Raw

Contact 312-831-2729

131 N Clinton Ste 7 (at inside French Market), Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60606

Grab-n-go, prepared raw food vendor inside the Chicago French Market at Ogilvie Train Station. Offers organic raw vegan meals, drinks, and snacks, with a focus on nut-free. Salads, raw pizza, super food smoothies, wheat grass shots, coconut water, and rejuvelac. Open Mon-Fri 7:00am-7:30pm, Sat 8:30am-5:30pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out only

First Review by s4hawkins

Raw Never Tasted So Good - Edit

I've made various raw dishes and dined at raw restaurants over the past few years but this place serves raw food unlike any i've ever had. It's exploding with flavor and wonderful textures. I've had the tiramisu (more like baked tiramisu than i thought possible), cranberry muffins, and the sample platter (zucchini noodles with marinara and meatballs, ravioli, garden burger with the fixings and a dessert). i can't wait to try more of their food, i just wish i lived in the city so i could go there more often!

Pros: delicious , lots of choices, lots of variation

Cons: a little expensive, grab and go only

Quite possibly my favorite vegan restaurant - Edit

Yum, yum, yum! I love this place so much. Everything is vegan and most items are gluten free as well (except the sandwiches). I especially love the lasagna and the ravioli ... both absolutely delicious! You don't in any way feel like you are missing out, even though there is no pasta in it. It is better than actual lasagna, in fact. There is also a sample platter, which you can't go wrong with ... ravioli, "spaghetti," veggie burger, sides, dessert. On that note, while most of the meals include a tiny sample of the lemon square dessert (another must-try item!), only some of them do. Not sure why some have a dessert and other don't. There are other dessert options, as well, and smoothies and snacks.

Everyone is so nice, too!

It is expensive, though. I understand why - a lot of work and high quality ingredients go into their food, but I wish there were more (non-sandwich) items under $10. Overall, though, it is amazing.

Pros: 100% vegan, Delicious, Lots of choices

Cons: Expensive, No seating

very satisfying - Edit

We had a very tasty and satisfying lunch at Raw. It was also very filling and kept me happy and going the whole afternoon. I could have skipped dinner easily... The food was very fresh and tasty and I especially have to recommend the deserts! It's a very small take-away-spot with a small seating area. They also sell (cook)books, supplements and ingredients (like raw nuts and such). They have a well assorted smoothy-menu as well.

Pros: food is fresh and tasty, very well seasoned , friendly staff

Fast food in a convenient location - Edit

Raw's location in the French Market inside Olgilvie Transportation Center makes it very convenient on my commute. I either pick something up in the morning to take something to work for my lunch or pick something up for dinner on my way home. They often have a kale salad and a variety of raw vegan versions of non-raw, non-vegan dishes. The food is good, and I always enjoy eating somewhere that I can get lots and lots of vegetables. For me, there are two drawbacks about this place. The first is that I don't eat much salt, and everything here tastes moderately to very salty to me. The second is that it's expensive. Compared to other places within a few blocks that I buy lunch, it costs me several dollars more. But Raw will likely be in my rotation as long as it's there.

Pros: Fast service, Convenient location

Cons: Expensive

Best Raw Food Ever - Edit

I was lucky enough to be staying just a block from this place... was in Chicago for 4 days, ate here everyday! Everything was amazing. The pizza was the best raw pizza I've ever had... the moment I bit into it, it reminded me of the days of Pizza Hut in my youth! Amazing flavors! The Empanada is to die for as well, and the muffins.... seriously just everything is awesome. I've been a raw foodie for about 3 years, and they had the best I've had so far!

Pros: Ready to eat!, Super healthy!, Like I would make at home.

Cons: I live to far away :(

Great time at Raw - Edit

Went with a friend for a healthy lunch after yoga, we had a delicious meal and entertaining conversation with one of the partners. Recommended to everyone looking for net positive energy nutrition and uplifting vibes. Have a great time!

Best Raw food I've had so far! - Edit

I've tried raw food all over the county and out of the country and by far this is both my girlfriend and I's favorite raw food place! I am vegan and I was never sold on the raw thing for awhile, because I had stuff that was ok and this changed my mind on the whole thing!

A hidden gem - Edit

I was visiting Chicago two weeks ago, and I would never have found this place without Happy Cow. It is tucked into the French Market at the Metra Ogilvie Station. The French Market is a bit like Reading Terminal Market in Philly, but smaller.

Raw is basically a counter with a couple of refrigerated cases flanking it. There are two open refrigerated cases below the counter as well. I had the mock salmon salad sandwich and the tiramisu. The tiramisu was one of the best vegan tiramisu's that I have ever tasted.

The main problem with RAW was the sky-high price, for a take-out only place. I know that the food is all made from scratch, but it is not made-to-order.

I took the food with me to eat at O'Hare before my flight back home. It was a nice way to end my trip to Chicago.

Pros: good flavor, good texture, healthy food

Cons: steep price, take-out only

An oasis!! - Edit

I was visiting from out of town and found this little gem through Happy Cow. Friendly, helpful staff. Delicious, healthy food. Sustainable practices. Delicious, filling juices and smoothies.

I'm making it a point to visit every time I'm back in town.

Know Your Ingredients! - Edit

I found this place after seeing a truck driving around the city and I made a trip to visit as my wife takes the train home and it could be a regular stop for non-cooking nights.

