Vegan-friendly
Fast food
Juice bar
Take-out
British

A family-run juice bar and cafe est 2014 previously at 12-12A, The Brooks Shopping Centre and moved here in 2016. Makes juices, wraps and soups, snacks, and serves locally roasted coffee. Reported closed April 2023.

Venue map for Rawberry
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by jasmineemily

Michael.kalmanovitch

Points +381

06 Mar 2023

Good place to hang for a bit

I ate twice here when I was in Winchester in February 2023. The first time I had a curry bowl and my friend had a grain bowl.

They offer a great assortment of bagels and sandwiches.

The food and portions were good.

It was a bit of a parent and child meeting up space. The eatery was smart and installed a children's play area in the basement (lots of room down there).

They also make quite a few juices and smoothies and that can make it quite noisy if you are sitting close to the area where the blender is located (which I was the first time I went). They need to invest in a noise suppression cabinet for their juicer.

I went to the toilet once when I was there. The toilets are a good walk to get to. I would think that it would be quite impossible for a person that had certain accessibility restrictions.

The second time I had the bowl. It was missing a really good sauce to bind all of the good things they crammed into the bowl.

Pros: Good food, Friendly staff/owner

Cons: Noisy when the juice blender is running

LJConrad

Points +117

20 Feb 2023

Heath food cafe

This is a juice bar/health food cafe. They are vegetarian but there are a good number of vegan options available. I personally don't like the aesthetic very much. It is quite worn and reminds me of a cafeteria. When we visited I don't know if they were understaffed, but the free tables hadn't been cleared from the previous customers. We picked a table that was too close to the kitchen so quite noisy. The staff did remove the previous customers' plates and bottles when they brought our drinks over but the table never got wiped down. They also forgot my food so by the time we managed to get it, the rest of our order was going cold. Hopefully it was just an off day.

Pros: Great if you love juices

Cons: Understaffed

JoshStanley

Points +33

07 Jan 2023

Amazing must go to Vegan Bar

Great food, many choices. Drinks are yummy and the staff are happy and smiley.

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Tasty food, Great atmosphere

friedrice

Points +1269

02 Jan 2023

Nice smoothies!

Yummmyyyyyy - and great staff!

robpeck98

Points +492

01 Jan 2023

Good smoothies

Good smoothies, very nice staff (that always play some quality Indie tunes). The food is fairly standard cafe, definitely can’t complain

BenFoden

Points +49

07 Dec 2022

Nice place

Nice big place, good varied menu. Tasty bagels, good coffee

Pros: Great options, Good coffee

TylerWhitmarsh

Points +56

05 Nov 2022

Great brunch

Had the garlic mushroom bagel which was banging.
Would recommend

JohnLewis17

Points +23

23 Oct 2022

Chocolate brownie to die for.

Friendly staff, brilliant coffee and loads of vegan/veggie options.

Pros: Brilliant vegan options , Amazing coffee.

Cons: Next to busy road

mak19

Points +16

21 Sep 2022

Really nice smoothies!

I had the Açai smoothie, it was very nice and not too sweet. I loved the environment it was very calm and aesthetic.

Pros: Promotes getting plant milk and not dairy

Cons: On the more expensive side

MichaelSalmon

Points +35

21 Sep 2022

A little bit of peace in a busy city

Favourite coffee place on winchester

Pros: Lots if vegan options, Friendly stuff , Nice decor

AitraVetrungei

Points +280

18 Sep 2022

Lovely smoothy & sandwich bar

Definitely recommend if you visiting Winchester. Nice breakfast with loads of vegan options. I had a bagel and really enjoyed it though I need to mention that I LOVE sour-sweet notes as of balsamic vinegar. They have plant-based milk options but they charge you additionally. Although it was decaf it was too strong taste-wise for me. Otherwise, a nice place for breakfast or brunch with a wide selection of super healthy smoothies.

Updated from previous review on 2022-09-17

Pros: Lots of vegan option although vegetarian, Beautiful interior , Friendly staff

Cons: Charging for plant-based milk

BethHill

Points +63

24 Jul 2022

I come back every time I’m in Winchester

Great little veggie cafe with loads of well labelled vegan options. Food has always been delicious and the staff are super welcoming and friendly. My favourite is the club bagel and tummy buddy juice!

jollyholly

Points +31

18 Jul 2022

Delicious!

I had a delicious vegan bagel - cashew cheese, avocado, onion and sweet potato. Very decent prices too! Wide variety of juices/smoothies too.

marianogales90

Points +935

12 Jan 2022

Light lunch

Vegetarian place with lots of vegan options, they have gluten free bread and sweet options too.
Friendly staff.

