly. I have got in to the habit of only running in and getting dessert to go. On occasion my work takes us for lunch there and then I'm happy because I'm not the one paying. Their nachos are unreal and some of there sandwiches are very good, like the club. Overall I just always find myself gravitating to their neighboring vegan restaurants, Veggie Grill/Sage/MyVegan. Having said all that, RFD is always packed and since they are fancier than the other vegan restaurants in town, it's a better date night spot.

Pros: best desserts ever, great location, cute restaurant and nice staff

Cons: expensive, the food can be hit or miss

yummy - Edit

Went here while in Pasadena last month. There were 4 of us 2 vegetarian, 1 meat eater and my vegan self. Everybody enjoyed their food including the meat eater. So many delicious options. I had the crispy tacos and they hit the spot. The cornbread was more the texture of a muffin and although it didn't taste like cornbread I'm used to at all, it did taste good. My only reason for taking off 1 star is due to the deserts. We got a slice of pecan pie & a chocolate cupcake. They were ok I guess but no one finished either. As a new vegan I'm not having much luck with deserts. Maybe when I can't remember what they used to taste like. It didn't help that the meat eater is a pastry chef that had spoiled all of us since our college days. I'm not a huge desert person anyway so I would give this place 4.5 stars really.

Pros: organic, vegan, yummy

Love this place! - Edit

I am a natural health specialist and I admit I am a bit of a snob when it comes to good quality food. RFD is one of my favorites, love the food and the staff is awesome. I look forward to every visit!

Pros: great food, friendly staff, nice vibe

Really great food, a bit weak on ambience - Edit

This is an unassuming place from the outside, but the inside tries to be more upscale. Any doubts you may have go away once you see the menu. There are some creative standard options, plus daily/weekly specials that are above and beyond. I started with a watermelon gaspacho, which was a little too sweet for my tastes but well worth the adventure. Then I tried the Argentine BBQ - wonderfully seasoned seitan with a variety of spicy sauces - double yum! There's a case full of deserts to tempt you as well, but I was too full to appreciate them. The wine selection was simple but fulfilling. I would go here any time I'm in the area.

Pros: really delicious food, creative menu options

Cons: outdoor space is noisy

Valentine's Day dinner - Edit

I have been here several times and gave never had s bad meal. This evening my husband and I tried the set menu for Valentine's Day. The ingredients tasted very fresh and the flavor combinations were wonderful. Also, the service was excellent and they never kept us waiting.

Gourmet food at its best! - Edit

Real food daily is gourmet food at its best. The fact that it is also healthy is an added plus. My son who is vegan was visiting from out of town and he suggested we go to RFD for dinner. I love vegetables. I love all the meticulously vegan food he prepares at home and so trusted that his standards for good vegan food were very high! What a wonderful surprise for me! Deliciously good gourmet tasting food that was also healthy! We had the sea cake and maki sushi roll for starters. Then the tortilla soup. For entrees we had the lasagna and quesadillas. If no one had told me this was a vegan, vegetarian restaurant , I would have just said I was tasting very delicious food. I am not a vegan or vegetarian! This is just fabulously delicious food!!!

Updated from previous review on Friday August 22, 2014

Updated from previous review on Friday August 22, 2014

Pros: Delicious, Easy parking, Excellent service

And Great ThanksGiving Food, Too! - Edit

We have been to this location a few times, it's the most convenient of Real Food Daily's locations and parking is easy and free or cheap, depending on time of day.
I had the Thanksgiving Sampler and it is fantastic. Glad to go there this time of year. At other times I sampled more of the menu and everything is always great.

Pros: Great food, Great service

Fit for Non-Vegans - Edit

I took a new (2-day) vegan and picky non-vegan here this week. Rave reviews from everyone! We tried and shared many different things. Amazing mashed potatoes and gravy, which I normally never order (too unhealthy!) Great veggies and sauces too! Desserts were a little too high-fat and not as great as the main meal, which was superb, as was the service. Wish this place was closer (I'd be a regular!)

Pros: Nice restaurant feel, excellent service, Lots of choices

Cons: Pricey, Unhealthy desserts

Pasadena fabulous Vegan resturant - Edit

My wife and I had two meals at this resturant and we very impressed; another fantastic place to eat, with some of the best service we have recieved anywhere. We would eat there almost every day if we could. What more can we say.

Pros: Selection, Service, Location

Return to Pasadena Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Real Food Daily - Pasadena closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.