Raw8 Cafe

Contact 090-89826868

1-15-33, Nakatsu, Kita-ku, Osaka, Japan, 531-0071

Vegan raw food cafe, moved here in 2014. Offers lunch set, has raw cake. Last order taken 1 hour before closing. Open Mon-Tue 12:00pm-5:00pm, Thu 12:00pm-5:00pm, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Japanese, Organic, Raw, Western, Fusion

First Review by vegandubai

great lunch spot - Edit

Relaxed setting with a reasonable menu. My frequent and I enjoyed the vegan samosas which were more like wraps but very tasty all the same. Short on time so had to forego desert but we will be back!

Friendly service and menu has enough English for you to know what what you are ordering

Lovely Atmosphere - Don't Come Too Hungry - Edit

My husband and I went here for lunch this week and tried quite a large variety of the menu, including the raw quesadillas, raw burger sandwich, raw pasta, cooked curry, kombucha, and raw berry tart. I was expecting the portions to be small and expensive, but I was actually slightly disappointed with the food itself. The flavours were really salty and heavy on tahini, as well as what seemed like olive oil (or another oil?) and tamari or some kind of aminos. All those things are fine except they were so heavy that I felt they leant almost an unhealthy imbalance to the food.
On the other hand, we were really impressed with the cakes and also enjoyed the pleasant atmosphere inside. They were happy to let us charge our phones, and one of the staff kindly pointed out an outlet I could use if I wanted to go back and do some computer work. I'd certainly visit about, but would go for a snack and a drink instead of a meal.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Fully vegan

Cons: Expensive, Salty, Oily

Very good raw vegan cafe - Edit

I visited this cafe on Saturday, 29th October 2016.

This raw vegan cafe is a must visit if you like raw vegan desserts! They have chocolate parfait chocolate soft serve with banana, choc sauce, sweet walnuts and a raw cookie, besides raw tart, raw cheesecakes, etc.

Of course, they also have many other menu items available, such as raw vegan burgers, raw sandwiches, raw pasta, etc.

Please take note that they are only open on certain days and certain times. The staff member can speak English.

Don't say I didn't tell you!

Pros: Very good desserts, Staff/owner can speak English, 100% raw vegan food

Cons: Not open every day

cute cafe with great parfait! - Edit

I came here planning on lunch but when I saw the photo of the parfait, I had to get it! It's easy enough finding sorbet style dessert in Japan (vegan), but I'd been craving something creamy. The parfait was chocolate soft serve with banana, choc sauce, sweet walnuts and a raw cookie. Very enjoyable!! I would say a little bit more walnuts and banana would be nice. They were generous with the sauce :) considering Osaka parfaits are usually around 500-700yen, the price was just ok I think. Either more toppings, or if it was fully raw, or a cheaper price would be better.
But overall I enjoyed it :)

Raw in Osaka - Edit

Was really happy to find this little cafe. It was quite busy at noon on a Monday, but I managed to get a seat at the counter. I opted for the raw samosas. Had some of their in house made kombucha which was perfect,... not too sweet and nicely flavored. The samasa were yummy, I'd order them again. For dessert I had a raw berry pie which was out of this world great. I also tried their vegan soy soft serve, delicious.
Prices were what you'd expect for raw food and in general for Osaka. My total was 2200. The ladies working there were nice and spoke some English.

Pros: Raw Food, Awesome Desserts

lovely dinning experience and homey food - Edit

We were lucky to have the opportunity to dine in Raw8 Cafe as they are only open two days during the week (Monday and Tuesday) and over the weekend.

The food was fresh, light and homey. It was prepared on the spot by the owner of the shop. She was lovely and recommend is other vegan restaurants in the area.

Her raw vegan cheesecake and chocolate tart were heavenly. They were one of the best ones I've ever had.

Would definitely go back for more food and dessert when given the opportunity.

Pros: fresh , natural, organic

Lovely - Edit

I came here for lunch and got the raw food plate with the smoothie. After that, I got the raw food strawberry cake, and enjoyed it so much I got the vege cheese cake. All delicious. Sat comfortably for ages and thoroughly enjoyed my experience. The staff were friendly and even though there was no English menu, one of the staff spoke English well and translated the menu for me. Hope I can come back to try the other stuff on the menu!

Pros: Tasty Food, Staff Member Can Speak English, Comfortable Atmosphere

Cons: Smoothie Was Smaller Than Expected

Raw Oasis In Osaka - Edit

I had the pleasure of chancing upon Raw8 Cafe today. The cafe is only open for dining on a Tuesday, and I was lucky enough to be in town on a Tuesday.

The owner, a passionate raw Foodest has obviously taken great effort to collect Raw Food ideas from around the world, and present them through this delightful restaurant to Osaka. Menu is a set menu for the day.(although there are al la carte items to be had if so desired)

My lunch was tasty, fulling and the conversation stimulating. Finding an oasis in Osaka where one can have a true Raw Healthy Meal is a rare. Salads was delicious as was the green smoothie and the Raw Dessert.

Pros: Raw Healthy Cuisine, Zero Addatives, Homely Ambience

Cons: Only open on a Tuesday.

Return to Osaka Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Raw8 Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.