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Gluten free options

janebarrett

Points +40

28 Aug 2021

Modern, delicious plant based food

Really loved this cafe on a recent visit to Winchester ( found them using the app Happy Cow!). I had a fab sweet potato and avocado bagel , zingy immunity smoothie and fab coffee. It was so good I went back for another coffee and a cookie.

Pros: Smoothies are inventive and tasty , Food is delicious , Cool vibe - but friendly- bright , airy decor.

TrevorWeeks

Points +582

20 Aug 2021

Juices have never tasted so good!

Stopped off at Winchester and popped into this place. Their variety of juices smoothies and food was great. The taste was amazing served in glass bottles and cardboard straws. Tried their raspberry and coconut flapjack which was outstanding. I

Updated from previous review on 2021-08-20

georginarose

Points +38

16 Aug 2021

Delicious!

we had the:
sweet potato soup & avocado toast🌱
super yummy but rather pricey!

SophieShepherd

Points +237

18 Apr 2021

Lovely lunch spot!

Lovely lunch spot in Winchester! We had a lovely fresh smoothie and a tasty bagel. Really impressed with the efficiency with covid guidelines. You can order from a QR code from your phone and pay on the website and it will all be brought to your table. Lovely outdoor seating too. Thank you😄

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Lots of vegetarian options, Outdoor seating

QBella

Points +221

22 Jun 2020

Great little lunch place in Winchester, juices, smoothies, soups, salads, falafels...

I met a friend here for lunch after finding the listing on Happy Cow and we both really liked it. Fantastic smoothies, lots of juices and the staff were very helpful with letting me know which of the soups were suitable.

MarkStratton

Points +289

05 Feb 2020

Wholesome goodness

Mainly vegan cafe style, the roadside setting may seem a little spartan but the mixture of invigorating fresh juices, super healthy breakfasts like their acai bowl and lunchtime bagels - I had pulled Jack fruit- make this a perfect option for vegans in town. Great coffee too with choice of 4 non dairy milks.

Pros: Good price

Cons: Small menu

ShingleBeach

Points +82

14 Jan 2020

Nice

I came here with my non vegan friend, and we enjoyed the pulled jackfruit bagel, which is REALLY good!! It was also priced quite well.

Pros: Lots of Vegan Options , Friendly Staff, Well-Priced Food

Cons: Expensive smoothies

AngieRose95

Points +130

10 Sep 2019

Goals

The interior was so on-point, felt really welcoming and modern. The options available for food, smoothies, coffee and food is perfect. Treated myself to a smoothie, coffee and cake - wasn't disappointed. The smoothies I highly recommend, alongside the coffee! My chocolate cake was a little dry, but I'm not a massive chocolate cake fan. If ever I return to Winchester, I will be paying them a visit for sure.

Pros: Diverse menu options for light bites, Great ambience, Good coffee

Cons: Slightly dry cake, It's not local to me

Shalma

Points +87

12 May 2019

Fantastic food!

The food here is delicious. Tasty soup and sandwich selection. Friendly staff. Great smoothies. Loved it.

Pros: Beautiful food, Super tasty, Friendly staff

MadeInWonderland

Points +259

03 May 2019

Great cafe (if you don’t have a nut allergy)

I’ve been to Rawberry a couple of times and I’ll probably come back again. I love that they’ve all vegetarian/vegan, but unfortunately I have an almond allergy and most of their baked good are made with almond milk or meal. The staff are really helpful though and both times have helped me find something that I could eat. It is a little on the expensive side, but they use good ingredients (I’m currently munching on a breakfast bar filled with seeds and dried fruit). It’s very comfortable and has WiFi and additional seating downstairs.

Pros: Tasty, Friendly, Comfortable

Cons: Could use more options that don’t contain nuts , Expensive

kattgrover

Points +236

24 Apr 2019

Vegetarian Cafe

Rawberry is a cute little vegetarian cafe that serves instagram-worthy food. The staff are really friendly. I’ve eaten here on several occasions and each time have been let down by the small portion sizes (for the price) and lack of flavour. I appreciate the target audience is perhaps the ‘health conscious’ and so small portions might be appropriate but I can’t help but feel a little hard done by. I think if the food packed more of a punch flavour-wise, I’d be more satisfied with the price.

Pros: Beautiful food , Beautiful decor

Cons: Expensive , Food has lacked flavour

BakerEm

Points +56

29 Mar 2019

Yummy smoothies!

Delicious smoothies and calm atmosphere. Quite a few vegan food options and lots of vegan drinks. Staff really friendly

Pros: Good vegan selection, Lovely staff

Cons: Quite pricey, but portions are large!

skier

Points +102

22 Aug 2018

The only cafe serving healthy organic food in central Winchester

I live in Winchester and sadly there are no places serving vegetarian, vegan or even healthy homemade food...apart from Rawberry. I love their smoothies and the beetroot bagel is delicious.

Pros: Healthy food, Nice smoothies

Cons: Small size with not many tables