CLOSED: Rawsome Living Foods

Contact 250-537-2048

149 Fulford-Ganges Rd Unit 106 (at Lower Ganges Rd), Saltspring Island, British Columbia, Canada, V8K 2T9

All raw and vegan cafe and juice bar located outside the area where the Salt Spring Market is held on Saturdays. Uses local and fresh ingredients. Also offers raw food classes, workshops, and lifestyle coaching. DEC 2013 CONFIRMED SHUT PER ITS FB MESSAGE.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Fusion

First Review by thevegankelly

Nuritious & Delicious - Edit

Not only is the food fresh, live, and nutritious, it is also absolutely delicious. The smoothies were so good that I couldn't NOT order one every time I visited. Unfortunately, that meant I didn't get a chance to try items from the rest of the menu. But who cares? The smoothies were a sure thing every time.

Finally, this review would not be complete without a mention of the owners and employees. The employees whistle while they work which tells me that they are treated well and that there is good energy in my food. And the owners - are always present and offering little extras here and there where they can.

These are good people with big hearts that serve delicious and nutritious food. It just doesn't get better than this.

Yummy goodness - Edit

Salt Spring's best offering for vegan meals. Also a great for tasty treats. Check them out next time you visit the Saturday Market.

Delicious Raw Chocolate Desserts! - Edit

My husband and I were so happy to find Rawsome Living Foods just in time for dessert! Even though they were already closed, the owner was kind enough to let us in and load up on treats. We took our takeaway box to the adjacent park and were amazed at the creaminess and delicate flavors of the chocolate and vanilla fudge. Later, we savoured two little chocolate hearts with creamy centres, and the mocha cheesecake was deliciously divine a day later! They really have something here!

Pros: All Vegan!, Excellent quality, Friendly staff

Wonderful food and people - Edit

We discovered Rawsome Living Foods after two SSI residents recommended it. Having experienced some less-than-stellar (and in one case less-than-palatable) raw cuisine in Vancouver, we were greatly impressed by the flavour and presentation of the food. The juices were also fabulous. We were on the island for four days and eating at Rawsome, or taking something back to our B&B for dinner became our daily routine. The Hawaiian pizza and the ALT were my favourites, along with the beet/yam/apple/ginger juice. My husband loved the red pepper wraps in particular. We are considering moving to SSI and it is comforting to know that good raw cuisine is available.
Updated from previous review on Saturday June 29, 2013

Pros: Excellent quality food, Pleasant venue

Wonderful food made with care - Edit

Pleasant eatery with delicious homemade raw vegan food. Juices, of course, and salads, but also tasty pizzas – I had the Hawaiian one – sandwiches, scrumptious desserts and treats. I took away a brownie and a raw chocolate for later - yum. Also bought a bag of kale chips and a bag of crackers, both really good.
This is a delightful eatery and worthy of support. Well located in the centre of Ganges.

Pros: good food, vegan and raw, good location

Super fresh raw food! - Edit

Amazing raw restaurant right in the centre of Ganges. Exceptional flavours, super fresh food, very helpful staff and chef. You can feel the passion in what they're doing.
Desserts were amazing. We tried the ambrosia fudge and the lime cheesecake, and the tiramisu during our visits. All were great but the lime cheesecake was particularly amazing.
Salad and sandwiches, all organic and raw were a delight.
Great art in the restaurant and all in all a wonderful place to enjoy. Oh and the place is super clean, which is always a bonus...

Pros: Amazing flavours, Great desserts, Very clean and bright

Cons: only a few communal tables

Amazing raw food! - Edit

We were really excited to see Rawsome when we made a recent trip to the Saltspring market. The food was so good, especially the desserts, which were the best raw desserts I've ever had. The pumpkin pie and coconut cream pie were fantastic. They had a thanksgiving meal that was also delicious. The staff were friendly and gave great service. We can't wait to visit again!

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Great atmosphere

Cons: Limited seating inside

Return to Saltspring Island Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Rawsome Living Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.