I have a tough time finding vegan food, for the obvious reason of not many places with good options, but also garlic makes me sick.

So, I go through my painstaking routine of reading ingredient labels were most thing here have garlic. I found a dish that did not have garlic listed on the label and I figured most people have specific diets who eat there and the people working there should be accustom to the "what's in this" conversation, so I asked if there was garlic just to confirm. She said no, not if it's not on the label. I thought, excellent! I start eating and half way through (it's hard to tell if there is garlic in some vegan food) I bit into a clove. I wasn't happy. I debated over throwing it away and just walking out, but I had specifically asked her about garlic. I went up to the counter and said that it did have garlic in it (thinking they may try and reconcile) and the girl just said "oh okay". I wait for her to maybe say "sorry for the mistake we'll get you something else seeing you ate only half of a $15 lunch". I was pissed (and sick the next day)! Most restaurants know what's in there food, I expect nothing less here. Chalk this one up as another place I can't eat at!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday April 23, 2014

Pros: They have vegan food (rare), Good location

Cons: Misleading ingredients , Kind of expensive

Raw Rocks! New Location at Dearborn & Huron St. - Edit

This place is amazing. They opened up a new location on the corner of Dearborn and Huron. Mostly take out but they have a small window counter area where you can eat on-site too. I live two blocks away and am thrilled to have them in the neighborhood.

The Salads are all amazing. I've had both Kale Salads and a couple of others. If you love salads you will be very happy.

The Pizza, Collard Burrito, Falafel...What can I say? Simply delicious. Also love their Oat/Fruit Muffin. That's become a regular breakfast for me, but their Raw Oatmeal is pretty incredible too, flavored with apples, raisins and cinnamon (not reliant on cashew or almond butter but still delicious.)

Portion sizes are perfect and pricing is moderate. In my opinion all of the food is price appropriately for the value equation of what you are getting for what you pay.

One thing they do incredibly well is come up with delicious healthy food that, I believe, would be lower on the caloric scale then other similar establishments. I'm a big fan of a few Vegan/Raw places in NYC but the (only) knock I have on those places is they use a lot of Nut Butters in everything they make and so their food is Caloric. At Raw Chicago, this is not the case. They use a great blend of healthy ingredients and their food, its richness, is generally not dependent on Nut/Seed butters. Although they don't put calorie counts on their packages, I know their food is not overly caloric (just moderately and appropriately caloric and certainly healthy calories at that.)

Get yourself to Raw. You will not be disappointed. If you are a Whole Foods shopper it's a half block away from the Huron St. Whole Foods. Go and grab lunch before your next Whole Foods shopping excursion. Don't grab the last Collard Burrito because there better be one there when I get there!

Pros: Variety/Selction, Lower Calorie not reliant on nut butter, Location (new store Huron and Dearborn)

Cons: Mostly take out, little seating, Tough to find unless you know it's there, Run out of top sellers, get there early

Delicious Food - Edit

Stopped in for lunch.so many choices! Ended up getting the "sampler". Very tasty and filling. Friendly staff. If location was closer to my office would eat here more often.

Pros: Variety, Fast Service, Delicious

Cons: Pricey

Awesome - Edit

Boyfriend and I were visiting for a few days and decided to come check this place out. What a great little gem! The selection was decent considering how small the storefront was. I ended up hauling a bag full of stuff back to the hotel-a coconut yogurt, a raw carrot cake, an apple pie, and different kinds of snacks. Everything was delicious, so I came again two days later to try out some more stuff.

This time I got an avocado-chocolate pudding, two carrot oat muffins, and some more snacks. The pudding had cacao nibs all over the bottom and on top and was decadently rich. I found it a bit too heavy for just one person, but would be perfect for 2-3 to share. The oat muffins were huge and AMAZING. Seriously, get them or you'll regret it! I would also love to try their entrees, but was already booked up for all the other veggie restaurants in town. Well, next time for sure!

Pros: great food, selection

My Favorite Raw Food Place - Edit

The owners are the best and that translates into some of the best raw food I've ever eaten. I've tried everything on the menu and like it all. My personal favorites are the "egg" salad sandwich, the energy soup, the kale salad, and the Thanksgiving dinner package. I've recently moved away from Chicago and will miss this place very much. I used to work across the street from the French Market (where Raw resides) and I've eaten there at least 150/200 times. If you are in downtown Chicago (west Loop), you must try this place.

Pros: Amazing food, All raw, Organic

Absolutely wonderful - Edit

My husband and I were absolutely delighted by the French Market and even more delighted with RAW. Hands down, the food we got from RAW was the best raw food we have ever had. He had the Salmon Pate and I had the Falafel sandwich. We shared an apple pie for dessert. The owner was extremely nice - she gave us two free muffins because she said it was customer appreciation day. I wish we lived in the Chicago area because I would love to further support this business and the food is very reasonably priced for the quality and everything is just delicious. We will be going back during our next trip to Chicago!

Pros: great food, friendly staff, convenient location

Great!!!!! - Edit

The food here was great! I had a burrito and for the next week I was craving another. It was amazing! My friend got the pasta. She was surprised at how good it was. Everything we tried was great and I would go back every day if I could. The food was completely raw and vegan. You could buy items for the go too. The service was very friendly and I highly recommend RAW!

Pros: great healthy food, friendly service

Cons: a bit expensive

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Raw closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.