Real Food Daily - LAX

424-646-5252

1 World Way, LAX, Terminal 4 (at Post-Security, Departure Level - Food Court), Los Angeles, California, USA, 90045

Opened on Dec 4, 2013 at the LAX airport, this is part of the Real Food Daily brand with locations in Southern California. All vegan food menu and vegan desserts. NOTE: One needs a boarding pass to reach it (Post-Security). Confirmed open, Jan 2016, you can access this from T4, T5, and T6 (Tom Bradley). Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-10:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Macrobiotic, Juice bar, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by Troktagon

Cool vegan at the airport! - Edit

Expensive like hell but hey, vegan restaurant at lax airport yay!

Airport saviour - Edit

Ridiculously expensive but provided a good, big, filling meal before a long flight. Though to be honest I would probably pack dinner next time if I were to go on a long flight and be stuck at an airport.

Nice, but likely closing soon! - Edit

I enjoyed the food here a lot and felt lucky to find a vegan restaurant during a transfer at LAX. It is right inside the terminal and you can access it inside security from terminal 4, 5, 6, or the Tom Bradley International Terminal (though it might be a long walk if you have a tight connection).

It was definitely expensive even by airport standards: almost $20 for a sandwich.

Unfortunately, the cashier told me that this location is going out of business (in the next weeks or months), so if you're planning to stop by during a flight connection, please call or ask an airport information booth before being disappointed. The cashier said that there's a chance that the location will continue to sell prepared refrigerated vegan items out of a cooler, but in any case the kitchen will be shut down and turned over to another restaurant.

Pros: Expensive, Likely going out of business

Cons: Tasty food, Amazing to find this inside security at an airport

all vegan at LAX - Edit

I stopped at RFD for two different trips, one from Tom Bradley and the other from the Delta terminal. As the terminals are now linked by tunnel, it was great to be able to grab food from an all vegan restaurant. The location is a bit hidden behind some other restaurants, so be sure to look behind the escalator windows. It's just a quick pick up and go location, so it's not like the other RFD locations. Some food is already in the display section, but if you want it fresh, order at the counter. The menu is more limited, but has the essentials. For one trip, we got the lentil burger and Mexican bowl, both served with a side salad. For the second trip, I got the breakfast sammie on the way out of town and the spicy BLT wrap upon my return. The prices are a bit high, but it's super nice to order from an all vegan place at LAX. Check them out!

Pros: all vegan at LAX, terminal 4 connected to Tom Bradley and terminals

Cons: pricey

FYI: you can't get to terminal 4 from others - Edit

We didn't get to eat here because there's no way to get to terminal four if you're stuck in three or two. We had made plans to eat there but couldn't, a huge disappointment. Fortunately we went to one of the branches in LA, so we got to enjoy the great food.

Tasty wraps, delicious cookies, but quite pricey - Edit

I had a lovely vegan BLT wrap with seitan and tempeh. It was expensive at $11 but that is expected at an airport and it was surprisingly tasty and filling.

Also it is great to see an all vegan cafe in such a busy location!

The peanut butter cookies are so delicious - the texture is crumbly and they melt in the mouth.... mmm...

Pros: All vegan menu, Vegan cookies, Airport location

I wonder what the poor people are doing? - Edit

I have to admit I didn't eat here which is why I gave it 3 stars instead of less...I really wanted to give it 1. I was excited to find a place that had vegan food at LAX while I waited for my flight but I could not bring myself to spend $16 for a burrito! My friend went to a food truck type place next door eat it and her meal was around $10 which is what I expected to pay but seriously $16! That's just stupid!

Pros: vegan

Cons: PRICE!

good - Edit

I love that there is a vegan option at LAX I happened to have my gate right next to it. I bought $48 worth for my flight to Japan and it was pricy but it's an all vegan restaurant in an airport can't get better than that. The spicy bacon wrap was terrible. The chocolate cake was incredible!!!!!!! The southwest salad aka taco salad lol it pretty good. I also had the blueberry muffin which was very good. I wish the spicy bacon wrap was actually spicy, it was flavorless. I'm glad that they have real food daily in the airport but for a college kid it pretty damn pricy! Wish they could somehow change that.

Pros: lots of options , good location , friendly staff

Cons: pricy , pricy , too damn pricy

Awesome vegan food right at the airport! - Edit

We both ordered the tofu wrap which was INCREDIBLE! The marinade on the tofu made it really delicious and it was also a nice lighter meal to eat before the plane. We also shared a peanut butter cookie which was nice and soft and quite big. It broke up a bit so they gave us two!

They also had hummus and veggies, nice little plane snacks and coconut yoghurts which would be perfect.

It is in Terminal 4 post security and we were flying out of Terminal 5, so give yourself plenty of time. Check in to your flight first as you need a boarding pass to go through to the restaurant. Then after you eat, exit the Terminal and go to your gate. The escalator takes you down a level to arrivals so you will need to go up a level to get to the departures lounge where you entered. Get take-away if you run out of time. Service is quick!

Pros: All vegan at the airport!, Great plane food and snacks, Fast service

Cons: Past security check-in

Finally, a plant-based restaurant in an airport! - Edit

Healthy, filling, vegan food available in Terminal 4 of LAX. We had the breakfast burritos, which seemed to be a little too heavy on the tofu, but were still tasty. The peanut butter chocolate chip cookie was healthy (I think oil-free?) and quite good! It's a great vegan place in LAX.

Pros: vegan restaurant in the airport, plant-based / healthy, cookies

Cons: expensive, limited variety

Green Juice at the Los Angeles Airport! Yay! - Edit

I’ve never been so grinning happy to enter airport security. I knew once I was past security, after putting my shoes back on, I would have arrived at Terminal 4 the home of RFD-LAX! Easy to find, next to other concessions with abundant seating available. Clearly marked ORGANIC PLANT BASED CUISINE on the big green sign.
JUICE! I ordered a custom Green Juice, the Pasa Bowl and Country Vegetable Miso Soup. How cool is it to have a fresh juice on or before a flight? That alone is amazing. I was able to eat some food there and take some on the flight. Everything can be taken to go and well packed for your journey. I took a side of rice with me, and I could have even brought a dessert (Carrot Cake, for example).

Updated from previous review on Monday February 09, 2015

Pros: VEGAN AT AIRPORT, JUICE AT AIRPORT, VEGAN DESSERT AT AIRPORT

Decent vegan option for an airport, but EXPENSIVE! - Edit

Being in Los Angeles, and in an airport, you'll pay way more than expected for some vegetables. My Weho bowl consisted of steamed kale, quinoa, tofu, sea vegetables, and some sauce, and cost over $15. The nachos were pretty good, but the cookie tasted like those overly fake NJoy Life no-anything, allergen-free cookies you get at the grocery store. I've had way better vegan cookies other places.

Still, glad to have a vegan option in an airport. It is kind of hidden though as you have to go through either the french restaurant or the burger place to get to it.

Overall, I'd say its comparable to Native Foods in terms of taste and quality. This particular location had a rather limited menu in the airport and I'm sure the full restaurant locations are probably even better.

Pros: Convenient

Cons: Very expensive, Limited menu

Return to Los Angeles Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Real Food Daily - LAX closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.