Raw Fresno

• Other Other
Contact n/a

Fresno area, Fresno, California, USA,

A local kitchen specializing in gourmet raw and vegan food via a food truck and also serves out of a tent at farmer's markets. Provides prepackaged, organic, locally grown plant-based meals, appetizers, desserts, fresh juices, and smoothies using sustainable practices. Please see its webpage for updated schedule.

First Review by catbone

This Is The BEST PLACE To Be On Friday Nights! - Edit

Chef Naomi is the best! Not only is her specialized Cuisine the most delicious Raw Food I've tasted, but the entree portions are just what your appetite craves. And that makes the meals at Raw Fresno a great find within the Raw Foods World.
My husband and I have eaten in many Raw Food Restaurants, stores, pick-up counters and we have even taken Raw Food cooking classes. From San Diego to Sacramento, we have canvassed the Raw Food Circles in California... and Chef Naomi at Raw Fresno is the clear winner in our minds.
We happily found Raw Fresno on the HC app. I went to her website to look at the menu. That was the first nod approval she got from me. Chef Naomi's website is fantastic. It's clear, easy to read, with solid user logic dictating the flow of her Web Pages. I had absolutely no difficulty negotiating the site and could easily place my order. I sent a comment via the Order Page and got a timely text response from Chef Naomi.
So, be reassured it is my every intention to become a Raw Fresno "Veteran" quickly. We not only had dinner at Raw Fresno last night in the fabulous Gazebo Gardens, but we are excited to learn that once a month the Gazebo Gardens hosts a food truck night. So, we will be eating more of Chef Naomi's excellent cusine tonight.
The only problem we have ever experienced in our raw food journey throughout California is the cost. Because of the usually tiny, sometimes microscopic portions doled out in the Raw Food Circles, we simply run out of money. That means we can't afford to eat it very often. What happens with us is we have to buy 2-3 entrees for each of us. That's a total of 4-6 entrees for one dinner for two. Then, we're still hungry and go to a market or restaurant for something else to eat on top of that. That's a lot of time and money to invest for one meal.
But, Raw Fresno's portions are just the right size for us. We placed our usual 5-item order to share. Not only did it fill us up with good-tasting healthy food, each of us had left-over entrees for lunch the next day. Now that's a first for us!
We both loved the collard-wrap sandwich. I think it was my favorite entree and my husband was quick to agree that it was also pretty filling when we shared it. We can't decide which we liked better: The gorgeous tostado with the Chia seed "cracker" on the bottom (which was fantastic), or the beautifully large 2-taco entree. I'm big on Mexican flavors and the tacos tasted so authentic that I will definitely order this one again.
If you are looking for a healthy entree that almost makes you vibrate with good health while you eat it, then try the sprouted Lentil Salad. Don't let its smaller size fool you, it's impressive how it makes you feel once you've eaten it.
I was almost disappointed when they did not have the sweet, open-faced breakfast sandwich last night. But, they substituted the Happy Tummy Cheesecake. We ate that first and that really did make our tummies happy!
The Kombucha beverages were all so outstanding. My favorite was the Cherry and my husband thought the Strawberry was best. The Pomegranate is on my list for tonight and I wouldn't be surprised if my husband can't decide between two Kombuchas and orders them both. These are the BEST kombuchas we've ever tasted... Surpassing even the ones we've had on tap.
Anyone who has read enough of my reviews knows by now I feel a strong sense of responsibility to our HC members to "tell the truth"... Not just positive "Fluff." I've been forced to report in some reviews, places I thought were a complete waste of our traveling time and precious dollars... And also places we will never return. So when I say, "This is the very BEST Raw Food you can buy, I sincerely mean it!" That opinion stems from our 15 years of constant meals-on-the-road.
But, come and see for yourself. Come often and be sure to make it a point to meet the woman behind this amazing Raw Food Experience, Chef Naomi. She alone will surely win your confidence... even before you take your first bite!
Come on a Friday night when their food truck is at the Gazebo Gardens. On Friday nights you are in for an unfathomable and delicious treat. Every one of your senses will scream in ecstacy and delight as you are consumed by the soulful music of the live band and the gorgeous scenic gardens of the Gazebo... It is just brimming with the live fresh environment that is the perfect setting for your Raw Fresno cuisine.
Try to arrive early at the Gazebo Gardens when they open at 5pm because parking can be difficult. You also might not get a seat at one of the center picnic tables that is within ear-shot of the live band. You don't want to cheat yourself out of the full dining experience at this amazing outdoor Beer Gardens. Once you come, I'm sure you'll want be here every Friday Night.

Return to Fresno Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Raw Fresno closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 709 times since Dec 2014.