First Review by CiaraSlevin

Excited to try more! - Edit

I finally tried Raw Food Rebellion a month or two ago after having heard excellent reviews from friends. I went for breakfast and had the cinnamon and raisin toast with nut butter which was so so good!
I did buy the Beyoncé juice as well (the name sold it to me) and I was a little disappointed but it could have been an off day!
The staff were super friendly and the café had a really great atmosphere so I'll definitely be returning soon to try more! :)

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-08

Pros: Great food, Super friendly staff, Good atmosphere

Cons: A little pricey

Love this place! - Edit

Previous visits to Belfast have been a bit sad on the vegan food front, so we were absolutely thrilled to hear a vegan cafe had opened. And even more thrilled to find it such a lovely place - the food is great, the space is lovely, the people are really friendly. Highly recommend!

lovely place, people and food - Edit

Highly recommend this place, the food, coffee and smoothies are amazing and the staff are friendly and helpful. Well worth a look for breakfast or lunch!

Pros: Food and drink all great (I sampled a lot!), People and atmosphere, Healthy and tasty

Cons: n/a

lush - Edit

lovely place & friendly staff, I was there solo & it was my first vegan café experience, my meal was so nice and the 2 girls working there took the time to talk to me when I made conversation. I was on a visit, but if I return to Belfast, I will definitely come back here.

Pros: fully vegan menu

really great :) - Edit

First visit for lunch and had a raw remoulade. So tasty! My partner had a chickpea sandwich was was also very good. We got peanut butter cups and little bounty cups, very nice though very rich.
Relaxed atmosphere and friendly service. Great to see a vegan place in Belfast and it was also full, no free seats at all :) will def be back!

Pros: good location , great food , fast friendly service

I would happily eat everything. - Edit

I love this place! Yay for a vegan eatery in Belfast.

The savoury food is so tasty. They typically have 3/4 specials daily including soup, a fantastic salad and some sort of hot dish like bean chilli with rice and guacamole or sweet potato curry. They also have a spiraliser to make noodles from carrots/courgettes etc. Far more exciting than I'm making it sound. Everything I've tasted has been so satisfying and delicious. Great attention to making really flavourful food.

The sweet things are also fun to try. A little shock for someone who hasn't tried raw desserts before maybe. They have no added processed sugar. I recommend the cashew cheese cakes- any and all of them.

They have a great juice/smoothie menu, soy/almond/hazelnut/coconut milks to choose from for tea and coffee. There are Nakd bars and the like sold too.

I'm just so excited that there's an actual veggie cafe/restaurant with great opening hours. Staff are lovely, very enthusiastic and helpful. Service is very prompt. Relaxed and neutral decor, nice and clean. Help-yourself water available- I like this as I drink a lot.

Go and eat and be happy and healthy!

Pros: All vegan!

Perfection - Edit

It's about time an eatery such as Raw Food Rebellion (RFR) opened in Belfast. Up until now we've probably been the only major European city without a dedicated vegetarian cafe. Indeed we have the awesome Giro's but unfortunately it has opened and closed over the years. Although Giro's still operates today, sadly it's opening hours are intermittent.

However RFR is not just a vegetarian cafe, it's vegan. Nevertheless, you don't have to be either vegan or vegetarian to eat there and enjoy it. The food is of an exceptionally high quality made from the finest, purest, organic ingredients.

I visited today and absolutely LOVED RFR. The menu is not huge, however I would've happily eaten EVERYTHING listed. After much deliberation I opted for a roast chickpea salad of kale and romaine lettuce topped with hummus, roast nuts and a creamy dressing. It was heavenly; delicious, rich, fresh, nutty and original. Without doubt the best salad I've ever eaten. For afters I indulged in a trio of sweet things; a chocolate peanut butter cup, a hazelnut chocolate bliss ball and a seeded caramel bliss ball. Devine desserts.

RFR itself is a cosy, chilled little cafe with a clean, warm feel. I love the fact the napkins are made from 100% recycled paper. Staff are a delightful pleasure to deal with and there's free wifi and seriously fine coffee served as well. This cafe is as close to ideal as you'll get - PERFECTION. I hope it's with us for many years to come.
Updated from previous review on Sunday August 30, 2015

Return to Belfast Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Raw Food Rebellion Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.