Rawthentic Eatery

Contact 250-338-0571

407B Fifth Street, Courtenay, British Columbia, Canada, V9N 1J7

Little cafe offering raw food, juices, snacks, and salad bar. Operating since spring 2009. Prior to that at this location was Zen Zero Raw Juice Fountain and Raw Food Oasis. Mon-Fri 8:00am-6:00pm, Sat 10:00am-5:00pm, Sun 11:00am-4:00pm

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Raw, Western, Salad bar, Juice bar, Take-out, Canadian

First Review by dafoea

Good raw food - Edit

Raw vegan café (except cooked rice in some dishes). I had the Glory Bowl ($9.49), a large bowl brimming with green salad on a bed of rice, with red pepper, grated beet and carrot, sesame seeds and a tasty dressing. I took away a Classic Wrap, which provided two lunches later.
Shaw Open WiFi is available at the café.

Pros: fresh food

Imaginative options but not for those in a rush - Edit

This is a regular haunt of mine and I can understand why some passing visitors might feel aggrieved at the service. There seem to be ebbs and flows of business throughout the day and those working there do not seem to get flustered or pick up their pace when it is busy, so you can definitely be left waiting if you arrive at the wrong time. However, recently they have introduced pre-made food options to cater for those in more of a rush and the food is worth the wait if you are able to take the time to relax and enjoy the food when it is ready. Not all the raw food is to my taste but I commend them for their imaginative menu and I really enjoy many of the options. I always feel energized after a pit stop here.

Pros: 100% vegan, downtown, smoothies

Cons: can be slow to get served sometimes

worst customer service ever - Edit

I had heard about this place for a while and was looking forward to going. I came in with a friend and there was nobody at the counter, there was a young man preparing food off to the side but we weren't acknowledged by him at all. Finally I asked if someone could help us, and he said he was the only one there. Later he went to the back and I heard him talking with someone, a little while later another young man came to take our order. I said we want to eat in, he said they close at 6, it was about 5:45. Finally our food came in to go containers and the restaurant closed after we left. The food was ok, but the service was terrible. I like to support raw food restaurants but when the service is so bad I don't see how I can.

Cons: worst customer service

good food, unfriendly staff - Edit

Good foods, and products. however the staff seem to have zero interest in helping anyone unless its someone they know personally.

Pros: good food, supports local

Cons: terrible service, overpriced

Good food! - Edit

A small vegan and raw food eatery. Salads are excellent and everything I have tasted is very good.Haven't a taste for raw and am not in a position to rate that. daily specials are good.

Pros: downtown, good food

Return to Courtenay Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rawthentic Eatery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2273 times since Aug 2007.