CLOSED: Rawfoodbaren

Contact 031137383

Prinsgatan 5, Gothenburg, Sweden,

Opened 2012 at Viktoriagatan 18 and move to this bigger space in early-2015. This raw food restaurant offers weekday lunch and Satruday brunch. Serves coffee and tea, fresh juices, smoothies, and raw cake. Confirmed closed, Dec 2015. Open Tue-Thu 11:30am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-10:00pm, Sun 11:30am-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, Juice bar, All Raw, Swedish

First Review by jojune

Nice cosy place - Edit

I think the design of the cafe is incredibly cosy! I would like to hang out there a lot. I ate a nutcake. It was very good! But was too little for me- especially because it costed 49 SEK. Would love to try one of their "real" meals.

Delicious - Edit

I ate lunch here. Enjoyed their detox juice, BBQ Burger & chai-hazelnut pie.

As in all of the Scandinavian counties, organic food costs are high so by default it makes this place expensive. With that said, the price of their detox juice was the over the top: 2/3 of a cup (see pic) for 70 SEK ($8.25 US).
I love juices but would not spend that sort of money again for such a small amount. C'est la vie.

The rest of the meal was DELICIOUS. The BBQ burger had great flavours and was a nice sized portion. Their desert was also super tasty. You could tell the owners treat the preparation like an art.

The staff were friendly and the (new) cafe decor was lovely with indoor and outdoor seating.

Pros: Delicious , Nice atmosphere

Cons: Expensive

Disappointed - Edit

The interior is nice but crowded, nice staff as well.
The carrot cake is good but the dish I took I barely touch it. It was very well presented but the tasty part wasn´t at the rendez-vous !!! And so expensive for a light meal ...

Just wonderful! - Edit

I visited "Rawfoodbaren" together with my aunt who is neither vegan nor raw-foodist and we both just loved the place! I had a (raw) "Thai Curry" and my aunt had marinated portobello filets with parsnip rice, juniper- and cranberries and salad. We both had chocolate cake as dessert. The food was just wonderful and especially my aunt was quite impressed. She couldn't have imagined that raw vegan food can be so delicious! The staff was very friendly and helpful. Really a great place!

Pros: healthy + delicious food, nice staff

Fresh Treat - Edit

Found Rawfoodbaren on Happycow and so pleased I looked for it. The walk there was lovely, through a nice district with other shops and restaurants/pubs. Going in Summer, I was able to take advantage of the outdoor seating but inside was equally nice. The ladies were friendly and spoke very good english. The Thai Curry dish was excellent -- something I definitely want to try at home. Fresh and filling, though I also treated myself to a piece of the chocolate torte. Prices were about what you would expect for a fresh-veggies, smoothie and cafe place -- little on the expensive side but all around fair for what you are getting. They also have a decent assortment of bars and powders for take away if you want healthful snacks. After eating road-food for a few days, this was a great, good-for-me meal, the hardest part was choosing what to have!

Pros: great offerings, friendly (english speaking) staff, yummy taste

Return to Gothenburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Rawfoodbaren closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3060 times since Sep 2012.