First Review by tsproc

Not so good soup but maybe.. - Edit

I ordered the champinion and portabello soup and didn't like it at all, but maybe that's because it was the first raw soup I have tried.
It is centrally located, right next to the Palladium shopping center, but a bit hard to find since you need to go through an inner street to get there. It has both indoor and outdoor seating and the cutest inner garden. There is even a big cushioned swing :) The lady working there was really nice and the prices are very cheap (60Cz for the soup which is less than 2.5€), Although is was a small portion.

Pros: Location, Super cute inner garden, Service

Cons: Small portions

We found it rather average - Edit

The seating area itself is nice, but the food is incredibly bland and lacking in texture and flavor. We had two main dishes and a dessert but couldn't completely finish either one of those. The dessert was very coconut-heavy and the texture just wasn't right. Ok if it's your only choice but wouldn't come here all the way just to eat their food.

YUM! - Edit

I'm moderately enthusiastic about raw food, but I must say their strudel is truly something out of the ordinary! Shame I didn't get round to trying more things from their menu,,,

Delicious food, but a bit too pricy - Edit

The restaurant itself is kind of small and works also as a shop. I had the cheapest thing on the menu, that was there and even that was expensive (considering that they were zoodles with some shredded walnuts). I must admit the food was delicious and the young coconut water as well, but for me it's quite overpriced. Also the staff was a bit too relaxed and careless.

Pros: Delicious food, Nice interior

Cons: Expensive, Careless, slow staff

Good food, subpar service - Edit

The service leaves a bit to be desired. While I understand that raw food can be labor intensive to make, it wasn't actually the food prep time that was the problem. It took a long time for anyone to even acknowledge our presence. Even when the staff realized we were there, it was not always clear that they were keen to have our business.

Overall the food was good, but given the service, I might try out some other raw establishments before coming back here.

Pros: Good food

Cons: Inattentive staff

staff arrogant - Edit

The food is good, but overpriced considering quality and quantity. I have been a few times, but today I had bad experience with the staff, which proved to be arrogant to my surprise. In such a place you expect a friendly and kind attention. I remove it from my list of restaurants.

Pros: good food

Cons: expensive, staff arrogant, uncomfortable chairs and tables

RAW-MAZING! - Edit

Rawcha is brilliant! It serves amazingly delicious raw food that my sister, my friend and I all LOVED! We came back multiple times to enjoy the tasty and healthy food. I especially liked the Raw Noodle dish which was very flavoursome and perfectly rich. My friend ordered the raw burrito/taco dish and was in food heaven.
They also have beautiful raw cheesecakes and treats that every vegan traveller enjoys (filling up on raw vegan treats whist we can!!) and you must try the raw vegan ice-creams called Rawitos - they are healthy and so scrumptious - tasting like magnums! We visited the cafe for these little beauties alone they were so good!
You can also buy snack type things to take away as well as a few other items. Wonderful Cafe, and so highly recommended to visit! Prices as well, even for a budget traveller, are very reasonable!

Pros: Raw, delicious food , Healthy, Well priced

Very nice pasta bolognese - Edit

I tried the zucchini pasta and it was very tasty, good portion as well! I wanted to order a lemonade from the menu, but because of the lack of fresh herbs in winter, they couldn't make it. They offered to make me another lemonade and it was very good! I wished I would have tried the cakes as well, because they looked very good.

Pros: Good food

Top 3 of my favorite cafés in Europe - Edit

I went to Rawcha last week during my stay in Prague. I am a vegan who loves raw-food because it's full of surprises, it always looks and tastes different and also because I am sure I will be able to digest it!
I came here with a non-veg friend, which is pretty much a challenge when it's raw food and he never had it before.
I must say it was indeed the most delicious raw food I had. I have been to London and I live in Berlin so I guess I can say I know a great deal of vegan/raw restaurants. We had the lunch menu which is served until 3pm. A mushroom soup (although it was more like a cream to me). The taste was incredible, too bad I cannot handle raw garlic but I ate it anyway. It was sumptuous, filling, creamy, coconuty... Loved it. The raw pizza was great as well, the portion was perfect perhaps even a bit too much for me. But we still had desserts. The goji/lime cheesecake was decadent but I preferred the raw Apfelstrudel. Amazing. They have lots of great teas too, and I bought a few items from their raw-shop inside the café. All in all a super good and tasty experience, I would gladly come everyday!
The place is quiet, calm, not to big, perfect to enjoy such a great meal. We ate like crazy and still, we only had to pay around 25€... So the pricing is my final go for it!

Pros: amazing food, not pricey, lots of original choices

Cons: only lunch until 3pm, not à la carte

raw in prague - Edit

This place is hard to find. The portions were small but very tasty. The homemade kombucha was awful. tasted like vinegar. The atmosphere was comfortable and the staff friendly. As far as gourmet raw food goes this place was pretty decent.

Pros: yummy

Cons: small portion

great selection of teas and good food - Edit

good food but not to surprise....but still really delicious. great tea selection! its in the basement so a bit dark..

Pros: teas, food

Cons: basement

Such an amazing place! - Edit

Every time I am in Prague I try to visit new raw food place. I found this place here on HappyCow so I wanted to have new raw food experience since I am raw foodist and love to explorw new places. I found this place very quick even though it is small and tucked in a house court. When I came inside I had very good first impression. Very nice,small restaurant with few tables and very kind service. The food was perfect, very delicious, no complaints. There is also large selection of raw food products as well as organic fruit and veggie to shop. I had very pleasant dinner with my friends who are not raw foodists but they had fresh juices. I highly recommend this place!

Raw-curious. - Edit

To put it simply: The location was hard to find, but worth the search, as it was in the back court of a house whose access is easily missed, but which guaranteed a calm dinner. Every vegan has tried Falafel, but a raw falafel... now that's a whole different experience. The one big negative quirk was the behavior of the staff. Even though we arrived well over an hour before closing time, the service seemed stressed and eager to get rid of us, which kind of dimmed the mood; still, dinner was an unforgettable experience, and I would go there again.
Their Cheesecake was legendary.

Pros: Healthy, tasty food, private & peaceful outdoor location

Cons: Slow service, Stressed service, Hard to find

Very good!! (best raw cakes in town!) - Edit

If you travel to Prague, you have to visit this place. Great food and fantastic raw cakes. Very serviceminded staff :)
Updated from previous review on Tuesday November 25, 2014

Updated from previous review on Friday November 28, 2014

Pros: cakes, food, staff

Fresh, healthy, and delicious - Edit

Rawcha is a pleasant oasis of good health and good flavor. The fact that it's all vegan organic is a huge plus, and you can taste the quality of the ingredients in the food.

The menu is similar to many raw restaurants around the world, in that there are dishes called "burger" or "ravioli," for example, that have nearly nothing in common with their cooked-food namesakes but are delicious nonetheless.

There's enough variety on the menu to please most people, and all the more so in the beverage pages. Fresh juices are great, as was the chocolate cake.

The ambience is pleasant and relaxing, with both indoor and outdoor seating. Service was warm, and English is spoken (there's also an English version of the menu for the asking).

Rawcha's prices are a little higher than some of the other veg restaurants in town, but by the standards of European restaurants serving quality, raw, organic food, it's actually a bargain.

Highly recommended.

Enjoy!

Pros: Vegan and organic, varied menu, good desserts

Return to Prague Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rawcha closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.