Raw Garden

Contact +371-22302296

Skolas iela 12, Riga, Latvia,

Restaurant with juice bar operating since spring 2011. Menu is approximately 50% raw food and 50% cooked vegan food. Has fresh juices, smoothies, and wheatgrass shots along with desserts cakes and sweets. Honey is used at times and also for sale. This is the first of 2 outlets in the city. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-9:00pm, Sat 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Raw, Western, Juice bar, European

First Review by olgucz

Went there once for lunch and had brown rice and kind of tomato sauce with scrambled tofu. The tofu was more like aside than the main thing. So not much protein in a portion.

Nice place.

Liked the chiapudding which I took as dessert.

Top vegan food - Edit

Raw Garden is an amazing vegan restaurant. All the food is of extremely high-quality and very good. The staff is friendly, and prices are good.

Pros: Everything.

Cons: Nothing.

Those beluga lentils - Edit

Can't remember how many times I visited this place but it's one of my favourites. Great selection of raw treats and the chia mango desserts were lovely when I could actually fit them in. But my favourite was the beluga lentils with mushrooms and kale and little towers of carrot puree - I could barely move afterwards! Just divine. This is the best and friendliest of the Raw Gardens. Especially Una who lights up the place, she's great!

Healthy Vegans Dream - Edit

This is a well decorated, modern place in the heart of Riga with friendly staff, healthy meals and aside from honey in some desserts - entirely vegan.

I really enjoyed my lunch here (I had raw vegan sushi and it was by far the best sushi I've ever had). The juice was lovely too. The only downside was the desserts. I'm greedy so I ordered six desserts to share with my friend and they all tasted pretty much the same. You know that grainy, raw-vegan taste that is pretty much everywhere? Yeah, they tasted like that which is a shame because the sushi was so delicious.

For Latvian standards, this place was extremely expensive especially because the desserts were so tiny.

Overall, though, the main course was good, the staff were friendly and helpful and the whole place was clean, fresh and minimalistic. I got good vibes from Raw Garden but they need to put a new spin on their desserts because what they're doing now isn't working.

Pros: good food, Friendly staff, well decorated

Cons: can get busy, desserts were meh

Excellent Raw Treats - Edit

We didn't buy any actual meals; just stopped in for a few treats at the counter. Very rich and well-made. I can't remember the names of the items we tried but one was a kind of chocolate fudge and another was similar to a granola bar. Watch out for honey, though!

Pros: Raw, Good quality ingredients

No complaints! - Edit

On the whole, I´m happy with the couple of visits I have paid to this restaurant. I liked their food, and while they may not serve extremely generous portions (I'm thinking about the lasagne here), I didn't think they were scarce either. They took the time and effort to serve the cake with some sea buckthorn sauce and raspberries, that would usually not be the case at home in Stockholm.
On one occasion I got the wrong dish and was not alert enough to ask them to take it back before actually eating quite a bit of it, but it was probably just due to the language barrier. Staff were attentive, even when I arrived at the last minute to purchase some sweet things to take away.

RIDICULOUSLY SMALL PORTIONS!!!!!!!!! - Edit

I used to visit Raw Garden each time I would go to Latvia and I used to love the place until I visited it last week and got very disappointed. The portions up to this point have been large and satisfying and, since I used to love their lasagna I ordered lasagna again. And, to my surprise they brought (literally!!!) two tiny pieces of squash and a bit or tomato. The prices have also gone up. Left the place having paid 12 euros and still hungry... Hideous. The place that used to be cute and nice turned into something... I don't even know. Guys, why are you being so cheap?? And why did you change your lasagna, which used to be so rich and creamy, round, big and tasty and with olives into something ridiculously small and not even tasty? What are the customers paying for? I don't know... Very dissatisfied.

Pros: variety of foods

Cons: very expensive, small portions, good lasagna turned into something bad

Smart restaurant, friendly service and good value - Edit

I visited Raw Garden three times - once for dinner and twice for lunch. Staff are very friendly, and informed us that all the food on the menu was vegan, which meant we had a lot to choose from. Menus are available in English and the staff we met were all fluent English speakers.

At lunch, you can order from the menu or go for the "business lunch" which is around 4.50€ - great value for the standard of food they offer. I had a vegetable curry dish one day and a raw pizza the next, which was especially delicious. For dinner, we had a vegan cheese plate, a Thai style soup and a delicious chilli, followed by a chocolate ice dessert.

Highly recommended!

Pros: High standard vegan menu with delicious food, Excellent and friendly service, Smart surroundings

great first impression, but only had a shake - Edit

I only had a shake and no food. the place was packed, seems to be the vegan / raw place to be. bright, friendly atmosphere and healthy smell of wheatgrass as you walk in. staff were friendly and spoke English well. lots of options to chose from, all menus in Latvian though although staff are happy to translate. no a la carte - instead they do a black board 'business lunch' which consists of a choice of starter and main as I understand it. my (energy) shake was fine, nothing special but a bit expensive for €4.50 I thought. overall great first impression however.

Pros: bright, happy atmosphere, busy and healthy vibe, great shake and drinks selection

Cons: bit on the pricey side (smoothies)

Sehr lecker, roh und Vegan. - Edit

Es hat alles wunderbar geschmeckt. Wir hatten eine Lasagne. Gurken Spinat Suppe. Ravioli und Avocado Torte. Wir kommen wieder.
---
It all tasted wonderful. We had a lasagna. Cucumber soup spinach. Ravioli and avocado pie. We'll be back.

Great food - Edit

We visited Riga one week in August 2014 and we went twice to Raw Garden. Very fresh and yummy food, and an incredible juice/smoothie selection. After dinner we bought some delicious desserts. If I visit Riga again, I'll come back to this restaurant.

Pros: Fresh, Lots of juice & smoothies, Super friendly personnel

delicious raw and non-raw ALL VEGAN food - Edit

Just finished a delicious lunch meal here. Raw soup, warm chickpea creamy main, and avocado + pineapple juice for 9.50€. Everything here is vegan and everything I had was delicious.

Pros: vegan, raw

Nice - Edit

I was surprised to find a vegan restaurant in Riga. Had the daily menu, soup was excellent, second dish was not very tasty neither filling, but avocado cake dessert exceeded any expectation. Overall good experience but I found it a bit pricey for a country like Latvia.

Pros: Healthy, Fresh

Cons: Expensive

Return to Riga Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Raw Garden closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.